Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
PRico92
0 Kudos

High School Sux!

Man, high school is a bummer! lol i have tons of classes with my friends and all but this school year is taking a toll on me. i had to change my schedule like ten times before i could finally settle down. And now, i wish i didn't have any AP classes, they're killing me. i thought my senior year was suppose to be the best year of my life but now i realize i was so wrong lol i think i have senioritis or something lol i've gotten so lazy this school year; i just don't feel like working so hard. and a warning to everyone! DON'T EVER TAKE AP STATISTICS! YOU WILL DIE! lol but i guess besides all of the work i'm getting, this year isn't so bad. i'm only taking three academic classes this year and three electives this year. well i have to go to a party in 15 minutes i should log off lol

who else is a senior here?

"There are millions of people in this world, but in the end it all comes down to one. "
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

Re: High School Sux!

ehh im just a wee little freashman... haha.....

"We could do pizza."
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

im a senior and my senior year is soo great. Mostly cause i took classes because i like them. I am stressed over college applications and stuff. did u do those yet? can u help me? but i decided to not take ap this year so i am not as stressed lol.

Inspired Correspondent
passi0nate_1
0 Kudos

im a junior and this year is really stressful i have so many ap and honors classes this year and i have a job now so its a lot of work. i really have to work on managing my time so i get everthing done.

Music is the cure.
I am the addiction.
Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

Meh. I had a crappy start to the school year, and I don't really have many classes with my friends, but it's getting better.

I hate my art teacher, though! He is completely focused on the athletes in our class (it seems like everyone in the school is  :smileytongue:), and ignores the rest of us. And he has a totally unfair grading system.

Do any of you hate your teachers? Any awesome ones?

team GALE, anyone?
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I"m a freshman!

I have a lot of classes with a lot of friends!

I'm a little streessed with all the homework (I'm not in any Pre-AP classes but there's still a lot of homework!)

I've been in school for about 3 weeks and I had 2 papers due with in the first 2 weeks of school

*Sigh*

But I know it'll get better!

:smileyhappy:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Im a sinor and i was looking forward to it then just because i thought i wouldnt have alot of classes but i have more than ever now because the school system lost a full semester of my grades i mean what the hell!

How do you lose a half years worth of grades and they act like its my fault or something and they also told me that i failed my english casee (exit exam) and didnt take my math but i took it the same day as my sister and we both passed i had to give them the print out that they mailed me it was so stupid if i didnt have it they would have made me take it again.

Man i wish i was in elementery school still at least them losing my grades then wouldn't have really mattered now im screwed and figures crossed so at least im still able to graduate with my class.

~Love is a poison~
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

im not in high school yet but I take Pre-AP classes they're alright I guess well next year I'm freshmie hopefully I don't get tons on homework

Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Well i guess it all just depends on alot of things but if your doing rally good in your pre-ap classes most likely you might get ap classes in high school.

But look on the bright sode if it's to much for you, you could always talk to your counsler.

~Love is a poison~
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

HAIIIIIIII, I'm a frickin' middle-schooler, and so far my year's been okay. I got like NO CLASSES with my friends, which really pisses me off, but I'm basically making it up as I go along xP

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

im a sophomore...

i hope ur year gets better

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
emma23
0 Kudos

i'm a sophmore and so far highschool sux i mean i have classes with most of my friends but i'm taking AP bio and i have lots of homework and i can tell this year is going to be stressfull.

Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Im taking classes with no one i know im new and i  go to school on the computer it has its perks to it but aslong as i graduate im good.:smileyhappy:

~Love is a poison~
Frequent Contributor
Lindie
0 Kudos

I feel your pain. I'm in 3 AP classes.

AP Chemistry= DEATH

I've come to the conclusion that chemistry is just something people made up. They can't prove anything that they are saying.

AP Psychology is actually ok.

AP Calculus- I spent a half hour on one homework problem and still can't get to the answer the book gives.

I do miss AP English Lit (a class I took last year), but mostly it was because my teacher was awesome. I didn't pass the exam. :smileysad:

"She sang, of course, "M'ama!" and not "he loves me," since an unalterable and unquestioned law of the musical world required that the German text of French opreas sung by Swedish artists should be translated into Italian for the clearer understanding of English-speaking audiences."
Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

well i just go my classes monday pretty much and i have spanish one i couldnt do it in 8th grade why'd they give it to me again. Holla como estas?

~Love is a poison~
Inspired Contributor
Outlaws-Girl
0 Kudos

I am just a wee little freshman lol

it is good so far except that there are three freshman in my spanish 2 class : ( including me

accelerated geometry is hard but i have a good teacher

again 1 of three freshman in photojournalism

gym is HORRIBLE  i mean the guy has short man syndrome and he talks about girls periods screaming at the top of his lungs and i mean there is another class at the other end of the gym and wieghtlifting on the track! and he makes us run a half mile for a warm up!  Then skip then shuffle then gallop!  I mean come on!

My heath and wellness class is good though!

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Okay, so Physics Honors is friggin IMPOSSIBLE. And my dad said if I didn't get straight As, he would return my puppy! I'm so sad, but I don't know what to do because the end of the quarter is in like 3 weeks and I have to bring it up like 10 percentage points. URRGGHH! Somebody wanna tutor me online? I don't understand relative velocity at ALLLLLL.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

sorry, i hate taking honors classes, when ur the youngest one, or u dont have ne friends in the class, it sucks, i hope it grown better... and i tihnk realtive velocity is the average *speed*of an object after all trials are throguh....but please dont take me at my word
"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"