Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

Laurels???????

What in the world happened to laurels?  I don't see any more! Did we all forget?

(Sorry if it sounds rude- it's not meant to be!)

:smileyhappy:

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Wordsmith
shygirlTB

Re: Laurels???????

tiffany57 wrote:

What in the world happened to laurels?  I don't see any more! Did we all forget?

i know what you mean i gave you a laurel i like giving laurels to everyone

the clouds i can handle but i cant fight an eclipse
jacob black =)

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

Aw...thanks! =D  I like giving laurels too, but I don't really see anyone else giving them...

If there is a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, you must write it. -Toni Morrison
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

Besides you! lol

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

I saw you gave laurels, ALN! =)

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

I love getting laurels, but what is the purpose of them? I mean I know they give you a higher rank in B&N, but does it help us in any way?

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

It makes the author think: I did a good job.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

Hmm oh okay =)

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

Well, I mean I think it makes the author feel good about their work or what they wrote because other's took time to give them a laurel.  Although it takes 1 second to do.  But still! :smileytongue:

Reader-Moderator
agnijay

Hey guys-

I believe that laurels are kind of like "liking" something on Facebook; it allows you to say "Thanks" or "Great Job" or "I Agree" without making a separate comment. It also keeps things organized; that way we have less posts like those in the threads.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
ALN
Wordsmith
ALN

Ur welcome, tiffany57!

I didn't know you could see that people gave laurels. I use to wonder who gave me laurels. I guess it tells you now. I always wondered about them. 

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

=D Your welcome! Yeah, I never noticed you couldn't before.  Maybe they fixed it before I joined?

Wordsmith
shygirlTB

i gave some laurels to you girls i would like to give you all laurels

jacob black =)

Correspondent
dragon560

tiffany57 wrote:

i know, i'm going to start doing that more, but i love your quote. :smileyhappy: it make a lot of sense 

Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

Thanks, that quote is one of my favorites too!

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN

It use to not allow you to click on your own. So I didn't think you could see who gave you laurels. 

Thanks for the laurels! I think I'm going to start giving laurels more often too. 

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "
Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

Your welcome, thanks for giving me a laurel too! :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
shygirlTB

[ Edited ]

did anyone hear about the knox county killings of tina herrman,kody maynard,and stephanie sprang they got the autopsies back and they have been stabbed repeatably in back and chest and then dismembered its totally emotional that someone that cruel would do that to three people that didnt deserve to die

jacob black =)

ALN
Wordsmith
ALN

shygirlTB wrote:

did anyone hear about the knox county killings of tina herrman,kody maynard,and stephanie sprang they got the autopsies back and they have been stabbed repeatably in back and chest and then dismembered its totally emotional that someone that cruel would do that to three people that didnt deserve to die

I didn't hear about this. What state did this happen in? And that is completely awful! It also sounds like something they would have on the show Criminal Minds. I can't believe people do this!

Distinguished Scribe
tiffany57

ALN wrote:

shygirlTB wrote:

I didn't hear about this. What state did this happen in? And that is completely awful! It also sounds like something they would have on the show Criminal Minds. I can't believe people do this!

Oh my gosh. No I havn't heard that. Wow. It's terrible that people do that. And yeah, it does seem it would be on that show.  I watch 48 hours sometimes too. Anyone else??