Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

How often do you read? Is reading very important to you.

Its been a month or two for the people who renumber me, but as for the question, I read mostly on weekends, and sometimes  at night.:smileytongue:

reading is very important to me, because its a good way of learning, and it also helps you look at the world a different way.

Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
New User
nathyystfae
0 Kudos

Re: How often do you read? Is reading very important to you.

I read every day at least for one hour or so ... I dont have like a schedule or anything but i tried to read at night before sleep and sometimes when i have free time :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
_melissa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I read daily, i always have my nose in a book. Reading was a distraction for me at first then a habit and now a necessity. I would die if i did not have a book at my disposal.

"Everything had looked different-too sharp, too real. Even my own hands looked different."
-Atonement
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

ok so here goes...

i used to read(last year and the year before that...8 and 9 grade)every day, all day...id read on the bus, id read in like every mod when there was time and during lunch sometimes...then id come home and read from the time i got home till my bedtime which was ten, with a break for the usual stuff...i even had a booklight for when it got dark or something(and still have it)...now, since its volleyball season, the only sport i play, ive only read 3 books since school started, and that was a month ago, compared to a book a day...so after the seasons over i got a list of over a hundred book i want to read so...yeah

obviously reading is important...i like to read educational books...but like 95 percent of my books are romance..so yeah,

i started readin heavy duty in the 6/7 grade with lurlene mcdaniel...it got to the point when i didnt want to put a book down, just one more chapter/page, etc. so yeah...in seventh grade toward the summer like may and april when i didnt have homework i read books in an evening...

i know i sound like a geek..but thats how it is...

now im trying to get a little life in my life instead of just reading it away...

i read like 82 books this summer

so thats how my cookie crumblers...

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
_melissa
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina,

82 books, i am impressed. I take my hat off to you.  

"Everything had looked different-too sharp, too real. Even my own hands looked different."
-Atonement
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

wow ya thats impressive. i love to read, its important to me although i've never read that many books in one summer. i would like to though lol. In the summer i read a lot more, but during the school year its mostly on weekends cuz im always doing homework or at dance during the week, and then i just want to go to bed lol.  But i like reading just because its fun to me, and I definately believe it just generally makes you smarter.

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

wow, you all read a lot,:smileytongue:

dragons rock~
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

i read every day, I used to be able to finish a book in 2 days but not anymore, got in Honors classes too much homework

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

i know how you feel, to much homework takes a lot of free time:smileysad:

dragons rock~
Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

Reading has always been important to me, and I just recently started getting really into it again. Instead of spending my free time browsing the internet aimlessly, I spent most of it reading this week. I guess that the books were so good they just sucked me in.

team GALE, anyone?
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I LOVE to read!

:smileyhappy:

It's so important to me that I read!

But.....

Since I started high school (for some reason I LOVE being a freshman!) it's like I have no time left to read!

It makes me soooo sad!

I come home-tired-have to do my homework work, than I sleep.....I'm to tired to read!

And I hate it!

*Sigh*

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

I read everyday, with a few exceptions. Although with all the work I have now, I'm only reading small portions so it takes me forever to finish a book. My family and I went on vacation this weekend and my favorite part was the road trip because I got several hours where I could just read and not have to worry about anything else but the best part is I was actually able to finish a book! Yippeee!

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

since last weekend ive read almost 4 books thats more thn i read for 2 months!!!

but now that volleyball is over i can read a lot more so yeah...back to a book a day...

its .like and addiction, lol

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"