New User
alisonchristine

Love & Romance

I'm looking for a new book to read, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

I'm looking for, more specifically, a good love story.

Anything with a happy ending.

I'm going to say now that I'm an avid reader, and I've already read a lot of the more common love stories that have been published in the last couple of years. So I'm looking for something a little more new...

<3

Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Re: Love & Romance

i know ur looking for something new but how about the classic romance novel with a twist

Jane Eyre by charlotte bronte it is so good and filled with unexpected twists and turns and one of my favorite books

Romiette and jUlio sharon draper

Night world series by LJ smith

Luxe series Anna godberson( kind of dramatic and soapera like)

Stargirl and sequel Jerry spinelli 

rebecca daphne du mauvier ( romantic suspense book also a classic and one of my personal faves)

wicked lovely series melissa marr

mortal instruments series cassandra clare

den of shadows series amelia atwater-rhodes

im really not  sure if all these are ur type of books but a lot my friends and I like them

Correspondent
pupdog96
0 Kudos

You should try reading the Twilight Saga if you haven't already! It is a mix of romance, mystery, and a lot of surprise!!!!!! I think it is amazing!!!!!:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:
“Instead of wishing you were someone else, be proud of who you are. You never know who has been looking at you wishing they were you.”
~unknown
New User
alisonchristine
0 Kudos

Too funny! You got exactly what I was asking for! I've already read Jane Eyre but I have Rebecca Daphne du Mauvier on a wishlist and Im in the middle of the Wicked Lovely series. I will most definately check out your other suggestions! Thank you so so much!

Frequent Contributor
LunaMoth
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

i dont read romance often (hardly ever!) but i love the book 'a whisper of wings' its diffrent then other books ive read and had me crying, smiling and i hated to have to give it to the library (i dont have room for books anymore) the end is happy (not the ending i would have picked) but its happy none-the-less. definatly one of my fav books.

note - its not strictly romance, there is magic and fighting and stuff too.

"And pleasant is the fairy land,
But, an eerie tale to tell" - Tam Lin
Contributor
ali_catt
0 Kudos

One of my favorite love stories is a book called Perfect Chemisry by Simone Elkeles. It isn't exactly new, but it came out this year. So if you didn't read it, I would give it a try.  :smileyhappy:

you make my headlights burst from witnessing your utter radiance
~K
Correspondent
Tenrbe
0 Kudos

I've been looking for the same kind of books. I'd recommend

- When It Happens

- Perfect Chemistry

- The Choice

- Hush, hush

- Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

- Impossible

New User
dreamer1006
0 Kudos

not sure if your still looking but some of my personal favorites are:

Fallen: lauren kate

The darkest powers series: kelley armstrong

The dark divine: bree despain

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I-I can't live without you, Luce. I love you. It matters not just to me, but. . . " He hesitated, then shook his head."Don't worry about any of that now. Only know that I will come for you.-fallen

hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

ali_catt wrote:

One of my favorite love stories is a book called Perfect Chemisry by Simone Elkeles. It isn't exactly new, but it came out this year. So if you didn't read it, I would give it a try.  :smileyhappy:

YES YES YES!!!! Read this book!!!! SOOOOO GREAT!!! LOL As you can probably tell I LOVE Perfect Chemistry. =D You should also read Rules of Attraction. It is also by Simone Elkeles and is about the guy in Perfect Chemistry's brother.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

perfect chemistry is great!!!!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Correspondent
southrnbella
0 Kudos

I might get booed for saying this but why do you want the "happily ever after" I mean some of the greatest love stories ever told do not have a happy ending but it is what happens during the story that is so grand. I mean yes it's tragic to see them die at the end for instance in Romeo and Juliet but their whole story is great.Shakespeare wrote some beautiful sonnets and poems. Also Wuthering Heights, not a happy ending but a beautiful story...and for modern day authors a few of Nicholas Sparks books leaving feeling good in the middle but crying in the end. And my all time favorite romance book is the bridges of madison county (though its not YA) it ends sadly but bittersweet...

So just idk remember every story doesnt have a happy ending...but its one hell of a good book..thats just my two cents

Peace n Page Turners
http://live2lovebooks.blogspot.com/
Contributor
Kaley_T
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I too look for the same.  I second what other people have said

Perfect Chemistry

Rules of Attraction  

I really liked these 2...

Leaving Paradise

Reading this next.

The Dessen books have some romance in them but not necessarily as much as I'd like... Could try the Susane Colasanti books... Just finished

Take Me There

this morning.

You can check out my shelf for more... Cuz I aim for the romanticy ones