Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Jenni42
0 Kudos

John Green

One of my favorite authors is John Green. Anyone read one of his books?

Here are some:

Looking For Alaska

An Abundance of Katherines

Paper Towns

He co-wrote:

Will Grayson, Will Grayson (David Levithan)

Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances (Lauren Myracle, Maureen Johnson)

New User
PoignantMind
0 Kudos

Re: John Green

I read Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns and An Abundance of Katherines. They were all great reads that were incredibly captivating. The characters were excellent and were very deep. Also, Green includes a lot of facts that I found interesting. I have Will Grayson, Will Grayson but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

I recommend his books 200%.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

I just got Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska and Will Grayson, Will Grayson are both on my wishlist.  I heard An Abundance of Katherines was just okay, so I'm not as interested in that one.

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Correspondent
bobbles918
0 Kudos

I've had Looking For Alaska in my TBR list for so long.  I've only read good thinkgs about his books- I want to read Paper Towns & I think the concept of Will Grayson, Will Grayson is intriguing

"A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"-Mark Twain
Inspired Correspondent
Reader2011AB
0 Kudos

Looking for Alaska was a very good book. I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was.

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN
0 Kudos

I've read all three of them and loved everyone. I didn't expect them bee so good. Looking For Alaska is usually a book I recommend to others if they want something really good to read. I want to read Will Grayson, WIll Grayson, but have yet to get the book. 

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

I've read of his books and have to say, John Green is probably one of the best YA authors in a long time. Libba Bray is exceptionally great as well. Going Bovine is hilarious.

"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Contributor
Emma_Michaels
0 Kudos

Have you seen his youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/user/vlogbrothers?blend=1&ob=5

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
Book Blogger at: http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

I've read Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska. I read like a third of An Abundance of Katherine but the math involved in that story makes it unbearable and boring. I've read Will Grayson, Will Grayson and I remember it being funny at some parts but I didn't like it as much as the others. Maybe it was because of the other writer. Idk.