Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Lawsuit agaist Stephenie Meyer

People read this article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090804/en_nm/us_books_twilight

What do you think? I think that woman is lying, she is just doing it because the Twilight Saga has made lots of money

Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

Re: Lawsuit agaist Stephenie Meyer

i think shes lying too. there may be similiarities, but like how both characters called thier wives 'love' are you kidding me? its not like shes the first person to use that. thats an old name that shows passion and love for the reciever. there must be another reason for the sue.
"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Well first I think the author was a He, and wow.  Lol.  that is pretty freakin funny.  I do have to say.  But seriously what a load of bull.  Is it Meyer's fault that they BOTH wrote the same sloppy horrible cliche plotline.  No. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Frequent Contributor
Kristina-boo
0 Kudos

Honestly, I think it's about time. Now there's somebody suing JK Rowling. /:

But in my opinion, it should be L. J. Smith suing her for all of those similarities.

It was just bound to happen. People want money, I guess.

- - -

I hugged. I'm done."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Ha! Not surprised this happend. I mean it was bound to with all the vamp novels old and new. No offence to anyone but I found Stephine Meyer's plot was predictable and clique so it doesn't surprise me that someone found similarities between they're book and hers.
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

i cant say im surprised at all....

"We could do pizza."
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Is it just me or does anyone else find this highly amusing? 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Lmao it had to come one day. And Omg she's such a plagirizer for using the word LOVE! refering to someone -_-. He needs more help than her.

And at least he's not suing over the fact that Vampires Sparkle cuz if he wrote about Sparkling Vampires also I would have gone crazy.
TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

*giggling insanely*  Lmao.  That just reminded me of something Meyer said one time.  Someone asked her in an interview if she would write other paranormal fantasy for teens and she said that she kinda wanted to write about mermaids.  My friend was just like "What are they gonna do, glow?" 
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I also find this highly amusing.  I think it will be even more highly amusing if the guy wins. Like it's not like I want her to lose money she earned. I'd just find it amusing that the judge thought she plagerizing some (IMO) commen idea.
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Highly doubtful, but it would be funny if he did.  Lol.  I'm just wondering how she made so much money off of the lamest idea ever.  She took a highly unoriginal idea and then failed in making it her own.  i.e. sparkly vampires 
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Well, she did make it her own (somewhat) but I have a problem calling them vampires. Vampires do not sparkle. It makes them sound (to me) as scary as a 1st grader. Plus, Edward being able to make a baby and that dumb "explianation" just bothers me. It doesn't make sence. I know for sure I wouldn't admit that my book was a like to Stephine Meyers.
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Lmfao that made my night. And we all know that Mermaids don't glow! Gosh people these days, never learn that Mermaids sparkle when they're out of water. They're monsters who can't be seen out of water because they're monsters. And attack people with killer dolphins O.O

Idk lol I thought of something but it slipped my mind.

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Speaking of mermaids, in 8th grade my history teacher informed us that The Little Mermaid, Ariel actually cut out her own tongue when she couldn't get the prince to notice her.  And she was an evil little thing at that.   Funny how Disney totally changes stuff.

That seems to happen alot to you.  Lol.  Hey look!  Shiny!  

Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Shiny as in old Shiny or Shiny as in new Shiny?

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

hahaha funny how a lot of you think the Jordan person is a guy! haha it's a woman! She must want money or for people to buy her book

from the article:

"I think the fans have to read both books and make up their own mind, like a judge is going to have to," Williams said.

See? That is what she wants, for her book to get some attention.

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

No no no no.  No.   Shiny as in reflective.  Not the band.  Lol. 

Really?  Wow.... hmmm... I must be tired.  Must have gottten the he's  and she's of the lawyer mixed up.  Lol.  

Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

Kyleigh wrote:

Speaking of mermaids, in 8th grade my history teacher informed us that The Little Mermaid, Ariel actually cut out her own tongue when she couldn't get the prince to notice her.  And she was an evil little thing at that.   Funny how Disney totally changes stuff.

That seems to happen alot to you.  Lol.  Hey look!  Shiny!  

yaa hans christian anderson was a depressed person. she never ends up with the prince, he marries someone else, and she dies of a broken heart.

i love twilight, but yaa BD wasnt my fav. the first one. but im forcing myself to get over twilight. its a really good book, and i know that it was way off from vampires. and im tired of people obsessing over it.

and its really sad. are all big hit book authors bound to be sues at one point or another?

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww
0 Kudos

Where do you guys hear this sick twisted version of Disney movies? I wanna see lol. I like good things gone bad. O.o

Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

Ravenclaww wrote:
Where do you guys hear this sick twisted version of Disney movies? I wanna see lol. I like good things gone bad. O.o

hahaha yaa um lol  actually the twisted version was the origanal version of a book called the little mermaid by hans christian anderson,