Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz
0 Kudos

JACE HAS BEEN CAST

HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com/

I want alex pettyfer!! He is much closer to what I imagined Jace to look like. I dont like this at all. He looks nothin like him. So angry :smileymad:

Do you guys like him???

"Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked."
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
New User
Potterlove44
0 Kudos

Re: JACE HAS BEEN CAST

I think the movie will be okay with the actor that was chosen, but I wish Alex pettyfer would've played Jace instead. I think Alex was closer to what I imagined Jace to look like. I guess I hate it too :smileysad:

Distinguished Correspondent
bobbles918
0 Kudos

I agree I am not happy about it and was also hoping Alex Pettyfer would play Jace.  I don't want to go in hating it  but I think this was a huge casting mistake-I'm hoping to be proven wrong though

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor
AliceApple
0 Kudos

I wanted Alex Pettyfer to play Jace too. But they did offer him the role, he just turned it down. 

Hopefully they will pick the other actors that fit with the other characters in the series

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

I am ok with it. he wasnt my first choice but I think he will do good and he will look more like Jace once they bulk him up and change his hair and eye color. did you know that Jamie Bower was somewhere at the top of Cassandra Clare's list for who she wanted to play Jace. she is very happy with the casting. she saw the auditions he did and thinks he is perfect for him. and there is no actor out ther that everyone would approve of for Jace. I liked Alex in the beginning but I think he now looks too old.

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

alex pettyfer is EXACTLY who i picture when i think of jace!

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

I wanted Alex Pettyfer also, but he was such a jerk about the whole thing from what I heard. So I think Jamie could actually work as well if not better than Alex! At least he won't have the attitude problem. I can actually picture him as Jace with a couple of changes- not bad casting compared to some other painful castings errors out there in other movies....

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

so i wasnt alone in my desire for ALEX PETTYFER to play jace- sigh. he woulda been perfect.

but idk, if the guy shaves that thing off his face and does something with his hair, i may not cry when i imagine this movie to be:smileyhappy:

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
bobbles918

No you are most def. not alone!  I just don't find Jamie attractive at all & Alex well he is just as sexy as they come & that to me is one big thing about Jace.  I can see Alex playing Jace & when I picture Jamie I just don't see it.  But like what someone else said Alex was offered the role but turned it down.  I have to say I am shocked by the casting of Jace but want to see how Jamie does before I truely say I don't like him as Jace.  Hell  I was so excited when Robert Pattinson was cast as Edward & now I can't stand the guy or the series really and I don't want the same thing to happen with TMI cause it is one of my favorite series.

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Umm well I don't particularly like this Jamie guy... but I hope they can make it work!! I hate being dissapointed!!

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

agreed, zoey

Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz

bobbles918 wrote:

No you are most def. not alone!  I just don't find Jamie attractive at all & Alex well he is just as sexy as they come & that to me is one big thing about Jace.  I can see Alex playing Jace & when I picture Jamie I just don't see it.  But like what someone else said Alex was offered the role but turned it down.  I have to say I am shocked by the casting of Jace but want to see how Jamie does before I truely say I don't like him as Jace.  Hell  I was so excited when Robert Pattinson was cast as Edward & now I can't stand the guy or the series really and I don't want the same thing to happen with TMI cause it is one of my favorite series.

I agree! I felt the same way about Pattinson. I really dont want this to become the next twilight. Its my FAVORITE series. It makes me sad :smileysad:

"Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz
0 Kudos

ThirstyFlea wrote:

I wanted Alex Pettyfer also, but he was such a jerk about the whole thing from what I heard. So I think Jamie could actually work as well if not better than Alex! At least he won't have the attitude problem. I can actually picture him as Jace with a couple of changes- not bad casting compared to some other painful castings errors out there in other movies....

I know he is a jerk but I still want him to play Jace. Its better than someone who looks far from what Jace is suppose to look like. I can't picture it. I don't want this movie to happen PERIOD. I wanted to cry the first time I heard its gonna be made into a movie. Now im worried about the rest of the casting

New User
Upsa-Daisy
0 Kudos

I can't wait until this movie comes out!!

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i suppose, i agree it could have been much worse

New User
LalaLadySM
0 Kudos

Your right Alex Pettyfer would have bee better. But I guess Jamie Cambell-Bower will do.

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I kind of hate Jace with a fiery passion that could battle the sun -- and win. At this point I'm just scared they're going to cast some really ugly dweeb as Simon. Now, that would crush me. This Jamie guy seems decent enough, but because he's playing Jace I so do not like him.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Contributor
sadie_2151
0 Kudos

I would've loved for Alex to be Jace but I'm kinda glad he's not because he's already going to be in the i am number 4 movies so I think it might be better to have some different actors out there

New User
Cassandra_rae
0 Kudos

I DON'T LIKE IT!!!!! LOL HE DOESN'T FIT THE PART!!!! :smileymad:

Contributor
LisaPhillips
0 Kudos

Movie adaptations of books are just never going to be what everyone wants or envisioned. Yea alex is probably sexier but after watching some of that camelot show, i think jamie could have the charisma to pull it off. I dont see what makes people say he doesnt fit the role at all but maybe i just pictured jace more like this guy than other people did =\