Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
purple_monkey
0 Kudos

I like it when.........

I like it when there's a rainbow after a storm. I like it when my dad washes my car for me. I like it when my parents do nice things for me for no reason. I like it when I don't have a bad day.

Sorry notjustphysical, but after hating so much stuff I think it's time that we list the stuff that we like.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

Re: I like it when.........

[ Edited ]

I kinda like it when I am left alone xD I like it when I get a A on my test or Quiz. I like it when I finish a book or get a book =P I like it when I get random stuff for no reason. I like going to B&N and just being around lots of books. I like it when I go to my favorite restaurant. I like it when a new book I have been dieing to get comes out. I like it when everyone at school is being nice to me (that never happens xD). I like it when people let me help them with something. I like it when I get a huge icecream cone (I like icecream lol). I like it when everyone laughs at my jokes and not at me lol. I like it when my dad buys a big bottle of soda and we both sit on the coach watching a movie together. I like it when my mom tries to add least be nice for 5 seconds haha I like it when my friends call me when we get home from school. I like it when I find a new band that I know I'll like. I like it when my pets are being quiet, but really cute. Haha! Wow I never knew I like so much xD

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
kellybeans
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I like it when people hug me, and I like it when I get goodnight texts. I like the feel of a hardcover book that's never been opened before. I like it when my friends and I are together, and I like it when people make me laugh. I like the smell of rain on a summer day, and I like the feel of it on my skin. I like it when I don't want to put down a book because it's just so good. I like the warmth of his hand in mine, and the way he kisses my forehead. I like the possibilities of a blank canvas and fresh paint, and I like it when I hear a song on my iPod, and it triggers a memory. I like it when I'm channel surfing and spontaneously find a Harry Potter movie playing. I really like it when I'm playing tennis and I get that perfect serve. I also like the peacefulness of a bookstore, and the new books I find there. I like it when my kitty jumps on my lap and wants to cuddle, and most of all, I like it when I smile (which is often.) :smileyhappy:

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it. That's all."
-The Breakfast Club
Inspired Contributor
fairydust285
0 Kudos

I like it when I have a day off and I can do whatever I want. I like it when I come home to my dog wagging his tail, excited to see me. I like it when I get flowers delivered to me. I like it when I can go out to dinner and a movie with my boyfriend. I like it when I have some extra money that I can use to go to the bookstore and splurge on books. I like it when I get inspiration for writing. I like it when I'm in the woods alone and I come upon some wildlife.

purple_monkey
0 Kudos

I like it when my friends and I can all go see a movie together. I like it when I'm channel surfing and I can find my favorite movie on tv. I like it when I can sleep in on a weekday. I like it when everyone around me is in a good mood. I like it when I can go outside and relax with a good book. I like it when I have a successful shopping day at the mall. I like it when I can dance to a really good song on the radio or on my ipod. I like taking pictures with my camera and then looking at the results. I like getting ice cream cones with my mom.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Frequent Contributor
zera17
0 Kudos

I like it when it rains on a hot sunny day.  I like it when no one interupts me while i'm reading.  I like it when people are laughing. 

Photobucket
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i like it when i get that book that ive been dying for, or when i finish a book. i like when i do good on something that i expected to fail on. i like when i ask just the right question and it all clicks for me. i like when i can be by myself. i like when i have a clean slate, and can just hangout. i like when i can have an actual in depth conversation with someone. i like when i make a new friend. i nilke learning. i like when it rains, i like sunny beautiful breezy days. i like hanging out with my family.

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"