Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
NCole
0 Kudos

How do you read?

Hey guys and gals,

I was thinking about how I have to have a song I listen to while I read a book and only that song. So the majority of books I've read have a theme song. For example everytime I hear "It's gonna be a good night tonight" I picture scenes from WINGS. I also prefer to read curled up on my bed or outside on my porch. What about you guys how do you prefer to read. If you like to have thme songs to let us know some of them. I think it'd be fun to try to read someone elses way. Do you rush through books or take your time?

Thanks

Tay

~They're real to me~
Frequent Contributor
LavenderSkye_09
0 Kudos

Re: How do you read?

I like to read with the TV on not sure why tho.  Also alot of my reading gets done on my bed. I  like to read outside and also in the car on trips doesn't matter were i always have a book with me. 

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

i like to read outside under a tree while eating some chocolates. That's how I do my homework too.

Inspired Contributor
Unique33
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
yeah i love to read during commercials when i watch tv and either outside in the grass or my bed thats where i love to read yep! :smileyhappy:
Contributor
NCole
0 Kudos

Ha Ha Ha You guys crack me up!!!

Haven't you heard bed is one of the worst places to read. lol. I'm an addict too.

I mean really on a rainy day curled up in bed with the rain hitting your window...

unfortunatly out here in AZ I don't get many of those nights.

Tay

~They're real to me~
Distinguished Correspondent
Taylor-Marie

Yeah, apparently doing anything on your bed besides sleeping throws off your sleep cycle =/

I usually go to B&N to read in one of their comfy armchairs...and if I ever get bored I can go pick up another book :smileyhappy:

-------------------
My teachers tell me I daydream too much....I tell them they work too much.
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i usually listen to music...i read best either on my bed, or on the bus...as long as i dont have to move i can stay in one spot and read for hours

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I like to read on my bed

and

at school

yeah i know that's kinda random but i like the desks

they're perfect for reading

:smileyhappy:

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Contributor
sandySG
0 Kudos

I can read anywhere (except in the car) while listening to anything. Cuz when read I imagine everything in my head to where everything just fades away. But I prefer to read at home on the couch with my feet up on the foot rest.
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

I read with a book. Lmfao sike nah xD

I usually read in my bed. And the only music I use is if the book was a movie and it has a soundtrack. I'll have that playing low so that it's not to loud while I read the book. I also love reading in places I never been to. New places for me and especially in the car. xD

TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
emma23
0 Kudos

i usally read in my bed or in barnes and noble, and sometimes i read in the park under a tree. i also read sometimes in the car, but i usally end up getting car sick.

Inspired Scribe
_mOonSeeKer_

i usually read in my room where I could lock my door and have no one pester me..lol

http://whisperinglostwords.blogspot.com
Contributor
NCole
0 Kudos

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I have to have my door locked...that drives me nutts when people bother me. Especially since most of the time they scare me cause I'm so into my book I don't realize they've come into my room:smileyhappy:

~They're real to me~