Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

people who don't read never get it. It's a shame really. I know for me my 17 yr old son had alot of issues in his younger teens. It was very difficult for me to relax and center myself. So, I found that reading takes me somewhere else, make me feel normal for a little while. Korts screw those people who don't get it. lol

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

ohh I know, I just roll my eyes now when someone looks at me cause I bust out laughing at a book. its like they wont get it no matter how you word it. unless of course they have read the book and know what scene it is.

I should be starting Fablehaven soon, I just started Hunger Games. but after that on to Fablehaven and we can chat about it.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

let me know what you think of hunger games.  i read it but couldn't get in to it.  i think i may try again at another time.  awesome about fablehaven then i will finally have someone to talk to about them!  they are fun i think!

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Im about halfway through Hunger Games and at first I wasnt that interested, not really my type of book but I kept hearing great things about it so Im sticking with it. and I really do like it so far, I'll probably finish it tonight so I'll let you know more tomorrow.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Hunger Games is a great book but it is hard to get into at first because not a whole lot is going on for the first half of the book. It gets more interesting when they are actually in the arena fighting. Then Catching Fire is even better than Hunger Games because you already know the story line and how everything works so the author was able to give Catching Fire a little faster story line.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Korts - Hunger Games was AWESOME! just like Lexa said the beginning is a little slow just cause they are trying to give you all the info of what the world is like and everything. but once you get past that the book really picks up and you wont want to put it down. I will be starting Catching Fire just cause I have to know what happens next.... so I advise you to give it another try and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay i will give it another try.  do you know if maze runner is basically like hunger games?

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

havent a clue. havent read maze runner

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

okay just wondering because it seems like it but i am not sure so i don't know if i want to read it or not!

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

Ive been thinking the same thing. its on my list to read but somewhere twords the bottom

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i got it from the library but right now i am reading a great and terrible beauty

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

that one is on my list too. I feel like my list gets longer and longer and I cant seem to read fast enough to keep up.....

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah my list is long and i feel way behind.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

so do I, I only started reading obsessively within the last year. so there are alot of books and series that others have read that I need to catch up with, and at the same time more and more really good books keep coming out.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i have only started reading in the past few months.  so i am way behind and then everything has another book to go with it.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

ohh I know... and sometimes I hate starting a book that is part of a series when the second or third book isnt out yet. Im very impatient I want to start the next book as soon as I finish the the one before it. or I hate when I only have the first book or two in the series I dont want to start it till I buy all of they so I wont have to wait. but then it only adds more to my pile of books to read. ohh I wish I had enough money to just go in and buy the bookstore... (:

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i am the exact same way!!!

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

and when the next book in the series comes out I want to reread the whole sereis to get back into it and that just screws up my whole TBR list cause Im reading books that have already been crossed off! so that just adds to the never ending list... I am just to book obsessed! but I LOVE IT!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

haha nice! yeah it is annoying.  i just wish there was some way to fix it but i guess thats the fun of reading

Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

me too. I have to wait over a year for some of the sequels. SUCKS

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos