Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
Outlaws-Girl

Just a Story-You may add on if you would like

I have never been on a date my entire life.  I have never had a boyfriend.  And while I have had a crush or two, they somehow, always get the prettier, skinnier girl.  My friends invite me to parties, but I really don't like to socialize that much and I am not even going to get into my crazy strict parents.  So, I sit at home and study. 

Like now, I am reading about the history of surfing, as my friends are out having the time of their lives.  Meeting guys, drinking out a red cup, gossiping.  I thought all of this would go away, now that it is the summer but people just seem to party more.  Summer was supposed to be my time to get away from all those people.  So I sit on my bed and do nothing.  But that is all going to change in a week from now.  I am going to Florida, where my rich sister and brother-in-law have a beach house.  This is my chance to change.

If you would like to add on-feel free to!

I kinda want this to be a love story :smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
djaq

Re: Just a Story-You may add on if you would like

I let out a soft sigh that no one who cared would ever hear. Pulling myself off the bed spread, which was covered with text books and cheesy romance novels, I reached over to the dresser and grabbed a hair tie. My soft brown curls fell across my face, and silently I tied them back.

My suitcase was laid before my feet, outstreached, and empty.

Anni had called just last night, asking me about my flight, and all the offical things that my big sister was suppose to ask before I flew down to see her. She also asked about how our parents were, and about my [only real] friend Melenie, and whether or not I had started packing. I lied and promptly responed "of course!"

Cautiously stepping over the stacks of magazines and text books that were scattered hap hazardly across my bedroom floor, I picked up a few tshirts and shorts from my closet that I would need for the trip.

I was staying the entire summer, but Anni had requested that I only packed enough for the first couple days.

"Why?" I had asked. "Do you want me to wear the same things all summer?"

She let out a small tinkling of laughter.

"No silly," she cooed. "I'll give you a makeover! Haha. I'll take you to some reeeaalllyyy cute shops around town, and we can pick up a few things!"

I instantly objected. But did not tell Anni so. I would go along with it for the conversation but pack enough for the summer.

Then she got Mom involved.

Mom liked people to think she was "hip" and "in style." And Anni went right along with it.

So naturally, Mom thought this "Sister Shopping Spree" was adorable. She prommised Anni that she would make sure I didnt go to Florida with an excuse not to redecorate my wardrobe.

Thanks, Ma.

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
random97

(ok so i really want to add on... but im going to see HBP(!) in a few minutes. ill be back tomorrow:smileyvery-happy:)
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL

ok have a good time ps, just to let u know be prepared it wil have some important scenes missing from the book however it is still a great movie, be prepared  to laugh constantly, it  has some halarious bits in it, deffo worth watching tc c u tmrw :smileyhappy:
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I woke up early the next morning.

My parents wanted me on an early filght to Florda and that plane left at 6:30 a.m.

Great.

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

I grabbed a snack bar from the kitchen, and rolled the suitcase out to my dad's van. My mother gave me a hug, and kissed my cheek. I did my best not to brush her away, or wipe the lipstick from her kiss off my cheek.

"Thanks ma'," I grumbled, sliding into the passenger seat. Dad came around the car, swinging my other bag into the trunk. My Dad sat down in the drivers seat, and turned on the engine. A small tear drifted down my mom's face.

"She'll be fine Ellinor," my father gruffed. "Anni is their with Chris, nothing bad will happen to her."

((sorry it is so short! :smileyvery-happy:))

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

Mom always did get over cautious- with everything. She'll probably be calling at least everyday. Ugh.

It was a generally quiet ride to the airport. When we got there my parents didn't want to go through security and luggage check with me, so the usual teary good byes-though all the tears were coming from Mom- came early.

There was a long line for luggage check, so after I got all the way through it was time to board the plane. I hate flying. When I was six years old my family decided to go to Ohio to visit my only living grandmother. Something went wrong with the plane and we started plunging to the ground. Luckily the pilot was able to recover it. Ever since I have hated flying and my mom became way overprotective.

(BlueIce yaa the movie was good, I think I laughed through most of it, including when the whole audience jumped, my sis, the two people behind us, and I laughed had because we jumped so hard. I haven't read the books which makes me sad and partly guilty. But I'm going to...)

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

After checking in, and going through security, I boarded the plane. It was already full with people, mostly none of them were awake. I moved past towards row 16B, seat 3, praying I would have to sit next to anyone obnoxious.

The entire row was empty! Yes... I stuffed my carry on above my seat, and claimed the spot away from the window. For whatever reason, I'd never been able to look out the window of a plane, probably because of the accident. But if I had to sit next to some little kid, why take aaway their fun I suppose.

More people filled into the plane cabin, and I took out my book, proping it up on my knees. I fell deep into the books spellbinding pages, not wanting to leave, when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I looked up reproachfully.

A short girl, probably early 20s, with a blonde pixie cut hair style that was pulled into short pig tails at the nape of her neck. Behind her, was a thick, tall guy, with a cheap spray on tan, and wavy yellow hair.

"Hey," drawled the girl. "Um can I.. get it?" It took me a moment to relize what she was asking.

"Oh erm right," I answered. Standing up to let the girl and the guy into their seats. Without another word, I sat back down, and opened up my book.

" 'Principals of Neurology' " the guy asked. "Are you kdding? I don't think anything could be more boring!" His girl turned to look.

"Ohmigawd! That looks soooo dull! Are you reading it for school?"

"No," I responded, which was the truth. I wasn't going to college for 2 more years. And my high school wasnt that exciting... The girl looked stunned.

"You're readiing that," she gaped. "For FUN?"

"Isn't all reading made for pleasure?" I asked.

Message Edited by djaq on 07-18-2009 02:28 PM

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

THey gave me the kind of smile that said oh kay um WEIRD im going to avoid talking to YOU if i can- and walked past me to their seats. As they did I smirked at them, partly for wierding them out, partly because of my hatred of flying and the fact that i had that little snack on the way. did i mention i occasionally got motion sickness? I knew that, but they didnt.

The flight only look a couple hours, and i read my 'nerd' book along the way. Unfortunately i didnt get sick. why is it that karma only works AGAINST me? how is that fair? o well.

When i came off board it too me a while to find my sister. When i did, there she was, already with my luggage. Convenient, but a little annoying. She was always like that, and we still love her. I guess Anni wouldnt be Anni if she wasnt.

Message Edited by random97 on 07-19-2009 05:36 PM
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

It had been a year and a half since I last saw Anni, and though she could be really irritaing sometimes, I had to say I had seriously missed her.

Her long brown hair was the only thing that made her look like me. She was slim, athletic, attractive, tan, tall.... I could make a list....

Today, she was dressed in white bermuda shorts that showed off her long legs, and a plain green top. She had on cute loafers, and a great big smile. Anni practically flew to me, knocking me over woth a massive "Anni Bear Hug."

"AHHH!! I Haven't seen you in FOREVER!!!!" she shrieked. "How are you??!!!!" I opened my mouth to speak than she cut me off again. "Never mind! Comon! We have your stuff, lets get outta here! Chirs is waiting up front with the car, he is so excited to see you!"

Anni talked the entire way out of the airport, rambling about this and that... Chris was parked right up front, in his tshirt and ripped shorts, and incredible tan and toned body. It was no surprise this is what Anni married. Chris shot me a dazzling smile.

"Hey, long time no see." He winked, and I felt my face fluster. "How have you been sister in law???" I guess he thought he was being funny?

I nodded. "I'm fine." Anni smiled.

"Well lets get going!" She chripped, and the three of us hustled into the car.

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

aww i totally forgot about this add on..................... we should try to start it up again!! :smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."