Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for a book club!

you need to slow down because i am still listening to number 4 you are going to beat me and then you are going to have to wait for me to catch up.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

lol... yeah I started book 4 last night! I knew what was coming in book 3 but I still was shocked once it got there ): Lena....  I like Gavin, I really hope hes a good guy and not working for the Society...  and yeah Kendra keeps being all goody and all her tattling on Seth is annoying!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

you are going to beat me.  i have had some stuff going on at school and its been a busy week so i haven't really been in to the reading.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

well I just put Fablehaven on hold cause I just got Melissa Marr's Radiant Shadows (book 4 in her faerie series) and I just had to stat it. but I will probably be finished with it later today and back to Fablehaven. I have been waiting for it for so long I am just speeding through it...

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

oh my gosh i am reading ink exchange!!  i loved wicked lovely!  ink exchange is making me want to get a tattoo though haha

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

yeah I had that same reaction too! and Niall is my favorite character! aside from Ash and Seth...

New User
Wizard934
0 Kudos

I have run a pretty successful bookclub at Barnes & Noble stores is California as well as my current location at the Woodland Mall in Kentwood Michigan.  I have never participated in an online bookclub but since at least one of the guys that comes to our meetings is moving out of state I thought maybe it's time to try.  For the month of May we are reading "The Red Pyramid" by Rick Riordan; "Steel Trapp: The Challenge" by Ridley Pearson and/or "The Spiderwick Chronicles: The Field Guide" by Tony DiTerrlizzi.  We usually meet in store on the last Wednesday of every month but I'm willing to discuss the books at any time.  I am also full of suggestions because I love to read all genres. I have been doing this for over thirteen years and have been told that I must be a fourteen year old boy disguised as a forty something woman.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

Wizard934- that is so cool that you run a book club.  i am Korts and i am in charge of the book club on here.  for the month of may we are reading beastly by alex finn and hex hall (i am not sure off the top of my head whos the author).  we read more girl books i guess now that i think about it but we are going to read mocking jay probably and some other things.  what we do is we vote on what books we want to read and then we read them.  some of us can't read all of them so we just do our best.  for the summer we are uping it to two books to read since most of us will have time.  our thread is the Online Book Club.  any ideas you could give would be great.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

SpunkiiReader wrote:

yeah I had that same reaction too! and Niall is my favorite character! aside from Ash and Seth...

so i like seth i am still not that far into the book yet so don't give anything away!  how are you doing on fablehaven?

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

still on book 4, I stopped reading it when I got Radiant Shadows, but it only took me 2 nights to read it so tonight I will be back to Fablehaven. Im on chapter 12, so not sure if Ive passed u yet... Ink Exchange is good but I wasnt that big a fan of Leslie... let me know what you like about those too...

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i am on chapter 26 of fablehaven.  not really enjoying it as much as the others and i too have had to stop so i could read ink exchange and wicked lovely.  

B&N Bookseller
Bonnie_W
0 Kudos

I'd be interested as well if you're still putting it together.  I'm 27 and still in love with teen fiction.  Send me a PM :smileyhappy:

http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com for ideas on what to read next!
(Last author interviewed: Michelle Madow; Last book reviewed: CADET OF TILDOR; Giving away: CADET OF TILDOR until Jan 31! :smileyhappy:
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

yeah this one hasnt drawn me in like the other three... and Seth just seems to keep making more and more stupid decisions, although they do end up helping in the end but he still shouldnt be doing what hes doing... hopefully book 5 will be better...

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah me too.  like don't you learn from the first time you almost got everyone killed?  guess not!  what do you think of warren?  i don't really like gavin and if you heard the lady who does the voice on my cd i am not sure anyone would like him haha!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

Bonnie_W wrote:

I'd be interested as well if you're still putting it together.  I'm 27 and still in love with teen fiction.  Send me a PM :smileyhappy:

so i am not sure how to send a personal message.  sorry i just know how to respond to them when i get them.  if you tell me how i will send the schedule to you or you can just email me.  also our group is the online book club if you want to check it out we read teen books.  then we discuss them on the 14th and 30th.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

I really like Warren but I aslo am getting a bad feeling about him, its almost like he knows too much. I just seems like he is the one who knows how to get past each obstacle..... so far I like Gavin but he hasnt showed back up since their first adventure together yet, so I only have that first impression to go on. and yeah Im just reading it so Im not hearing the woman's portrayal of him.

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

yeah do we know how he got to know so much?  he knows a lot.  i would think like most know because they have lived long but warren is only 21 or something.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

I know... and he couldnt have been in the Knights very long... I really hope hes not working for the Spinx,  I like him! but something is kinda fishy... on another note: I loved that Patten was in book 3, and that he and Lena got another day together... I love Lena!

Frequent Contributor
korts
0 Kudos

i was so excited that they got another day together.  i liked them.  i always liked lena.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

I cant imagine what Patten went through, to see Lena go and then to return to her 100 yrs before it happend and cant tell her about it....