Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

I just bought beastly tonight and was thinking of trying some adult novels. So, while I was (in heaven) at B&N I saw books that P.C. Cast wrote. I believe they are some of her first. The are the called the Goddess series. If anyone is interested in reading them with me Cool. Oh and by the way I have read another of her adult series and they were really good.

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

that is crappy.  i am like biting my nails waiting for the hush, hush sequel to come out

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

yeah me too! and I just finished Catching Fire (book 2 in Hunger Games) and now I have to wait till august for book 3. and I hated how fast it seemed to go. I didnt even know I was at the end till the last few pages (Im reading it on nook so cant tell how thin its getting). I did just get The Reckoning by Kelly Armstrong (book 3 in darkest powers) so I am looking forward to diving into it.

over at HarperTeen they have the first 80 pages of Melissa Marr's Radiant Shadows (book 4 in tattoo faeries) available to read, the book comes out on the 20th and now I am kicking myself for reading the beginning and not able to continue it...

Korts- how is A Great and Terrible Beauty going?

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

its good.  i am not very far into it but its still really good.  i am excited to read it.  have you read vampire academy?  have you at least seen the cover is that anglina jolie?

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

no havent read those... and it does kinda look like her but I dont think it is.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i just got it from the library and was like hello that girl looks familiar.  i know its not her but doesn't that look just like her?  crazy

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

yeah...

I just saw the cover to Crecendo (sequel to Hush, Hush) it is beautiful! check it out

http://www.beccafitzpatrick.com/whitehotstory.html

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

it looks so awesome.  i cannot wait.  i wish it would come out now.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

yeah thats why sometimes I hate starting a series when just he first book is out. I cant stant the waiting!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

me too

Frequent Contributor
WriterMom
0 Kudos

read Beastly! It's really cute! Can't wait to discuss it next month.

The Boondock Saints Pictures, Images and Photos
Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

it was good huh?  i loved it.  don't forget we are going to discuss it on may 14th.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

hey korts I finally started reading Fablehaven and I just got books 4 & 5 so now I can read the series straight through...

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

what do you think so far?  i am on book 4

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

its good but I am only up to the part where Seth runs into the old lady in the woods... I am wondering where the grandma is tho...

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

oh it only gets better. let me know if kendra kind of bugs you?  your questions will be answered no worries!

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

yeah Kendra does kinda bug me, she seems to think shes too good or something.... but other then that I am really liking it.. I have always loved faeries so this fits right into my world...

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah kendra does bug me and she never changes throughout the rest of the books.  they are so good i think.  i really like them

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

finished Fablehaven now reading Rise of the Evening Star. I liked the way that book one ended. I loved the faireis at the end... I really enjoyed the book and am hoping the next 4 are just as good...

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

they keep me entertained.  i love the fairies!  i am still on book 4 at the end though.  i am trying to read other books though right now and i just listen to those on cd.  i like them.