Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
bamfan20

Lets play a game!

Okay everyone! Just for kicks im going to give you a quote that RELATES to a popular teen book on shelves today! The key word here is 'relates' so this quote did not come from the book! Try to answer correctly and maybe find a quote of your own to keep the game going! I've got a few more up my sleve but in the mean time this one should be easy:smileyhappy:

"One of the few good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us." -- Kurt Vonnegut, Cold Turkey

Got it? Good! Now what book could this be about...hum...reeeeeady GO!

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Re: Lets play a game!

The Hunger Games.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Inspired Contributor
bamfan20

Well Played! You are correct! It was indeed about The Hunger Games anyone notice that its going to be a movie?? I personally cant wait to see it! In the mean time how about another quote relating to a popular teen book/series? Lets see how quick someone can guess this!

"statistic: there has been missing persons reports that 100,000 people disappeared leaving no solid clues nor trace, only a space in the lives of their friends and family"--Ishmael Reed

Good Luck! Cant wait to see an answer! and maybe someone else has a clever quote...
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Gone is my guess.

Gone (Gone Series #1)

Inspired Contributor
bamfan20
0 Kudos

Woot woot! Yes thats correct! At least one person is playing my game:smileyhappy: but I dont want to stop just yet so heres at least one more quote that relates to a popular book/ series! Lets see who can guess this one!

"Oh, it's no use. She's so beautiful, and I'm... Well, look at me! She'll never see me as anything... but a monster. ...It's hopeless." --Robby Benson

Come on everyone this could be a lot of fun if we get more people!!

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Umm I have this horrible feeling I might be wrong but is it Twilight??

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Contributor
bamfan20
0 Kudos

Awww good guess! But no its not Twilight...I will change 1 word in the quote as a type of hint and maybe you can get it then! Dont give up yet!

"Oh, it's no use. She's so beautiful, and I'm... Well, look at me! She'll never see me as anything... but a beast. ...It's hopeless."

You will get it now im sure!

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Is it Beastly?? (Please say it is! lol)

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Contributor
bamfan20
0 Kudos

YES! It is Beastly! Yay I knew you would get it haha

Beastly

Hum I dont have another quote right now but ill look for one...

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

This game is fun.  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
bamfan20
0 Kudos

Yay I've got another one! Just cuz you guys are being such good sports and cuz im having fun finding these quotes heres another one to get ya thinkin! Maybe this one will be a little harder?? Remember these quotes relate to a book/series and dont actually come from the book itself!

"Our sun is one of 100 billion stars in our galaxy. Our galaxy is one of billions of galaxies populating the universe. It would be the height of presumption to think that we are the only living things in that enormous immensity." --Wernher von Braun

Bet this one is harder! Just remember its a popular book right now!

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

Okay yeah I was right! =)

And ohh this ones a bit harder.... But I'm thinking could it possibly be Across the Universe ??

I may be wrong but it's the only one I could think of that is about the univerese and the galaxy and stuff =)

Abdul Kalam
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Contributor
bamfan20
0 Kudos

hummm no not Across the universe but nice guess I dint even think of that one! Lets see ill change it around a bit just cuz I knew that one would be harder. 

"Our planet is one of many populating the universe. It would be the height of presumption to think that we are the only living things in space." --'Wernher von Braun'

Oaky so try and think along these lines now and remember its a popular book right now!

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies Series #1)