Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
wicked_lovely414
0 Kudos

Let's analyze Bella!?

[ Edited ]

lets analyze bella in all the four books!

her choices, changes, thoughts etc..

do you think that she changed too much in breaking dawn? did she made the right decisions in eclipse?

Message Edited by wicked_lovely414 on 08-05-2008 12:05 AM
"what do i look like? the wizard of oz? you need a brain? you need a heart? go ahead. take mine. take everything i have."
Frequent Contributor
wicked_lovely414
0 Kudos

Re: Let's analyze Bella!?

please someone reply???!?!?

"what do i look like? the wizard of oz? you need a brain? you need a heart? go ahead. take mine. take everything i have."
Frequent Contributor
Twilightlover13
0 Kudos

i personally hate bella but ya know...

~ we could be a beautiful, miracle, unbelievable,... instead of just invisible...~

"I'm not that complicated.
My complications come out in my songs. All you have to do to be my friend is like me...
...and listen."
-Taylor Swift
Frequent Contributor
twilighter814
0 Kudos

i think bella's maturity progressed alot in Breaking Dawn but i hated her in Eclipse for breaking Edwards heart when she kissed Jacob.
Mrs. Cullen
Frequent Contributor
wicked_lovely414
0 Kudos

yeah i totally depised her in eclipse. she kissed jacob  and then came back to edward and kissed him..

its not right..

in breaking dawn she was ok.. but still she played jacob too much. wouldnt let him go.

Frequent Contributor
AbsolutePirateVampyre
0 Kudos

Yes Bella was horrible to Edward with the way she kissed Jacob. Mostly it's Jacob's fault but still. She was  engaged! She shouldn't have been kissing other people! I haven't read Breaking Dawn yet so don't give away anything!
Awesometastic ^ =.= ^
Frequent Contributor
twilightserieschick
0 Kudos

yea i like her sometimes, like on twilight but then in eclipse she played too much with both of them, and in bd spoiler ahead she was still leading jake on, but well  it was really funny when she got mad at jacob for imprinting on renesmee, but isnt that what she wanted???, for jacob to find his other half?? it was funny cause i thought she was jeaulous , why was she so mad cause it was her baby?
Frequent Contributor
wicked_lovely414
0 Kudos

yeah probably.. but i still think that she still has strong feelings for jacob... she was really annoying with her indesision.

what really happend when jacob said he would kill himself in the fight? did they just kiss or was something more then that?

Correspondent
atruetwilightfan
0 Kudos

I think that she definitely isn't the odd girl that she was in Twilight. She has more confidence and more self esteem. She is definitely more mature in the later books. and I also despised her when she kissed Jacob.
You are my Twilight
In this New Moon
And I will cling to our eternal Eclipse
Until the day of our Breaking Dawn
*** I'm with the vampires, of course. ***
Frequent Contributor
wicked_lovely414
0 Kudos

yeah she matured a lot. and also she was strange in her honeymoon, it was kind of weird(but i dont mind what happened) she was not her self after what happened i dont know if it was because of the pregnancy, but she was weird. she could only think about doing "stuff".

and when she became a vampire she changed completely. i liked her better when she changed. more confident and more strong not so dependent

Inspired Contributor
KaylaNicole_MusicLover
0 Kudos

I think she relies to much on the men on her life. She is not very independent. Haven't you noticed if she isn't with either Edward or Jacob she just sits around? It is kind of pathetic, even if she loves him. 

Frequent Contributor
Evermore13
0 Kudos

I personally don't really care for her. In the book I loved her, but ever since I saw her brought to life in the movies she just seems really depressed and sorry for herself. She's also kind of an itch! Anyway I just don't really like her on the big screen, but that could just be Kristin Stewart's bad acting skills.

Contributor
-Emily-
0 Kudos

personally I find her kinda annoying. I mean she was ok when I was just reading the books and then when the movies came out I started to hate her. But that's my opinion.

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

-Emily- wrote:

personally I find her kinda annoying. I mean she was ok when I was just reading the books and then when the movies came out I started to hate her. But that's my opinion.

I agree. She was okay in the books but i hated her in the movies. SOmes anyone else hate how kristian stewart screams in the movie it horrible. sorry but i just hate it.

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Bella did get really annoying at the end of the series.....

In Twilight was my favorite character

in New Moon I got her sadness

In Eclipse she started getting annoying.....

I think there should have only been 3 books...The end of Eclipse would have been a perfect palce to end the series.....

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
New User
Fantasy_Book_Lover
0 Kudos

I thought that Bella was alright.  But she made some choices that I wouldn't have made.  I'm not sure if I would've kissed Jacob or not, I mean he was threatening to kill himself.  But she's also pretty clingy, I mean I miss my boyfriend a lotttttt when I go visit my dad, but I don't wallow in depression, granted I know I'll get to see him again.  But I don't know.  She's ok.  I would've had a hard time letting go of Jacob if I loved him like a brother as well.  But I don't know.

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

I liked her better in the movies. In the books she was all "OH MY GOD MY LIFE SUCKS because 4 guys asked me to a dance! My life is so hard! I had to make up a whole outing to Seattle! My life sucks!" At least in the movies, it wasn't like that.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
New User
desigold
0 Kudos

i felt bad in new moon (the book) when edward broke bellas heart :smileysad: but when the movie came out and kristen stewart was playing bella it was funny!!!!! But i never did like kristen stewart her acting is just soooo annoying and no one i know likes her either!!!! I like bella in the book though, she is awesome but still kind of stupid. (:smileyvery-happy:)

Correspondent
MilkshakeLMS
0 Kudos

Personally I liked Bella at the begining of Twilight. New Moon I felt sorry for her and started declining my intrest on her because she was just sooo depressed, I mean come on you should be at least independant enought to get over a bad break up. Eclipse is my favorate book I'm not sure why but all I do know is that in this book I started to despise the bratty way she acted always insisting that she get turned into a vamp and Edward have sex with her without even considering Edwards side of the demands and when Edward wanted her to marry him she blew up and refused only thinkin about her rep that she got married right out of highschool. Alot of people get married out of highschool because they love each other that much and don't care what othr people think. I know that if I loved someone that much then I would marry him and not take a second guess unlike her and her inner imagination. *sigh*. Breaking Dawn is probally my least favorate because of so much Jacob who I'm not a really big fan of and also because of the whole gross birth scene * shudder*. These are my thoughts you can love them or hate them but ya can't get rid of me.

MTFBWY

"Wow," said Jack, " girl on girl action with Darius getting the benefits!"

Hunted a House of Night novel

Contributor
Hikaru23
0 Kudos

I agree! I hate how Kristen screams in the movie! >_< it just urks me! and I Really don't like the way she acts in the movie! :smileyindifferent: she just seems weird and out of place ^^ i think Kristen is a cool person...but actress?...hmmm.....not so much >_< lol Any way Dude! I like Bella in the books she's really stupid, but she's OK....i guess, i mean i don't HATE her :smileytongue: but most of the time she just annoys me!

"The world is the same size, there's just... less in it..."
~Jack Sparrow -At Worlds End-