Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Re: Holocaust.

Louise Murphy is the author and as soon as I read it I'll tell you what I think. I'm pretty sure it's going to be great though. It was under "Erica's Favorites" or something in Barnes and Noble. Erica works there I assume lol.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Correspondent
bookaholic_girl
0 Kudos

You need to read I Have Lived a Thousand Years. I think the author's name is Livia Bitton-Jackson. It is one of my faves. I'm also currently trying to write a book set during the holocaust. I have always been intrigued by the subject.
~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.~
Philippians 4:13
New User
luvxnxwar
0 Kudos

defnitely read devil's arithmetic. umm.. then there's the upstairs room (i think that's what it's called) and anne frank and me.  they're all technically fiction, but based off a lot of true facts from the holocaust, and that's what they're all about. hope that helped! =]
New User
Inspire_123
0 Kudos

Well I've read "Heros of the holocaust" Its an amazing book. The basic gist of the  book is there different stories of how teenagers help jews by going into hiding or making fake ID's for them. Find out how teenagers have the power to make a change into other peoples live. Very impacting story i enjoyed reading it and i hope you do to/:smileyhappy:

New User
Jellybeans16
0 Kudos

I have read a holocaust book before and it was really sad itn was the boy in the striped pajamas it really hooked me from begining to end

New User
Jellybeans16
0 Kudos

the gist of the boy in the striped pajamas was that a boy named bruno is leaving his house in  berlin and is moving to outwits because of his father is a soilder and has to take care of some buisness, but bruno also finds something that he has never seen before/:smileyhappy:

New User
poodlelover2
0 Kudos

One book i can recommend for you is Milkweeds, it is about a kid that lives in the street,he steals food from store to survive.He doesnt know anything about his past, so his freind Uri gav him a name and a background story to talk about.Misha finds a family who are sent to the ghetto, so he goes with them.It is about how every night suffers in the ghetto and how hsteals food for the whole family and bring it back to there room which  is a closet.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

I've read nubmer the stars, and this semester, my History of Civilization course is reading a book by Primo Levi

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
New User
Jellybeans16
0 Kudos

Sounds like a very good book i will look into it :smileyhappy:

New User
kiwipach
0 Kudos

one book i think you should read is milkweed and the boy in the stripped pajamas . it is similar to anne frank. it is a really good book it talks about a holicaust as well. i really liked the boy in the sripped pajameas because a little boy that is not jewish becomes friends with a boy who is jewish because he did not care about his race. i also liked milkweed because it has a happy ending unlike the boy in the stripped pajamas.milkweed is interisting because a gypsy kid that once didint know anything about hymself not even that mothers excisted finds a friend that names him and cleans him and feeds him and turns out to be really nice. i think milkweed would be excellent if liked anne frank.