Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
ravenclawraindancer
0 Kudos

LGBT YA books

*Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, for those who don't know

These seem to be particuarly hard to come by, for obvious reasons, so here's a thread to recommend any LGBT YA books. I'd be really thankful. :smileyhappy:

I'll start off.

Keeping You a Secret and Luna by Julie Anne Peters

This author has written a lot of LGBT books, but these are the only two I've read so far (the others are on my to-read list). 
Keeping You a Secret, to be honest, seemed a little lackluster to me, but I was just glad to find a book with a Lesbian couple as the main characters.

Luna, which I'm currently reading, I'm really enjoying and finding really intresting. 

Am I Blue? 

Highly recommened for any LGBT teens. 

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Re: LGBT YA books

Boy Meets Boy

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Inspired Correspondent
adm912
0 Kudos

Rage

Correspondent
kelly-leigh
0 Kudos

I really enjoyed these two!

Empress of the World 

Annie on My Mind

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

my friend, who is a lesbian, mentioned this book:

The Bermudez Triangle 

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 965
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
0 Kudos

You could try:

Weetzie Bat 

Parrotfish  

I Am J  

Almost Perfect  

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

So I have not peronally really read any LGBT YA books but this link has a contest for some of them!!

And also in the comments are some more LGBT YA books so I hope that helps =)

http://naughtybookkitties.blogspot.com/2011/03/blogiversary-giveaway-part-1-gay.html

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Contributor
EmilyD
0 Kudos

I love YA LGBT! My favorite is Between Mom and Jo by Julie Anne Peters, with Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden (it's a classic!) coming in as a close second.

Ash
by Malinda Lo was very good too, but it barely feels like a LGBT book because there's no emphasis on the f/f relationship.

"Stop cultivating mushrooms in my closet!"
As These Pages Fly
New User
theatrekid15
0 Kudos

My FAVORITE LGBT book series is Rainbow Boys, which I found completely by accident. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/AlexSanchez_RainbowBoys.jpg. The other two in the series are called Rainbow High and Rainbow Road.

Contributor
SheliaWings
0 Kudos

Emily, all the ones you mentioned are awesome! And I agree about Ash.

"When violet eyes get brighter and heavy wings grow lighter, I'll taste the sky and feel alive again..."