Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
socalifgirl
0 Kudos

I want an invitation to the nightmare ball! I looooooove Haunted Lily!"

Hi everyone, I am a huge fan of Stephanie Meyer and the awesome “Twilight” series! And I so cannot wait for the movie!!! The guy that plays Edward is sooo cute! I wanted to let everyone know about a new book I have read, which is all the rage in my high school here in Orange County California. It is so popular everyone is reading it! 

The book is called “Haunted Lily – The Nightmare Ball” by Sidney Fox and it rocks! This is such an awesome book. It is absolutely one of the best books I have read, since I read “Twilight”, for the first time. I was given the book by my best friend, who wouldn’t shut up about how awesome it was…and she is totally obsessed with Twilight too!! But boy, am I glad she did! I actually wanted to keep the lights on for this one. Haunted Lily is such an amazing story with a creepy plot, and memorable characters, especially the ghosties. Once I started reading it, I literally could not put it down. It was that sooo good!  

The story is about a girl named Lily, who has the gift/curse of being able to see through the shadowy veil which separates life and death. I don’t want to say too much, I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t read it yet, but there is a love story between Lily and Darby that is soooo wonderful. And the most incredible raging Halloween party. I loved the combination of horror, romance, love, and the supernatural. Just like Twilight, it keeps you on edge right to the very end!! And wait until you see the cover of the book…sooo cool! I love it love it love it! I was just curious if anyone else had read this book yet. If so, I so badly want to chat with someone!!

Socalifgirl

Contributor
SKELLINGTON
0 Kudos

Re: I want an invitation to the nightmare ball! I looooooove Haunted Lily!"

Hi Socalifgirl-I have read Haunted Lily! I bought it because I thought the cover was so striking…and the book turned out to be a simply great Book! I really loved it so much! Lily Dufrene is one of my new heroines! ….it is a wonderful frightening paranormal tale! The story is so vivid and atmospheric it grips the grips you from the start. Several times I found myself actually seeing scenes play out in my mind, I felt like I was in the middle of the action, which to me - separates the good books, from the really excellent ones! I felt drained when it ended as I had become so involved with the characters, they were like my friends. I actually missed them when it was over. And the end is so overwhelming I actually cried! I highly recommend “Haunted Lily – The Nightmare Ball” and it has earned its place on my list of favorites, right up there with the Twilight series!
Contributor
SKELLINGTON
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I also can't wait for the Twilight movie!

Message Edited by SKELLINGTON on 08-27-2008 05:13 PM
Frequent Contributor
twilightandgemmafan
0 Kudos

Sounds good, I'll have to check it out.
"We're like pretty horses, and just as on horses, they mean to put blinders on us so we can't look left or right but only straight ahead where they would lead.
Please, please, please, Gemma, let's not die inside before we have to."
-The Sweet Far Thing
New User
Cheshire-Cat
0 Kudos

Hi Guys -

I had "Haunted Lily" on my to be read list...and I moved it up to #1 after reading the reviews on Barnes & Noble.com. That cover is very cool...gothic. I will let you know what I think of it when I get it and read it.

Meeeooowww!!!

Cheshire Cat

Frequent Contributor
Indigo-Dragonfly
0 Kudos

Hello Socalifgirl...

I have also read "Haunted Lily" after my friends said how great it was. I love Twilight and didn't think I would ever like anything else, but this was such a cool book!

I have been telling everyone I know about it and they all want to borrow my book. I tell them to buy their own...I'm keeping this one forever! I love the cover, really creepy and beautiful! And I was so happy to see that it is going to be a series like Twilight... I didn't want it to end.

Contributor
TheEvilQueen
0 Kudos

I am also a fan of the Twilight series and am rather excited to see what they do with the movie. I am looking forward to Midnight Sun as well!

I have also read "Haunted Lily" which was really fantastic, as much as I love Vampire stories, I love the ghost/paranormal world as much. It was a really interesting story, fast-paced and it had amazing and more importantly "believeable" ghost intestigations. It was a scary one! It is well worth your time to read! The story has alot of the elemnets which I love about Stephanies writing...the romance aspect was so enderaing...and the ending was truly overwhelming...I didn't want the story to end...I need to know what happens in the next book!

All hail....The Evil Queen!

"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever."
â Walt Disney
New User
Cheshire-Cat
0 Kudos

I am so excited, I finally got my copy of “Haunted Lily”. This is one of the best books I've read in a very long time. I can't remember the last book I read that I was literally unable to put down. I received this book in the mail yesterday after reading the Barnes & Noble.com reviews, and I devoured more than half of it in just a few of hours. I could've finished the whole book last night if I didn't have to finally sleep - and the story is so engrossing, it's the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning.

Haunted Lily is wonderful, emotional and a pleasure to read. I didn't think I'd ever find another author that I enjoy reading this much as Stephanie. I read it in one sitting basically, and completely devoured it. The story takes you into the life of documentary film maker Darby, a handsome Englishman who looses his fiancé on their wedding day. He is really messed up by this (obviously) and just at the time when he was getting over her, a frightening ghostly bride appears in the old church (his home) he renovated. He is absolutly freaked out, when by chance, he sees this girl, surrounded by spirit orbs…he is blown away! She is mystical and beautiful…he knows she is the only one that can help him. So he talks her into being the subject of his documentary. “The nightmare ball” is actually this awesome Halloween party at Lily’s amazing mansion where Darby and Lily first meet. At first he is leery about her so called “power” until he sees for himself how real her powers are.

They go to different haunted locations…and deal with all these different ghosts. That is where the story just goes into a totally amazing direction, and sucks you right in with it. You feel like you’re there with them. There is a female ghost who haunts a huge rollercoaster at an amusement park, she was my favorite ghost/ghost story out of all of them. All during this thrill ride through the supernatural world, Darby and Lily are falling in love. The reader will be overcome with emotion when the missing pieces of Lily’s life unfold. I found this story intensely romantic and a tribute to the power of true love, of a love lost and found. You absolutely can't help but fall in love with this story.

Do yourself a favor and pick this book up and read it. It will not disappoint you. This is a story filled with love and knowledge that sheds light on the things in life that really matter. It has absolutely changed how I think of ghosts. It's a powerful story you have to read!

Cheshire-Cat Meeeoooowww!

Reader
Musetta
0 Kudos

SOUNDS AWESOME! Cant wait to read it!