Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
star2711
0 Kudos

Historical fiction

Ya know, I really like historical fiction for some strange reason. I really like the topics about the Revolutionary War and I absolutely love the Strong Bow Saga. My two favorite writters are Judson Roberts and Ann Rinaldi. I only own two of Ann Rinaldi's books: Cast Two Shadows and A Break With Charity. I have both of the Strong Bow Saga books and am currently reading Dragons From the Sea.
Another favorite book is Nobody's princess. Being myself, I forgot who wrote this but you have got to read this!!! Its about a Spartan princess named Helen. I'm so into mythology and mythical creatures...perfuably Greek. If you have any ideas on what I should read next, just replie to this blog.
"I killed him. I killed that boy." Johnny Cade, The Outsiders, S. E. Hinton
Contributor
kanderson77
0 Kudos

Re: Historical fiction

If you are interested in mythology/historical fiction you should check out Troy by Adele Geras.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&bnit=H&bnrefer=ROMANCEGENERAL&EAN=97...

I have read other books by this author and really liked them.

Kelly
BN Editor
MattW
0 Kudos

Hey there! Troy by Adele Geras is a great book - awesome suggestion! I also notice that historical fiction is starting to merge with romance books, such as in Libba Bray's books and the upcoming fiction series, The Luxe (it's really Gossip Girl meets historical fiction). Would you be into anything like that?

As for other historical fiction novels, the book Hattie Big Sky got lots of attention recently - you might like that. You can browse more historical fiction here.
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com
Frequent Contributor
PlaySoccer247
0 Kudos

Book Options

I am looking for a book with some history but mainly fictional for a report i have to do let me know if you have any suggestions! Definetly appreciated Thanks
Don't Be an LBR (jk)
Frequent Contributor
Baker
0 Kudos

Re: Book Options

Well if you know about plymouth and how it was found and stuff you might want to read blue bloods by melissa De La Cruz. It has some history in it but is pratically all fiction. It has a group of vampires that are from like along time ago. Certain things in the mean something in the now in the book.
Baker
Contributor
star2711
0 Kudos

Re: Book Options

well.....i would give u an answer but idk what kind of history ur into r u into World War 2 or 1 or what. send me an answer and im bound to find u a book ta read.......
"I killed him. I killed that boy." Johnny Cade, The Outsiders, S. E. Hinton
Frequent Contributor
PlaySoccer247
0 Kudos

thanks i read a great book and got an awsome grade!
Don't Be an LBR (jk)
Frequent Contributor
platinumpink
0 Kudos

I liked Jason McGee (Rev. War or F & I War) and The Year Of Jublio (post-Civil War).
New User
rach2012
0 Kudos

The Luxe is a really good story with alot of culture in it, but if its for school their might be some stuff you have to leave out
TEAM EDWARD! :smileyhappy:
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

Anything by
Philippa Gregory,
or Sarah Dunant.
Carolly Eckrison is also rather good (though I'm sure I didn't get her name right, she wrote "The Hidden Diary Of Marie Antoinette" )
Anita Diament
Libba Bray (for teen HF)
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."