Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
b-practical

Just thought I'd share a part of me...

Wakeful-sleep

I am living a nightmare.

The only time I am ever awake,

Is when I am asleep.

Opening doors to other worlds.

Being both predator and prey,

Where I am also heroine and villain.

The willing victim.

A pawn in a game,

I don't much care to play, let alone win.

Accepting and rebelling.

Against a fate,

Both feared and unwanted.

Resisting the urge

To go on living the nightmare.

But continuing to unwillingly do so out of routine.

Hoping to stay awake in my sleep

Long enough to create new worlds

To venture through during my next wakeful-sleep.

*You don't have to like it. It's just something I felt like showing. I know sometimes I seem cruel and have a grim way of thinking, but this is just...me. So thanks for letting me share this.

So sad, so strange, the days that are no more.
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Re: Just thought I'd share a part of me...

B, I really like this! :smileyhappy: 
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Arielle! :smileyvery-happy:
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

You're welcome. Do you have more?!
Frequent Contributor
AlwaysSearching
0 Kudos

I like it. Bored with our world are you?

~I am always searching. Searching for fun, something to read, for friends, for more chances to see the world. For my love.~
Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

Some other little poems, a simple love letter, a couple short stories, and a bunch of things that were just my jumbled thoughts...If you want, I can put some up...Do you also write?
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Thats awesome, I would love to read more. You dont have to put them up if you dont want to. You can also just message me, instead of posting them. I write alittle. Mostly short stories and such, nothing deep like that. haha.. 
Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

Hey, thanks Drew! And no, I’m not necessarily bored with our world, just a little depressed by it I guess.

Have you ever posted any of your stories Arielle? I'd like to read them, if you wouldn't mind!?

um, I posted Love Letter in the writing room, if you want to check that one out. It's really embarrassing, but if I could bring myself to post that, then I think I can manage some of my other pieces! lol!

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

OoO. I will have to check that out :smileyhappy:

I bet its great.

No I havent really posted anything. Ever. I dont really let people read what I write. haha. Only my sister, because I can take her criticism.  

Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

lol! I can relate! But hey, I figure there should be someone in this world who know's I'm not as completely heartless as I let on to be. What better people to let in than the one's who don't have to deal with me in person, right!? haha!

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

HAHA. I totally understand what you mean. I always think of what some of these people would think about me if they actually KNEW me. Itd be interesting.. 
Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

lol! Jeez, you're making it sound as though you're completely different in your real life than the you we've come to know on here! haha, that's what's so great about meeting new people, you can get them to perceive you as the person you really want to be seen as.

hmm, I wonder if I should keep posting my writings on this thread instead of starting a completely new one..?

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Haha. No I dont think I am different in real life than on here. In real life though I swear a lot, lol. Thats probably the only major difference. but I think everyone visualizes you as something when they are on here and then it is either like what you are or nothing like what you are!

But you could make a new thread or just post on here. doesnt matter! 

Inspired Contributor
winterrain
0 Kudos

You should post them on a this same thread. That way you don't have to explain why your posting it, and such.
" Laugh, Cry it's all good."
Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

heh, I swear quite a bit myself, though mostly in other languages and with a smile on my face, just to keep people wondering! lol! It's funny 'cause my family finally caught on that I wasn't saying anything pleasant because of the smile on my face when I say it! They think I'm too "dark," that's the term they use for me, and my smile and laugh is evil. I wonder what people here are visualizing me to be? hmm...
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Haha. Thats ok.. I am curious to know these other languages, I want to use them! LOL. 

I want to know also what others think of me on here, but it is kind of nice not to be judged by looks or they way we speak. Instead it is how we write or what we read. Its nice...  

Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

Good thinking winterrain! Thanks for your input! :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

haha! Well, I must warn you that none of the words I use are the least bit lady-like! :smileyvery-happy:

But if you still want to know, I can message you sometime! I know some spanish, german, french, and a great deal more in sign language, but I don't think it'd be possible to teach you any sign language on here...Sorry!

I do concede, you have a point about the judgemental habits of other's when it comes to appearence's and the way we speak. It is a huge flippin' relief to not have to stress over those concerns on here!

Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

It is a total relief! 

And sure, you can message me anytime, I am always in the mood to learn more ways to express myself. LOL. The sign language would be so cool to learn. In my one class that I am taking there is a kid that needs a signer, maybe I shouldnt use that in there. haha..  

Frequent Contributor
b-practical
0 Kudos

I really like sign language. My problem is that I'm a slow learner. I have this problem where my hands get as knotted as my tongue can! lol! I started learning it about a year ago because my best friends son, he's like a year younger than me, well he's deaf and he really didn't like the idea of his mother and I being best friends at first! haha! It was our age difference that bothered him most, though I still don't understand why..She's 41 and I'm 21, but I've always gotten along better with people twice my age. He used to call me so many nasty things, it got to be so bad, that I put off learning sign language for a long time ('cause I didn't want to know what he was saying to me). But he grew to like or rather accept (for lack of a better word) me after I hit him in the leg with a baseball bat and got him out of school for a week! :smileyvery-happy: He and I are really good friends now too! haha! Sometime's they fight over whose turn it is to spend time with me! It's great! Something I never experienced with my family.