Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

Looking for a book club!

Looking for a book club for older teens and adults. I read alot of teen books and have no one to talk to about them. If anyone is interested please let me know!

Thanks

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

I'm down!

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

great...what have u read?

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts

some of us on here have started a book club.  we are vote on what we want to read and then discuss it on the 14th of the month.  we read one book a month and then once summer comes we may up how many we read.  most of us are students so we are a little busy.  this month we are reading pretty little liars.  next month we are reading beastly which is a really good book.  if you are interested we have a whatever you want to call it...its called online book club. thats us we would love to have you join.  just wanted to let you know in case you were interested.

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

some of us on here have started a book club.  we are vote on what we want to read and then discuss it on the 14th of the month.  we read one book a month and then once summer comes we may up how many we read.  most of us are students so we are a little busy.  this month we are reading pretty little liars.  next month we are reading beastly which is a really good book.  if you are interested we have a whatever you want to call it...its called online book club. thats us we would love to have you join.  just wanted to let you know in case you were interested.

Thanks Korts!  I am actually reading Beastly for next month!  I was just down since WriterMom wanted to do a kind of book club with older teens and adults.  Don't get me wrong I wanna do YA books but wouldn't mind discussing them with people closer in age to me.  Not that I mind discussing with you guys also!!

- JJ

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

oh no problem i was just trying to help. awesome that you are reading beastly with us.  if you want you can put out some different titles for us to read the month after that.  what kind of books are older teens or adult?  i am an adult i am a 21 year old college student.

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

oh no problem i was just trying to help. awesome that you are reading beastly with us.  if you want you can put out some different titles for us to read the month after that.  what kind of books are older teens or adult?  i am an adult i am a 21 year old college student.

Yeah thanks again!  I don't know if WriterMom knows about the online book club so good looks!  And you know what I don't know if there are YA titles for older teens or adults (probably not) and I love all YA books.  I have read twilight, percy jackson, and just picked up Hunger Games (I think this is the name of the book) after everyone here raved about it.  I just thought it would be cool to talk about YA books with people closer to our age (I'm 23 and just about to graduate college).  Maybe we could even read books that are similar to YA books but are meant for adults (Charlaine Harris possibly).  I don't know I'm just ranting :-)

- JJ

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

wow its good to find someone who is closer to my age.  yeah i read twilight and i am on the third book of percy jackson.  right now i am listening to hunger games on cd.  its good.  i think i need to listen to it more before i rant and rave about it.  i m about half through the book. some other books i read or have is vampire kisses, wicked lovely and james patterson books. i read witch and wizard and thought it was really good and i like his style of writing.

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

Hey, I was just wondering how you can join this online book club I am just going to read beastly and was wondering how i can get involved in the book club.THANKS

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

hey funwithfaith!  i am korts and i am part of the book club that is reading beastly for a may discussion.  you don't have to do anything just come and discuss with us.  our thing is the online book club.  for april we are discussing pretty little liars.  and thats on the 14th.  then for our may discussion we are reading beastly.  we discuss on  the 14th and all you do is just go to that thread and post what you want.  but keep checking through out the day if you can because we will all post at different times and we just talk about what happened or questions and whatever we feel like.  for deciding on the book we vote the month before so keep your eyes open for good books for us to read.  we would love to discuss with you.  check it out!

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

Thanks so much, I am allways on the lookout for a good book and the pretty little liars is a great book/sequel.THanks a lot and I look forward to joing the online book club!!Thanks so much!!But wich pretty little liars are we reading the 1st one???Thanks!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

I am soon to be out of the teen stage of my life in Aug when I turn 20 and I still enjoy teen books, although there could be considered teen books that are for older teens mostly now thats not the case. I think teens and even preteens read some of the stuff that I didn't get a chance to read till I was 16ish. I don't have a lot of time for a book club right now considering I'm taking 21 college credits but once summer comes I do.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

funwithfaith we are reading the first one.  then we will be discussing it on the 14th of april.  awesome hope you enjoy discussing with us.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

hey lexa555 i am out of my teen days and i am just reading anything because i just barely got into reading.  what kind of books are for older teens but not all the way adult do you know?  someone suggested the stocky stackhouse books which would be cool.  i have been wanting to read them.  you are awesome that you are taking all those college credits!! awesome job.  i am in college too but not that many credits.

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

Ok thanks so much.I read the 1st one and do you know when the TV show airs can't wait to discuss, but will the thread be by you or someone else?Thanks for answering the questions!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i am not sure when the tv show airs.  yeah a_gilmore_girl came up with the idea and then i just run the voting and stuff.  she gets all the credit for the great idea.  i guess you could say i am a little controling but i really get passionate about things and this is one of those things.

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
0 Kudos

I can toataly understand that, I cant belive the pretty little liars series is coming to an end 1 more book:smileysad: oh well there are so many other great books , I just read fallen and do you have any book suggestions?

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

korts wrote:

hey lexa555 i am out of my teen days and i am just reading anything because i just barely got into reading.  what kind of books are for older teens but not all the way adult do you know?  someone suggested the stocky stackhouse books which would be cool.  i have been wanting to read them.  you are awesome that you are taking all those college credits!! awesome job.  i am in college too but not that many credits.

Lol thanks for the compliment...I am finishing one of my degrees this semester thats why I'm taking so many classes this semester. As for older teen books there really isn't such a thing anymore especially now that teen books should just be called vampire books but there are plenty of good teen books such as.....

The Hunger Games Series, the Mortal Instruments Series, Perfect Chemistry (which is say is actually older teen since it has some sexual content), Kissed by an Angel, the Evernight Series, The Luxe Series, any book by Sarah Dessen is amazing since it does deal with some real life events that would happen with some older teens,Tamora Pierce has several series that are more middle teen level but the story lines are good, A Time for Dancing is a good book but kind sad, A Northern Light is set in the past if you are into that, Ben Bova writes some good adult scifi about space, the Sookie Stackhouse series is adult though and does have some sexual scenes, and if you can handle some adult romance with sexual scenes there are some amazing series for that such as Nora Robert's Signs of Seven Series, JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, Lisa Kleypas Hathoway Series, any series by Lori Foster, Fairest of Them All by Teresa Medeiros, Freudian Slip by Erica Orloff is classified as romance but there isn't a lot of sexual scens in there.

I hope that helps, sorry if I put in a lot of adult romance that you probably have no interest in reading.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

funwithfaith our first book that we read was hush,hush it was so good.  also the percy jackson series is good.  theres a book called witch and wizard its written by james patterson its good i just finished reading that.  everyone loves hunger games i couldn't really get into it but thats just me.  what kind of books do you like?

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

thanks lexa555 thats amazing that you are finishing one of your majors!!  wow you have read a lot thanks for the suggestions. i am into a good story.  i have been eyeing those luxe series.  good luck with school!!!