Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

LOST discussion

Anyone here watch the TV show LOST??? 'Cause if you do I'd seriously love to have a group discussion about it...
Correspondent
atruetwilightfan
0 Kudos

Re: LOST discussion

i doo
You are my Twilight
In this New Moon
And I will cling to our eternal Eclipse
Until the day of our Breaking Dawn
*** I'm with the vampires, of course. ***
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

"FINALLY! I've been trying to find a LOST fan all day, and now that I got you right where I want you--" *gets brutally mauled by smoke monster*

Heh-heh. Couldn't help that. Anyways xD

Who's your favorite character??? I <33333 Sawyer!

Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
0 Kudos

Oh! I LOVE Sawyer! I felt so bad for him at the end of this season when Juliet "died". I hope she comes back in the final season, I thought she was a really good character, and they make a great pair. I also really like Sayid (I hope I spelled that right...I forget how to spell his name). He's an awesome character! I just wish Ben would die already...I HATE him.

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

--Alice, Alice in Wonderland

Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

I know! It broke my heart watching Juliet getting sucked down into the hatch. And I felt so bad for Sawyer...though (heh-heh) I think Kate should stick with him instead of Dr. Giggles. I can't stand Jack. He annoys the living crap out of me.

So do you think they really "nooked" the island and everyone's dead? Or is it gonna be like nothing ever happened? Or something in between???

Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

Here's my theory : I don't think that by setting off the bomb they killed everyone and made it so they never landed on the island because then there really wouldn't be a new season, you know? If the plan really did work, they would have just landed in California like they were supposed to. Remember on the season finale before Ben killed Richard he said "They're coming" ? Well, I think the "they" he was talking about was all the people from the Dharma Initiative (hurley, jack, sawyer, kate...) I think that by setting off the bomb they might have started the whole time travel thing again because the last thing we saw on the finale was a bright white light, just like how it used to be when the island was travelling through time. I hope that made sense, lol :smileyhappy:
The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
0 Kudos

I agree completely. I don't think that everyone died, or went back to "the real world" (LOL) because then the new season wouldn't really be interesting, or ever there. I like the theory that Jacob was talking about Jack and the other when he said "Their coming", but I'm not sure about it yet. I have a feeling that "they" might be more sinister than just Jack and Co, though I think they'll come back to the present meet up with Locke and everyone.

Oh, speaking of Locke, any ideas about what happened with him? He was dead in the casket at the end of this season, but alive in the hideout with Ben when Jacob was killed (if he's even dead).  Did he do some psycho time traveling or what? His character keeps getting weirder and weirder, and I'm starting to wonder if he's actually Locke (the original Locke) or not...

Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

*screeches to halt in '76 Mustang* BAH! I am here!

Well, answering your question about Locke, remember at the beginning of the season finale when we saw Jacob and the Mystery Man (MM) on the beach? MM swore he'd kill Jacob by finding a "loop hole" and if Locke is dead (but yet he's NOT), wouldn't that mean MM found his "loop hole" in Locke?

And don't you think it's odd how Jacob was dressed in white and MM was dressed in black? This was pointed out on one of the LOST forums on the ABC Family website. It all comes back to the game of Backgammon, I guess.

Also, do you think Jacob is really dead? He's like some freakin' Egyptian god or something! How can he just be gone? And what do you think is going to happen to Richard?

Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

i do! and i love Jack and Kate!!!
I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
0 Kudos

LOL I forgot about "MM". There's so much to remember...

No, I don't think that Jacob is really dead. I mean, he's been a big character this whole time (though we've only seen him, like once) it would be stupid of them to just kill him off like that, and not bring him back. Besides, isn't he supposed to be like, the islands ruler? Why would they kill him. I don't think it's possible. Unless...unless that wasn't Jacob at all that we saw, but somebody else. Benn had never seen him before, so we have no way of knowing whether it was really Jacob or not...Is any of this making sense? 

I honestly don't know what will happen to Richard...Any theories? 

Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Yeah...my mom (who, bless her, got me into the show) says that since Jacob was "turned and burned" that means he's gone for good, but I don't think so. If he's the island's ruler, why the heck would he die so easily??? I just don't think it's that simple.

And since Jacob is the one who gifted Richard with immortality (assuming Jacob is actually dead), Richard will probably start to age again. Or he might die alongside with his master. idk.

*sighs* There is so much to question and nitpick about LOST, and a big one for me is how this love triangle thing is going to work out. I mean, if Juliet is really dead, then that leaves Kate, Jack and Sawyer, and, considering the fact that Jack has been a TOTAL A-HOLE come of late, I think something's going to stir between Kate and Sawyer again...I just know it!

Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
0 Kudos

That's true, I didn't think about Richard dying if Jacob did. Though, if that were true, would he just age normally after Jacob died, or would his years come to him all at once?

But, that's null and void if Jacob isn't dead (which I still say he isn't). I mean, your right, if he's the RULERof the island, and he can grant Richard immortality, then he wouldn't just die like that. Or, if he did, it would be lame. (Personally). But, then again, you never know.

So, if Jacob dies, then who will step in? Will Locke be the next ruler of the island, or someone else (like MM maybe)? I think probably Locke. I have the feeling he might not be mortal anymore, either. I mean, since he came back from the dead and all...if that even is Locke. (I still have a sneeking suspicion that it's just someone who LOOKS like him, and not really him at all). 

But, yeah, what about the triangle? I don't really like Kate too much, so I hope Juliet doesn't die. I like her and Sawyer better together than him and Kate. Kate's just too...I don't know...But, yeah, Jack is being such a pain. He's really starting to make me mad with all his stupid actions. He had a weird character U-turn this season...

Hmmm...if Juliet really is dead, then it's safe to assume that there will be a fight (ahem "fight") over Kate. And, if their was, who would win? I personally think out of the two it's Jack she cares more about, though I could be wrong. She always seems to stick by him no matter what, even if he's being an idiot (whcih he usually is). 

But, here's a theory, if Juliet really is dead, and they fight over Kate, what if something happens to her? Like, what if she someone gets lost in time, or taken by the smoke monster, or kidnapped, or (gasp) dies? What then? LOL Jack and Sawyer would probably lose it then, and kill each other, and the whole thing would be pointless...

BUT, what I really want to know is: why did Sayid help Jack blow the bomb up? I mean, don't you find that a little strange? Before he seemed to hate everything, and didn't want to go back to the future, or his previous life, or whatever, and then all of a sudden he was like "Okay, I'm cool now, lets do this thing". It seemed weird to me. Do you think that maybe he was hoping they go back to the future, so he can finally kill Ben, since he failed doing that in the past? 

Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

I personally think that Season Six is going to focus especially around Locke and "MM". If what you say is right and Locke does become the next "ruler of the island", and since MM is obviously TOTALLY FLIPPIN' EVIL, it's only natural that in order to preserve the tranquility and peace of the island (like there was ever any of that crap in the first place xD), Jack and Co. are going to have to put a stop to him. Just a thought.

As for the whole love triangle thing, I definitely think that either Jack or Sawyer (or even Kate) is going to die. HAS to die, I'd say, since Kate can't seem to make up her mind about who she loves more. Yeah, yeah, I'll admit I loved Juliet and Sawyer together, but the thought of Kate with Jack makes me want to puke...I hate Dr. Giggles.

You made an excellent point about Sayid...why would he suddenly want to go along with the plan to nuke the island? I think it's about Nadia, because she's all he has to go back to. Otherwise he's just going to be sucked back into the perilous void of his former life, and I really don't think that's what the Iraqi is striving for.

Or is he...? Meh, this is LOST, it's two o' clock in the morning and I can't sleep, so who knows?

Contributor
cheergrl24
0 Kudos

mmm i love Lost.  I just got so confused with it last season that I couldn't follow it anymore and it was pointless for me to follow it...but I still think it's a really great show! And I like Sawyer ;D and I liked Michael and Walt, but they're obviously long gone...and how can I forget Jin!!! ahhh  lol   I really enjoyed Lost the 1st few seasons, but now it is just so twisted, confusing and a little creepy...does anyone feel me??
Inspired Contributor
I_read_books
0 Kudos

Yeah, I totally understand. LOST can get a little--well, lot--confusing at times. I don't remember everything either. And it doesn't help that they NEVER tell you whats going on...