Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
bdannie
0 Kudos

I am Number Four

Hey this is my first time actually using this.:smileyhappy:

I just finished I am number four. It was definitely different. I was wondering what other people thought of it and has anybody else heard about it being turned into a movie?

Contributor
bruhaha
0 Kudos

Re: I am Number Four

Didn't like it and yes I'm pretty sure it's becoming a movie.

Contributor
misssmartt
0 Kudos

I've never read the book, but the commercials about the movie seem good

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i havent read the books- i read the description and it looks really good.

i first found out that it was going to be a movie on feb.18-i wanna see it.

it looks good, plus alex pettyfer is in it.

call me shallow- but yeah:smileyhappy:

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Contributor
kybondgirl

Just finished the book and it was awesome!  The movie looks great too.  Can't wait until the next book comes out.  Definitely recommend.

Contributor
princessgraeter
0 Kudos

I have never heard of this book, or even the movie. I now want to read it.

:smileyvery-happy:
salander_9277
0 Kudos

I enjoyed the book.  The movie looks pretty good from the trailer I saw.

To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. ~W. Somerset Maugham

http://greatexpectationsbookreview.blogspot.com
New User
SEH221

This book was AMAZING! I just loved it and I could not get my head out of it. It is becoming a movie and will be coming out FEB. 18, 2011. This makes me nervous because books into movies are not as good as the books, like ever. Even Harry Potter and I love Harry Potter. So hopes that answers your question :smileyhappy:

"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows; Potter's Grave

New User
bdannie
0 Kudos

I thought the book was ok, not the best so I'm not to sure about the movie. I'll probably go see it though.

Frequent Contributor
Boleyn
0 Kudos

LOL! I'm with Cheyenne. I will go see it just because Alex Pettyfer is in it. Now as long as they cast him as Jace in TMI I will be very pleased!

"It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing."
Contributor
alie
0 Kudos

can anyone summerize the book for me? I have looked at it a couple of times at the store, but I am still confused as to what it is about. thanks!

Love ya
~Stacy~
Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

I love the book it was awesome! I can't wait to see the movie :smileyhappy:

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i know right?:smileyhappy:

Contributor
SkierGirl98
0 Kudos

um, i think it is about these 4 aliens and 3 of them are dead, and the last one is being hunted, but im just as confused as you, but i thinkd i amd going to buy it.

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
-Edgar Allan Poe
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i saw this when it came out last friday- it is really good. i highly recomend it!

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

It sounds really good!!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

I'm going to see it today i'm suuuper excited!!!

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I read the book The Maze Runner and I enjoyed it! It was very interesting and unique and I haven't read that many alien-type books so that was newer for me. =) The only real complaint I had about the book was that some parts seemed not as interesting and didn't always keep my attention but there were few. Another thing is that since it is boys POV sometimes I had a hard time reading it because I didn't like Sarah (I think that was her name) all that much I mean I thought she was nice and all but her character didn't seem very deep. I liked Sam though!!

I also watched the movie and thought they did a pretty good jobb making the movie. The first part of the movie followed about the same as the book with naturally some details missing. But then the second part of the movie was kind of a mixed up version of the book. Like some details I was very surprised when they happened in the movie.

Overall I thought both the book and movie were pretty good!! But read the book first!!

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

New User
dchand30
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

salander_9277

I really like your quote

Inspired Contributor
bamfan20

I thought the book was great! One of my top picks of the year for sure:smileyhappy: And the movie was good too but of course I will always side with a book. I cant wait for the next book!