Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
Posts: 1,151
Registered: ‎07-26-2008
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

 

korts wrote:

thanks lexa555 thats amazing that you are finishing one of your majors!!  wow you have read a lot thanks for the suggestions. i am into a good story.  i have been eyeing those luxe series.  good luck with school!!!

 

The Luxe series isn't one that I fell in love with but it provides a look into how the past was run. Also one more book I forgot to mention is Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys. I got into reading about five years ago so yes I have read a lot but not nearly enough! Good luck to you too with school.  

 

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
Posts: 99
Registered: ‎03-28-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

Well to tell you the truth , I like a varitay of diffrent books I have read Fallen to White Fang to Twilight to Harry Potter. My taste varies on my mood I guess lol or I'm just into everything lol what do you like to read?

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Frequent Contributor
korts
Posts: 595
Registered: ‎02-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

well i seem to be drawn to fantasy.  i have been reading this series called Fablehaven.  its so good i think.  i have read harry potter and twilight.  i have also started liking James Patterson books.  i used to hate reading i mean HATE!!!  up until like a month ago did i decide it was really a great thing and i love getting swept away into the story.

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
Posts: 1,258
Registered: ‎01-23-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

I love reading YA paramoral and fantasy. I have also read Twilight, Harry Potter, and some James Patterson books. I just finished his Witch&Wizard yesterday and it totally blew me away from how good it was (I was shocked xD). I have always like books, but for some reason it never really sky rocketed until about 2 years ago when I read Twilight. Every since I can't put a book down and it's kinda funny to me sometimes. I guess books are my life now =)


Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
Posts: 99
Registered: ‎03-28-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

I have fablehaven but havent started it and usually I dont think I would be into James Patterson though

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Frequent Contributor
korts
Posts: 595
Registered: ‎02-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

LexieVamp isn't witch and wizard good?  i really liked it.  i read lauren conrads LA Candy and went and saw her and listened to a book on cd and ever since then i have been loving reading.  i can read a book within 24 hours.  yeah i go to school and then come home and read.  i used to go to bed somewhat early i am talking like 11 instead of 1 but now its back to 1 because i am reading until the book falls and hits my face!

 

 

funwithfaith-fablehaven is very good.  i love it i think there is something for everyone in it.  i am on book 4 listening to it on cd and just bought book 5 so i can finish the series.  i would recommened reading them

 

by the way for everyone yes i am in college but i still cannot spell!  i am so sorry that i spell things wrong i just hope you can figure out what i am saying.  sorry!!

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
Posts: 99
Registered: ‎03-28-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

Really they're that good?I guess ill start reading them tonight lol how many books are there?

 

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
Posts: 1,258
Registered: ‎01-23-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

korts wrote:

LexieVamp isn't witch and wizard good?  i really liked it.  i read lauren conrads LA Candy and went and saw her and listened to a book on cd and ever since then i have been loving reading.  i can read a book within 24 hours.  yeah i go to school and then come home and read.  i used to go to bed somewhat early i am talking like 11 instead of 1 but now its back to 1 because i am reading until the book falls and hits my face!

 

 

funwithfaith-fablehaven is very good.  i love it i think there is something for everyone in it.  i am on book 4 listening to it on cd and just bought book 5 so i can finish the series.  i would recommened reading them

 

by the way for everyone yes i am in college but i still cannot spell!  i am so sorry that i spell things wrong i just hope you can figure out what i am saying.  sorry!!

The book was amazing and I can't wait to find out what happens to Whit and her.Grrr I want to kow so badly lol! I wonder what the next book will be called and if it will be good =)


Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
Posts: 595
Registered: ‎02-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

funwithfaith there are 5 books. do read them so then i have someone to talk to them about.

 

lexievamp- i don't know how to copy and paste like everyone else does so my way will just have to keep working.  whit seems so cute and a good brother.  and witsy every time she opened her mouth i was like worried that she would say something bad and get hit, which she did.  i was so worried.

Frequent Contributor
funwithfaith
Posts: 99
Registered: ‎03-28-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

korts-will do it sounds like a good series and I think i will start reading it right now lol

"Books are the things that keep us inspired,content,and above all else happy"
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
Posts: 1,258
Registered: ‎01-23-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

korts wrote:

funwithfaith there are 5 books. do read them so then i have someone to talk to them about.

 

lexievamp- i don't know how to copy and paste like everyone else does so my way will just have to keep working.  whit seems so cute and a good brother.  and witsy every time she opened her mouth i was like worried that she would say something bad and get hit, which she did.  i was so worried.

 

Same here about Wisty xD Gosh that girl has a mouth haha and I feel so bad about Whit and his girlfriend =( If only she didn't die. I hate The One Who is The One! and omfg John how could he!! O and to copy and paste someones saying you only have to click on Reply that is in someones post then before you write click on Quote that is at the top at teh right hand corner and it will paste what the other person said =) O and do you know what the second book is called or if he even has a date for it yet?


Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
Posts: 595
Registered: ‎02-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

Lexievamp wrote...

 

Same here about Wisty xD Gosh that girl has a mouth haha and I feel so bad about Whit and his girlfriend =( If only she didn't die. I hate The One Who is The One! and omfg John how could he!! O and to copy and paste someones saying you only have to click on Reply that is in someones post then before you write click on Quote that is at the top at teh right hand corner and it will paste what the other person said =) O and do you know what the second book is called or if he even has a date for it yet?

 

well the end said to be continued so i think and hope he will write more.  i don't know though.  i tried to look at the website but it doesn't really say anything.  i hate the one who is the one and the one who is the judge!!  i love when she got the bugs to come in the courtroom!

 

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
Posts: 1,258
Registered: ‎01-23-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

 

korts wrote:

Lexievamp wrote...

 

Same here about Wisty xD Gosh that girl has a mouth haha and I feel so bad about Whit and his girlfriend =( If only she didn't die. I hate The One Who is The One! and omfg John how could he!! O and to copy and paste someones saying you only have to click on Reply that is in someones post then before you write click on Quote that is at the top at teh right hand corner and it will paste what the other person said =) O and do you know what the second book is called or if he even has a date for it yet?

 

well the end said to be continued so i think and hope he will write more.  i don't know though.  i tried to look at the website but it doesn't really say anything.  i hate the one who is the one and the one who is the judge!!  i love when she got the bugs to come in the courtroom!

 

 

Same here with the bugs lol xD I also wonder how the got caught and I wonder if Wisty will get a boyfriend in the next book??? Hmm? So many questions lol

 


Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
korts
Posts: 595
Registered: ‎02-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

so many questions and i hope they all get answered!!

Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎03-30-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

Ok no old jokes, but I am 38 and yes I read Ya books. I work full time and have 3 teenagers. I have read so many books that now that i think about it I would be bad for a club. To be honest there are not many I haven't read. Right now I am reading a re-print of the Sweep books.Waiting to find #8(changeling).I am in love with them and am dying to read more. the short list of books i've read are.

 

Twilight, percy jackson, Ink heart, Mortal instruments, HON, Vampire Diaries and Acadamy, Shiver, Wings, Dirty little secrets and lies,HP, Sookie Stackhouse, up to #7 in the Steep series there are 15, Etc......

 

So you see thats just the short list.....Some I would love to read again like the mortal instruments. I don't know if u all would want someone my age in a book club. Besides I read these books in days. For somereason the end can't come quick enough and then I'm upset that I read it so quick.

 

 

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎03-30-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

Don't feel bad about the spelling thing. My daughter is an honor student in high school and had to buy her a hand help spell check. Not to mention I write books and have to use spell check quit often.

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
Posts: 97
Registered: ‎03-30-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

Kort...you sound like me. I get all into the books. My kids laugh at me when I cry and laugh at something i've read. When I read sookie stackhouse, the part when the make love the first time and he healed her with his blood. I got all flushed and had to leave the living room where everyone was cause I knew if they saw me the would know I was reading something steamy. lol....I love feeling the books I read.

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Scribe
JdiennoPSU
Posts: 850
Registered: ‎03-06-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

 

WriterMom wrote:

Kort...you sound like me. I get all into the books. My kids laugh at me when I cry and laugh at something i've read. When I read sookie stackhouse, the part when the make love the first time and he healed her with his blood. I got all flushed and had to leave the living room where everyone was cause I knew if they saw me the would know I was reading something steamy. lol....I love feeling the books I read.

 

I completely remember this part... it made me bluch so much

 

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.


FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎05-08-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

Im 22 and my husband often looks at me when I just smiling down into the book, he thinks Im crazy. then I'll just bust out laughing and he just stares at me. I really love YA, I dont know if its just that I dont want to grow up yet or what..

 

ohh and Korts, I have the first 3 Fabelhaven books that I won in a contest recently and havent started them yet, but thanks to you I will pick them up next!

 

 

Frequent Contributor
korts
Posts: 595
Registered: ‎02-11-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

 

SpunkiiReader wrote:

Im 22 and my husband often looks at me when I just smiling down into the book, he thinks Im crazy. then I'll just bust out laughing and he just stares at me. I really love YA, I dont know if its just that I dont want to grow up yet or what..

 

ohh and Korts, I have the first 3 Fabelhaven books that I won in a contest recently and havent started them yet, but thanks to you I will pick them up next!

 

 

 

people are always wondering why i am laughing and then i try to explain but you can't because they still won't get it because they are not you and weren't in that moment.  i feel dumb always saying or sorry my book is funny!  i shouldn't have to say sorry!!  fablehaven is very good and no one has read them so i have no one to talk to them about.  i think they are good clean fun.  seth is funny and annoying at the same time its perfect.  i am on book 4.