Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Kane Chronicles by Rick Riodran

So I was just wondering if anyone looking forward to read the first book of the Kane Chronicles, Red Pyrmaid by Rick Riodran. Did you like his first series the Percy Jackson and the Olympains seires? And do you think this series will be better then the last? Or do you think this is to much of a kids book?

For me I have no idea, for I haven't read the series, yet. But I have gotten it on my nook, for it came out today =P I loved the Percy Jackson series, so I am hoping this series will be just as great or better. It seems interesting, so hopefully I wont be disoppointed. Check out the website at ---> http://disney.go.com/disneybooks/kanechronicles/. =P

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

Re: Kane Chronicles by Rick Riodran

i just bought the book today and am looking forward to reading it!

Inspired Contributor
fairydust285
0 Kudos

I just ordered it today, and I'm pretty excited to read it! I have a really tall pile of to read books, so who knows when I will get to it. This summer is going to be great for reading!

B&N Bookseller
Bonnie_W
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm really excited about this book!  I've wanted it since it first was announced...and even more so after hearing Rick Riordan read his "teaser" at the National Book Festival in DC last November!  I'm going to snatch the book to read on my lunch breaks until the UPS man brings me my bn.com package.  Hoping it comes today so I can get in some solid reading before I go into work tomorrow night!

Also, did you guys know he finally announced the title for the new "Camp Half-Blood Series" coming out in October?  It's going to be called The Heroes of Olympus, with the first book's title being The Lost Hero. *excited*

http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com for ideas on what to read next!
(Last author interviewed: Michelle Madow; Last book reviewed: CADET OF TILDOR; Giving away: CADET OF TILDOR until Jan 31! :smileyhappy:
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

OMFG Really?!?!?! I can't wait for that series either haha So many books so little time xD I wonder what it will be about. I'll have to read what Rachel says in the Last Olympain again =P I love the title, too =P Can't wait!

B&N Bookseller
Bonnie_W
0 Kudos

I finished!!  Has anyone else yet?  I'll try to write up my opinion tomorrow (it's late now).  It's a really interesting start to the series, I think.  I also hope that people who didn't want to pick up PJ because it seemed too structurally similar to Harry Potter will pick this series up because it's missing a lot of that initial formula.  If anything, after reading both Percy Jackson and The 39 Clues (yeah, he only wrote the first one, but he outlined all ten books, so it's really his baby...), this book reads more like a "Rick Riordan" book with all the action and stuff.  He's definitely got his own writing style, which is really exciting.  Soon, we'll be comparing books to *him.*

http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com for ideas on what to read next!
(Last author interviewed: Michelle Madow; Last book reviewed: CADET OF TILDOR; Giving away: CADET OF TILDOR until Jan 31! :smileyhappy:
Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

Still listening to it on my car rides... loved the PJ Manhattan shout out

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

Ok... Well I love, love, loved Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I think that Riordan really did a brilliant job with every single part of the series. :smileyvery-happy:

Now, personally, I love Ancient Egyptian mythology a LOT more than Greek or Roman Mythology. So when I heard about the Kane Chronicles being all about Egypt, I think I may have peed my pants I was so happy.*

Um right. So I got the book when it came out, and I'm not sure if I'm just stressed about school work or whatever, but I'm not loving the Red Pyramid :smileysad: It seems to be going way to fast, even though I really love some of the quirky characters. I'm still only on page 103 or whatever, so I'm really hoping that it's going to get better :smileyhappy: I just think it's more of a list of things that are happening, and not really much of a story. :smileyindifferent: But I'm sticking it through, because I love Rick Riordan, and I hope it will be as good as PJO .

*That's a lie. I don't think I peed my pants.

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I finished it, Finally! lol It's been forever! I swear it never in my whole life has it taken me that long to read a book. But I loved it! It was amazing! I love Carter and Sadie and Zia and Amos and Julias and Ruby and everyone!

SPOILER***

I kinda cried haha I mean it's so sad that the father had to like sacrificed himself to just save the world, but by doing that he had to leave his children, I mean yeah they can still see him in the Land of the Dead, but still! They will never be in their LA home every again =( I cried so bad it was horrible. I really like Sadie and Adusis together lol

They just seem so perfect as does Carter and Zia lol I felt bad that Zia wasn't really Zia or maybe she was. I really like kunfu and muffins lol Bast is the best! I thought she totally died, but I guess not xD yay! xD I thought the battle was amazing and very very very well written. The way Carter fought against Set was extraordinary. I love Sadie's way with words haha and I learned so much about Egyptian Mythology with this book its amazing! I heard the next book will come out in Spring of 2011 =D Can't wait! I so just want it now haha. I think my favorite part in the book was when Carter said

"I am Carter Kane. I said, "Blood of the Pharaohs, Eyes of Horus. And now, Set- brother, uncle, traitor- I'm going to crush you like a gnat." -Carter Kane

lol Just amazing. So yes! Most defiantly can't wait for the second book!