Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
wintergirl
0 Kudos

Is anyone else...

I was wondering if anyone else besides me was like struggling with maintaining a healthy weight. Well basically I don't eat a lot because gaining weight freaks me out anyone else?

Correspondent
Tenrbe
0 Kudos

Re: Is anyone else...

Same here. I think everyone has this problem, unless they're one of those rare people who can eat anything and not gain weight (not fair lol). My weight's constantly fluctuating, but I never let myself get past a certain weight. I try not to eat a lot either, unless there's something to celebrate or I'm just having one of those days that I need comfort food. I think all we can do is just try to be comfortable in our own skin, eat healthy and exercise regularly. =]

Contributor
wintergirl
0 Kudos

thanks :smileyhappy: i just kind of got this big scare cuz my mom took me out of school and didnt warn me beforehand to take me to a nutritionist because she was that worried and lik I'm so scared of what their opinion of what my weight should be is. Because it's my body idk scary.:smileysad:

Correspondent
Tenrbe
0 Kudos

Yeah, I can see why that would scare you. What was your mom worried about?

Frequent Contributor
memento_mori1
0 Kudos

Yea, At school i have these two friends that stay stick skinny no matter what they eat but I try not to eat alot and exercise when i can

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

I think that avioding food is probably not the best thing for your body.

Just an observation.

My advice would just be to eat more healthy foods as opposed to lots of junk food (:smileysad: ahh junk food, the vain of my existance...) and just try to get exercise. not eating will just open up a lot more problems.. not a good thing at all. I have several close friends who refuse to eat meals regularly because they are concerned about their weight. i guess i dont normally have this problem because i love food... haha :smileyvery-happy: but i guess im also one of those people who can eat a LOT but hardly gain anything. :/ 

Ok, now i sound like a ranting dietrician/health freak or a doctor. but i guess it is the truth. eat the right food, and exericise, and you shouldnt have to worry about weight.

"We could do pizza."
Contributor
wintergirl
0 Kudos

i think shes like afraid ill end up in the hospital

Inspired Contributor
lexi-bear
0 Kudos

Well, skipping meals isn't healthy. And doing so actually causes you to gain more weight. This is because your body doesn't have that nutrition, so it grabs all the nutrition and fats it can from the foods you do eat, and stores it for when you need it...in otherwords, turns it into fat. The more healthier foods you eat, the better your metabolism gets, which means you can eat more of what you want, gaining less weight. I've had this explained to me multiple times. So don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about! I've even had a doctor explain it to me. Not eating meals will also get you hospitalized very quickly. So I do see your mothers concern, and your fear of gaining weight. I'm 15, very self-conscious about my body, and have a love/hate relationship with foods. I'm vegetarian, and my mom is worrying about me not getting all my proteins, and worries about me being hospitalized. I see her concern meaning I probably (okay, there's no "probably" here.) don't get the right amount of protein for my body. But I don't skip meals, and I eat healthy with some junk foods every now and then, and seem to maintain a weight that my doctor feels is just right for my height. I will admit, I rarely exercise my physical body, but I do exercise my brain everyday with a book, or at least a few chapters.

I feel like I'm just ranting now. Haha. :] Sorry for my ranting. I've had too many people give me their opinions on this subject, and it usually gets intertwined with my original opinion of it. xD

~Lexi-Bear
Contributor
wintergirl
0 Kudos

thanks lol im doing a lot better now lol I even ate pizza yesterday and glad to know im not the only lazy 1 on here!