Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
rapscallion
0 Kudos

I need somthing new to read!

I will read just about anything but lately i've been all over the "young adult fiction". I just finished the ender wiggins series, i loved hunger games, and the maze runner, and harry potter. I read alot and putting everything here would be unrealist, BUT, i like fiction, and a little fantasy, sometimes science fiction, the less romance the better! Just something that jumps out as extra great is what i am dieing for. Anyone got anything?
Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

Re: I need somthing new to read!

These are great books!!

Across the Universe (Across the Universe Series #1) 

The Night Circus 

Incarceron (Incarceron Series #1)    

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Contributor
rapscallion
0 Kudos

Lol thanks but i have read all of those, they were friggin great!
Distinguished Correspondent
Whisperlynn
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

If you haven't yet, you might try Shatter Me.  It's got a unique writing style and it's an interesting start to a trilogy.  Really fantastic if you don't care for a lot of romance and enjoy a small infusion of sci-fi now and then are The Monstrumologist and The Last Apprentice series.  Finally, Princess Of The Midnight Ball - This one might be long shot, it's a re-telling on The 12 Dancing Princesses so there's a love story, but it's a beautiful little fantasy I really enjoy every time I read it.

New User
Samd724
0 Kudos

Try Divergent by Veronica Roth, Partials by Dan wells, BZRK by Michael Grant, or Legend by Marie Lu.

Correspondent
Yatta99
0 Kudos

How about some Paul Zindel? Try 'The Pig Man' or 'The Undertaker's Gone Bananas'.

Distinguished Wordsmith
SaraMariaa
0 Kudos

How about these?

The Host 

The Forest of Hands and Teeth (Forest of Hands and Teeth Series #1) 

Strange Angels (Strange Angels Series #1)    

“The books that help you the most are those which make you think the most.”
Contributor
rapscallion
0 Kudos

I have read most of these but there were a fewthat look good! Thanks soooo much!
Contributor
Maryheart24
0 Kudos

Divergant was amazing :smileyvery-happy:

I loved that book and i still can't wait till May when Insurgant comes out...

- "Laugh your heart out, Dance in the rain, Cherish the moment, Ignore the pain, Live, Laugh, Love, Forgive and Forget, Life's to short to be living with regrets." - by: Anonymous
New User
LZT94
0 Kudos

New User
lexirortiz
0 Kudos

Someone Like You

-Sarah Dessen

I took me 4 days to read it you never know what will happen next

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

I would suggest Ultimate Sacrifice by Talia Jaeger.  This is the review I gave the book.  Think about it, it is definately something to read and what is more important; it makes you think.

Kassia is a mind blower (she has the power to cause severe pain and even cause death...only by using her mind). WOW! What would you do with powers like that? She doesn't know how to control her powers or her anger....so that is a bad combination to have.

Kassia attends the Glendale Institute. It is a school of gifted individuals who learns about their powers and how to use them. Kassia's friends all have different powers, and they learn to work together as a team. Miya is Kassia's best friend, they have been together for 6 years. They are together all the time, so they have built a strong friendship.

Her friends, Mira, Daxton, Noe, Auralee, and Zane all have unique powers and little do they know; they are going to need those powers to get rid of the demons that are after Kassia.

When Mira is attacked.....the friendship is pushed to the limit. Kassia is infuriated and wants to get back at the people who did this to her best friend.

Why are the demons after Kassia? What do they want with her? Will she and her friends be able to stop them before they anilate the world?

When Kassia learns what she must to in order to stop the demons, it is something that is not taken lightly. Will she be willing to give the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect the ones she loves and even the world?

Dive into this book.....you will no be disappointed.

This story contains so much emotion that I could not put the book down. The author held me captive throughout the book, and I wound up finishing it in one day.

I can't wait to read the next book. I can definately say that I will read this book more than one time.

Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own.  ~William Hazlitt

New User
SeattleBound
0 Kudos

Re: I need something new to read!

Touched  I just finished Touched by AJ Aalto. It's a dark urban fantasy with some vampire romance thrown in, but it has a lot of very funny sarcasitic humor that had me laughing out loud. Good page turner and pretty fast read. Can't wait for her next one!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

Re: I need something new to read!

I Just finished reading a truly AMAZING book by Talia Jager.  It is called Lost and Found.

It is about Korrine (a young adult) who starts life out as a drug addicted person.  Her mom is a drug addict herself and is taken away by the police leaving Korrine to endure the foster care system.  This heart felt story is about her courage and determination to make something with the cards she has been dealt with.  I was truly held captive from the beginning of the book to the end.  I went through so many emotions....you definitely need to have the tissues close by.  I have never met such a strong willed individual as Korrine, and found myself rooting for her throughout the book.  The characters are and the story are well written.  You could definitely relate to everything she went through; weather it was going to school, dealing with someone who has an addiction to something or the situation that arises later in the book.

You truly need to read this book.....you will not be able to put it down; just like me.  I give it 5 STARS *****.

Lost and Found

Frequent Contributor
JRC3
0 Kudos

You should read The unbecoming of Mara Dyer because there's this impossibly sexy bad boy in it, named Noah.

And you should read Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, because the main character was sarcastically amazing.

Then there's the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, which is a really good prequel to an awesome world, but I happen to like the prequel better than the main series: The Mortal Instruments.

If you want to read something more serious, try The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series, staring with The Alchemist. Its about mythology...all of them in one, which makes it pretty cool.