Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for book suggestions for a 14 yr old guy who hates to read

Wait didnt they make a movie out of that?

Well any ways any one read the book Wake?

~Love is a poison~
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww

Yea they made the movie which was also amazing. But the book is more NC-17 rated where the movie is PG-13. Lol

TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Oh i havent read the book or watched the movie.

Most books that are turned to movies are, there rating always go up.

~Love is a poison~
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Ravenclaww wrote:

I found the perfect book for him! I LOVE YOU, BETH COOPER! Trust me he will read it and want more. There is everything, sex, drinking, driving, fighting, drugs. I mean sometimes it pretty much goes into details and stuff and I'm sure he would like that.

Sounds really good, Ravenclaww!  Thanks for the suggestion!

Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Like Twilight, lovely bones, and harry potter

~Love is a poison~
New User
Hoops_Hero42

You should check out "The Tower of Shadows" by Drew C. Bowling. 

"Pendragon" is another good series, my bro reads them.  He read them twice in 3 weeks.  Two of my guy friends are reading them too.  So I guess they're pretty good

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hoops_Hero42 wrote:

You should check out "The Tower of Shadows" by Drew C. Bowling. 

"Pendragon" is another good series, my bro reads them.  He read them twice in 3 weeks.  Two of my guy friends are reading them too.  So I guess they're pretty good

Thanks for the contribution, Hoops_hero42! 

Correspondent
Notjustphysical

Theres a book i am reading now im not done yet but you dont have to bee done with a book to know its good.

Any ways its called Thirteen Reasons Why by: Jay Asher

-Its about a guy named Clay who one day recieves a box of tapes and later finds out they are from his deciesed friend Hannah but before she passed away she put down thirteen reasons why she did. But Caly isnt the only one to get them and he wont be the last through out the story secrets and truths are brough to the surface and Hannah wants all those that are the cause of her death to know her thoughts on it all, To know her which no one ever new. Through out the book you go on a journey with Clay to discover the connections between them all and all the places hannah have been and all the things shes seen.

This book is great its full of suspense and turns you didnt think would come. I couldnt pull myself away from it well i had to because of school and to eat and shower and my parents made me clean but the whole time it was with me.

~Love is a poison~
Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Notjustphysical wrote:

Theres a book i am reading now im not done yet but you dont have to bee done with a book to know its good.

Any ways its called Thirteen Reasons Why by: Jay Asher

-Its about a guy named Clay who one day recieves a box of tapes and later finds out they are from his deciesed friend Hannah but before she passed away she put down thirteen reasons why she did. But Caly isnt the only one to get them and he wont be the last through out the story secrets and truths are brough to the surface and Hannah wants all those that are the cause of her death to know her thoughts on it all, To know her which no one ever new. Through out the book you go on a journey with Clay to discover the connections between them all and all the places hannah have been and all the things shes seen.

This book is great its full of suspense and turns you didnt think would come. I couldnt pull myself away from it well i had to because of school and to eat and shower and my parents made me clean but the whole time it was with me.

Thanks for the recommendation and the great description, notjustphysical!

Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Your welcome any time:smileyhappy:

Its a good book i really think its a good book and Blue Is For Magic by Laurie Faria Stolarz and  The living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott.

~Love is a poison~
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

gosh 14 year old boys are really into sex arent they

Omg i go to skool with 14 year old boys EWWWWWWWW lol

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Yes, and 14 year old girls are really into romance, which makes the boys say "EWWWW" right back to them!  :smileyhappy: 

Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

I guess it is true girls mature faster then guys in curtain areas ahaha!

even when were younger but thats what happens girls learn how to be mothers with dolls and bakery sets and guys get trucks and actionfigures hahaha but hey ive played with action figures before there basically a guys version of dolls but with more gagets, guns, and cooler outfits. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!:smileyhappy:

tALK ABOUT fUN!

~Love is a poison~
New User
carry_burns
0 Kudos

That is a foolish choice of intrest for a 14 year old. you must first consider that not all 14 year olds think alike. The only reason for something like that is if the child is exposed to sexual context. Its sad to say our children are exposed at a tender age, so that is how they lose intrest in things there age, these things make them grow up to fast, which is why we have so much tennage pregnancy. What do you think about that?

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

Have you read the James poter books by G. Norman Lippert? Go to jamespoter.com and check them out!!!
Very good boks
Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

I noticed I made an error....go to jamespotter.com. check out the books from G. norman Lippert. They are awesome.