Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

Homeschooling

Hey everyone, I'm a homeschooler and I'm just wondering if there are any other fellow homeschoolers out there. I've been homeschooled since kindergarten and I'm graduating next year. I'm going to community college and doing high school. Can anyone else relate?

Contributor
xoforbiddenfruitxo
0 Kudos

Re: Homeschooling

I'm homeschooled!

I've been homeschooled since first grade, and I'm going to be in ninth soon :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

Cool! Do you enjoy it! I know I do!
Contributor
xoforbiddenfruitxo
0 Kudos

Yes, I do :smileyvery-happy:

It's really cool because you can wake up and do school in your jammies if you want :smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_
0 Kudos

I'm homeschooled too! :smileyvery-happy: I'm been homeschooled since 4th grade...I'm now in 8th grade..:smileywink: And I enjoyed it a LOT.:smileyvery-happy:
http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

Yeh, I miss being able to wake up whenever and do all my school at home. I'm still homeschooled but the only class I have left to take before I graduate is government and that takes only like fifteen minutes. I'm taking three classes at a comunity college to get a jump start on college, I'm at school two days a week from eight to five.
Wordsmith
Raestar15
0 Kudos

I'm homeschooled. Have been since second grade. I have a big class though since I have three sibs. I enjoy it but sometimes I don't.

Rae 

Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

Does anyone belong to any homeschool groups. I belong to one that has, like, at least 100 families, thats just families. And at least of eight of those families have more than eight kids. It's awesome, I have so many good lifelong friends and I don't even have to GO to school!
Inspired Contributor
Think-Im-Listening
0 Kudos

I don't get homeschooled but the thought of it is interesting. Like, who teaches you? How do you make friends? camp, volunteer work, what? Do you leave the house a lot? (cause during the summer I don't feel compelled to leave at all unless it's to tan by the pool, but during the school year all i want to do is go to my friends house andwalk around town) Do you get into good colleges? You don't have to answer if any of these questions are rude but i would really really like to know

"If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much" -Mariana's Trench
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

My mother used to teach me when I was younger, and she still helps a lot, but I mostly read my text books, do homework, and take tests by myself. In addition to that, many other homeschool mothers and fathers volenteer their time to teach homeschooled kids in "classes" usually held at a local church or other public area. There a lot of fun. As for friends I have and over abundancy of them, and there are always oprotunities to make more! One can meet fellow homeschoolers at a homeschooler club or other things such as 4-H.

Yes I leave the house A LOT! My mother is always wanting of time to work around the house we're gone so often, and it's usually going to social gatherings (hanging out) with my friends wether its at church or volunteer work or just going to movies or something fun like that.

Its amazing how  much being homeschooled helps ones reputation when getting into a college. I guess where just really smart hard-working students, we ought to be because our teachers are our parents and they really want us to learn a lot, unlike some public/private school teachers. In fact Homeschoolers have to achieve a higher ACT/SAT score in order to recieve Bright Futures here in goo ole Florida.

So pretty much homeschooling is just a lot of fun, but its also really educational since you learn you school subjects as well as life skills. I'm really glad my mother decided to homeschool me.

Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

Oh, BTW I'm also taking classes at a community college and thats are REALY good benifit of homeschooling. I get to complete my high school and my college classes all at the same time!
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

i'i'm homeschooled and hate it!!!!!
I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

Why?
Inspired Contributor
Think-Im-Listening
0 Kudos

That is so cool O.O Your parents teach you, lol, I cant imagine my mother teaching me cause two years ago when she went back to college I was tutoring her in algebra. :/ My father I guess, he's the one who helped me study (really it was cheating because I was absent on the day of the test and my friend gave me the hardest question -.-'') I still only got an 80 on that one though :/
"If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much" -Mariana's Trench
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

b/c i have no friends
I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

aww, I'm so sorry. I'm pretty sure you can go online and look for homeschool groups in your area, that would help a lot. Most homeschoolers make great friends. Where are you from? I know there are hundreds of groups in Florida (where I live).