Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

Is reading something you do all the time or is it something that is just for fun.

Reading rocks, I just wish I realized that a year ago.:smileytongue:
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

Re: Is reading something you do all the time or is it something that is just for fun.

I do it for both. I get in trouble for reading too much.
Inspired Contributor
liv4Him
0 Kudos

Re: Is reading something you do all the time or is it something that is just for fun.

Both.  I read hours a day (if I don't have something else going on).  But I also have to read the newest books for my website, teenbookreviews.org, because I review the newest books and post them on there.  So I read for fun and for the site.  I don't like some of the books I have to read, though, so I don't count those as fun.
Check out my blog at http://www.rinielsmusings.wordpress.com.
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

Wow, I feel bad for you:smileysad:. My parents get mad if I don't read enough but i love reading so thats okay.:smileyvery-happy:
Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Inspired Contributor
sandySG
0 Kudos

when i was a little kid i never read but now i read tons of books all for fun!!!
Inspired Wordsmith
laylapoma
0 Kudos

i've been reading since preschool.

the first series i read in kindergarden was goosebumps.

i think it explain why im so demented

i tripped up the stairs once.
its not as fun as people say.
Contributor
World_Traveler13
0 Kudos

I've always read for fun. At first it started off with simple books - I was a huge fan of the Boxcar series - but around fifth grade, I started with books like Gone with the Wind and Great Expectations. Now I read whatever catches my interest.

The best way to describe it is I feel naked without a book. Some peope feel that way about their cell phones or something like that. I have to have a book with me. It's a security blanket as much as a trusted friend.

Contributor
babeegyrljen
0 Kudos

its totally both ways for me :]. reading is awesome. i read whenever i get a chance. i mean it even helps you cause you learn to read faster, which helps for test taking and such..waht better hobby right?
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

totally both!

it is just for fun, but i do it a lot!!

i'm talking ALL THE TIME!

me and my friends talk about books like 50 percent of the time!!!

You are made of sugar milk and molasses....

any one know what i'm talking about?? RANDOM SONG IN HEAD

step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Distinguished Correspondent
Luna93
0 Kudos

i read all the time for fun. lol! :smileytongue: i try to read as much as i can and get my hands on as many books as i can. i always am locking myself in my room and just reading. my parents r startin to get worried that im not getting out enough. haha! is that ever a bad thing? man some parents r so hypocritical. hehe! :smileytongue: :smileyhappy:
All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Scribe
redheart52
0 Kudos

I want to read all the time. If i had more time i would be reading all the time. I love reading its so awesome. I read for fun and because i like to see different ways authors write. My parents don't like when i read a book the entire day. Like when i get a new book thats awesome i rarely ever talk to people and i lock myself in my room until im done.  
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

i am totally the same way! i get a new book and that's what my life revolves around for the next oh... four days!!! but it's a shame your parents react like that. mine arent the reading type, but they think it's good i read because apparently it will make me smart,,,the only thing i think it's done is give me an addiction to books and writing, and an obsession with mythical creatures!! LOL
step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.