Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Kaley_T
0 Kudos

Looking for specific book recommendations

[ Edited ]

Ok... So I'm looking for a specific type of book...

-I like the Dessen books - I've read most of them.

-Love Twilight and the Imortal Series (but I'm not really looking for more supernatural books)

-I love the "teen romance" type books

so basically what I'd like is a teenish romance book with steam and no supernatural or deaths from one of the couples... recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. I like the happy endings!!!

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Re: Looking for specific book recommendations

There is the ultimate book recommendation list which has a lot of good books posted on there. As far as good romance goes most things out right now have some sort of paranormal theme. Here are a few nonparanormal teen romance books though.

This is a series that most people fall in love with..I know I did.

Perfect Chemistry

Rules of Attraction

Erin Haft has some cute stand alone books

Pool Boys

Meet Me at the Boardwalk  

Susane Colasanti also has some good fun romances

When It Happens

Take Me There

Waiting for You

Something Like Fate  

The Hunger Games is also an action/adventure series but there is a small romance going on in the sidelines.

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Series #2)

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3)

As far as anything else goes if you are old enough and want even steamier romances you could move from reading teen romance to reading adult romance. Historical and Contemporary romances are usually good.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
Kaley_T
0 Kudos

thanx!  I'm 22!  lol.

I have read Perfect Chemistry and really liked it so her other books are on my list... I just wasn't sure.  And I've heard about the hunger games but I wasn't sure if they were romancy like I would like.  And I love the Colasanti books and I plan on getting Take Me There and the new one.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

your welcome. I would say that if you need anymore help and would like to try adult romance books the ladies over at the romance thread will add so many books to your list. I know they have added so many books to my list its hard to keep up with them. :smileywink:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
Tenrbe
0 Kudos

You should try reading The Time Traveler's Wife. It has a lot of romance. I think you might really like it.

The Time Traveler's Wife

New User
BookLurver
0 Kudos

Ooh ooh pick me! -raises hand high-

Some awesome books are Maximum Ride, The Hunger Games, Kissed by an Angel (the titles corny but its good), The House of Night series, and ill probably think of some more later.

:smileywink:

I. Will. Write!...Sometime
Contributor
Kaley_T
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

have read Time Traveler and LOVE it!