Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
ReadNow504
0 Kudos

Lauren Conrad: The Author in Front the Camera

We all know Lauren Conrad as the star from the hit MTV reality series, THE HILLS, but not too many people know her as Lauren Conrad, the author of two New York Times bestselling books; L.A. Candy, and her newest installment of the series, Sweet Little Lies.

I want to discuss both books with anyone who has read either of them. I also want to address the rumors of an alleged ghost writer.

-J. Encalade :smileyhappy:
Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

Re: Lauren Conrad: The Author in Front the Camera

ReadNow504 wrote:

We all know Lauren Conrad as the star from the hit MTV reality series, THE HILLS, but not too many people know her as Lauren Conrad, the author of two New York Times bestselling books; L.A. Candy, and her newest installment of the series, Sweet Little Lies.

I want to discuss both books with anyone who has read either of them. I also want to address the rumors of an alleged ghost writer.

I already gave my view on the book on our other post

I think there is possibly of a ghost writer being used. I mean, she could have wrote the entire thing herself, but ALOT of celebrities have some sort of help with them these days. She could have told her thoughts and ideas and someone helped her put it in order. There is nothing bad about that though. In certain cases it can make the person's book stronger.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

I have been a fan of Lauren and her gang through there MTV series. So was just wondering if the book is any good?

"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Wordsmith
wheeze
0 Kudos

bella_swan_lover wrote:

I have been a fan of Lauren and her gang through there MTV series. So was just wondering if the book is any good?

I think Lauren has a really good head on her shoulders, and was all 'crazy' like the others. I stop watching after she left. The whole thing just got absurd.

Me, myself, not the biggest fan of the book, but I know others liked it. I think there is another thread just about the book on here too.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

wheeze wrote:

bella_swan_lover wrote:

I think Lauren has a really good head on her shoulders, and was all 'crazy' like the others. I stop watching after she left. The whole thing just got absurd.

Me, myself, not the biggest fan of the book, but I know others liked it. I think there is another thread just about the book on here too.

Thanks i just checked out the other thread i think i might give them a chance!!

"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~