Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
krazykychik
0 Kudos

Laurels

I keep seeing the green box beside each message. Anyone no what it is or what it does? Help much appreciated. thanks!
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation

Re: Laurels

It's posted right here.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/bn/board/message?board.id=CR&thread.id=10093

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Contributor
krazykychik
0 Kudos

Thanks bunches! :smileywink:

Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

No problem. Thanks for the laurels haha.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover

How many are we suppose to give out??? In the last 5 minutes i have given out 4 i hope that is ok!!

"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Wordsmith
Arielle

I am sure you can give out as many as you want.

Although it is kind of annoying. It is cool for the first post or whatever but after a while, it is just too much. I dont know. Itll grow on me..  

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Frequent Contributor
AlwaysSearching
0 Kudos

I think that the laurels are a great idea but also in a way somewhat bad.  They are a great idea becuase they get people to type better posts, be nicer and such, but do we really need to make everything we post into a competition?  I know that it isnt suppose to be a competition but if just feels like it too me.
~I am always searching. Searching for fun, something to read, for friends, for more chances to see the world. For my love.~
Contributor
krazykychik
0 Kudos

I understand what you're saying. But hey-there's always fun in a little competition. : )
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Yeah I know what you're saying. It's like Prom Queen or something lol. Whoever gets the most votes is the most popular. I come on here to talk about books and other stuff relating to books. Or just stuff that is on our minds. I mean, I'll be positive about it and all. I'm just not sure if it's the best idea.

- Edward Cullen
Frequent Contributor
twilightislove
0 Kudos

yea, when i first read about them i was thinking that it could be like a competition. Idk i guess i'm just gonna ignore them
"im perfectly capable of driving myself home!" - bella
"of course she was but i wasnt capable of letting her go"- edward
-midnight sun
xoxo
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15

You can give as many or as few as you like. :smileyhappy:  The nice thing about laurels is you can use them to express that you like a post without making a new post to say "good job" and so on.  Yes, some people might view it as a competition (either for giving or receiving laurels) but I think once the newness of the item wears off it will fade into the background.

bella_swan_lover wrote:

How many are we suppose to give out??? In the last 5 minutes i have given out 4 i hope that is ok!!

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

I didnt even realize the stuff way down at the bottom of the page. That is so weird. It does really now feel like a competition. Kinda weird, but I suppose it is a good new thing. idk
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.