Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
xtina823
0 Kudos

House of Night Series

Has anybody read the House of Night series? i just barely finished Marked, which is the first book. I'm still waiting for Betrayed to become available at the local library.

Owner of a Nook, March 22, 2010
Name: Gizmo
New User
readnowbreathelater
0 Kudos

Re: House of Night Series

Yeah I've read them. They were the second vampire type books that I read after twilight and I really liked them because they were completely different than that series-which if you've read twilight you would know cuz you said you read marked. They get even better as they go on in my opinion and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
Annie90
0 Kudos

I have read all of the HoN series and I absolutely LOVE them because they are like no other vampyre series out there. Can't wait till the next one comes out. The last book does seem to have a lot less action than the others but it is still an awesome series and I would recommended them to anyone who likes supernatural teen reads. 

"There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing."
-Oscar Wilde
New User
t-k-n_147
0 Kudos

The House of Night Series is amazing. One of my friends introduced them to me. The books are totally different from other Vampire type books. Also they were my second vampire type books after Twilight. These books are amazing and I hope she continues to make more of them.

Frequent Contributor
geekylurver
0 Kudos

They are absolutey Uhh-Mae-Zing! I have them all and i can't wait for AWAKENED. The whole series is drama which is kinda really interesting and keeps you guessing. I hope everyone reads them. Its a really great series.:smileyvery-happy:

Let the darkness take you in it's hold. Let him squeeze life out of you maybe next you'll learn not to be scared of him.
New User
KarenSamuels
0 Kudos

The House of Night Series has many great, entertaining moments that open up new eyes for vampire novels. Although Zoey can get annoying at times and the conversations frequently move from serious issues to humorous bickering back to serious, each character is dimensional and they all have distinct personalities. Each new book (which are usually cranked out in six-month intervals) holds new lessons and revelations for Zoey and the gang. All in all, a great series that never fails to surprise us.

Team Stark all the way. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
4Pookas
0 Kudos

I'm so in love with this series its ridiculous...and I'm 29 years old. 

Maybe it is because of my age, but I do find that the bickering between the "twins" and Aphrodite gets really old.  Also, some of their little phrases like "easy-peasy" and "ginormic", etc, make me roll my eyes.  I almost feel like the author tries TOO hard to channel her inner teenager with some of the slang, etc.  It can at times feel a little forced.

However, I'm still, as I said, totally in love with the series because it is so different from Twilight or the Vampire Diaries (which are the only other two Vamp series I've read).  I love that there is a separate school for the fledglings, etc, and that vampires co-exist in society with humans.  A very cool take on the whole vampire craze!  I'm on book #5 right now...already dreading getting to book 7 and then having to wait for another one to come out. 

~Angela
Correspondent
southrnbella
0 Kudos

i love this series...i totally agree zoey can be whiney...will there be another book after awakened or is that the last?

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/