Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

How often do you read? Is reading very important to you.

Its been a month or two for the people who renumber me, but as for the question, I read mostly on weekends, and sometimes  at night.:smileytongue:

reading is very important to me, because its a good way of learning, and it also helps you look at the world a different way.

Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
New User
nathyystfae
0 Kudos

Re: How often do you read? Is reading very important to you.

I read every day at least for one hour or so ... I dont have like a schedule or anything but i tried to read at night before sleep and sometimes when i have free time :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
_melissa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I read daily, i always have my nose in a book. Reading was a distraction for me at first then a habit and now a necessity. I would die if i did not have a book at my disposal.

"Everything had looked different-too sharp, too real. Even my own hands looked different."
-Atonement
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

ok so here goes...

i used to read(last year and the year before that...8 and 9 grade)every day, all day...id read on the bus, id read in like every mod when there was time and during lunch sometimes...then id come home and read from the time i got home till my bedtime which was ten, with a break for the usual stuff...i even had a booklight for when it got dark or something(and still have it)...now, since its volleyball season, the only sport i play, ive only read 3 books since school started, and that was a month ago, compared to a book a day...so after the seasons over i got a list of over a hundred book i want to read so...yeah

obviously reading is important...i like to read educational books...but like 95 percent of my books are romance..so yeah,

i started readin heavy duty in the 6/7 grade with lurlene mcdaniel...it got to the point when i didnt want to put a book down, just one more chapter/page, etc. so yeah...in seventh grade toward the summer like may and april when i didnt have homework i read books in an evening...

i know i sound like a geek..but thats how it is...

now im trying to get a little life in my life instead of just reading it away...

i read like 82 books this summer

so thats how my cookie crumblers...

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
_melissa
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina,

82 books, i am impressed. I take my hat off to you.  

"Everything had looked different-too sharp, too real. Even my own hands looked different."
-Atonement
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

wow ya thats impressive. i love to read, its important to me although i've never read that many books in one summer. i would like to though lol. In the summer i read a lot more, but during the school year its mostly on weekends cuz im always doing homework or at dance during the week, and then i just want to go to bed lol.  But i like reading just because its fun to me, and I definately believe it just generally makes you smarter.

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

wow, you all read a lot,:smileytongue:

dragons rock~
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

i read every day, I used to be able to finish a book in 2 days but not anymore, got in Honors classes too much homework

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

i know how you feel, to much homework takes a lot of free time:smileysad:

dragons rock~
Inspired Correspondent
Facepalm
0 Kudos

Reading has always been important to me, and I just recently started getting really into it again. Instead of spending my free time browsing the internet aimlessly, I spent most of it reading this week. I guess that the books were so good they just sucked me in.

team GALE, anyone?
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I LOVE to read!

:smileyhappy:

It's so important to me that I read!

But.....

Since I started high school (for some reason I LOVE being a freshman!) it's like I have no time left to read!

It makes me soooo sad!

I come home-tired-have to do my homework work, than I sleep.....I'm to tired to read!

And I hate it!

*Sigh*

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

I read everyday, with a few exceptions. Although with all the work I have now, I'm only reading small portions so it takes me forever to finish a book. My family and I went on vacation this weekend and my favorite part was the road trip because I got several hours where I could just read and not have to worry about anything else but the best part is I was actually able to finish a book! Yippeee!

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

since last weekend ive read almost 4 books thats more thn i read for 2 months!!!

but now that volleyball is over i can read a lot more so yeah...back to a book a day...

its .like and addiction, lol

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"