Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Funk-Love
0 Kudos

MAXIMUM RIDE

I just started the max ride series and im now ready to start the fifth and final MAX... so anyone have any opinions tell me what you thought about the books I'd love to hear your opinion! i love to talk books, so hit me up!
the world is a huge ass mofo place, lets take advantage of it...

Inspired Contributor
Sarasvati
0 Kudos

Re: MAXIMUM RIDE

the series is really good. i love how james patterson has like a page or two per chapter it doesnt get borning ever.
Correspondent
Funk-Love
0 Kudos

Dont you love love love the sarcasm with max.... I swear i badmouthed my ma for a week after max... lolz

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

i'm actually reading the first one right now
step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

love the series but haven't read the last book yet. 
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

I'm on the 3rd one right now. and I LOVE this series. I love how a chapter is only 2 pages long, it makes it so easy to read!

I'm on the part where Max jump off the cliff after- well I don't want to give any thing away...

My fav charator is Iggie! I LOVE him!!!  :smileyhappy:

shoot for the

moon

even if you miss you'll land in the

stars

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Contributor
boosladi41
0 Kudos

I loved those books too.  i am going to but the protectors series and I am going to read MAX
BossLadi41
Contributor
hER-sHATTERED-wINGS
0 Kudos

They are amazing! Max is hilarious. lol i read the 1st 4 in about a week and then i had to wait for the last one which was horrible. it felt like it was taking forever for them to release it! but the last one was good and definitely worth the wait...
"wITH sHATTERED wINGS sHE fLEW, bLACK AND cRIMSON uPON hER bACK. sHE dREW iN A dEEP bREATH... AND LEAPT."
Correspondent
Funk-Love
0 Kudos

I like just HAD to vent because after reading the first four when your on the middle (pg.145) of MAX you just gotta vent and like it has been so amazing Has anyone ruined max & fang for you guys? :smileywink: im trying not to say anything for those who havent read it yet but im just curious...

New User
Trumppy2000
0 Kudos

MAXIMUM RIDE

SPOILERS...... 

Alright so I'm not complaining cause this was a super good book. I loved it! The only thing that I didn't like was that The Max fang relationship moved way to slow. The other thing is does anyone know anything about the movie? 

Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

wait, they're making a movie?? 
Correspondent
Funk-Love
0 Kudos

unfotunatley i do know about the movie and im strongly against it i tried to blog against it on catherine hardwickes site... no success. but it is being directed by catherine hardwicke and they do not have a cast yet but they do have a 2010 release date... :smileyindifferent:

Contributor
QueenofTrix
0 Kudos

I absolutely looove this seires! The only thing though is that I think the books kind of went down hill after the third book. The fourth and fifth just didn't seem to live up to the original trilogy. Maybe its because he concentrated more on saving the world from pollution rather then the life of the flock. I still love the books though and I'll keep reading them. Hopefully they'll return to there original glory.
Correspondent
Funk-Love
0 Kudos

i totally agree with you...

New User
1fangfan
0 Kudos

I love the Maximum Ride Series. I've been reading them for years. I can't wait for Angel to come out. Speaking of Angel am I the only one who doesn't like her to much. I mean ya sure she's alright but she's just a little......creepy. Just sayin. Anywho I love the Maximum Ride series.

New User
maridezomB
0 Kudos

I LOVE the series!!!! And I swear IM goanna marry iggy one day! But I dunno, they just kind of lost me after the third book with all the "global warming" lets save the penguins stuff.

But I love love love it!!!!

Conquer it like a bunny conquers a stack of carrots

:smileyhappy:

Contributor
naturalreader247

Fangfan i totally agree with you on angel. That little chick is a little freaky not to metion i would be seriousely annnoyed if she kept reading my mind all the time before i said anything. Man shes lucky she a cute little kid cause if she wasn't max would have kicked he butt to the curb. Though in the book max does sometimes think about kicking her butt lol.

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the posts on this series, because I had never even heard of it before.  I just finished the first one last night and I started the second tonight.  I love the concept, the fast pace, the random switches in the point of view and characters (some say they aren't developed enough, but I had a clear picture of each of them just from the first book).  I can't wait to read all the rest!  :robothappy:

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride Series #1)

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Correspondent
REXx
0 Kudos

Hey!!! Everyone!!! I think I might have found a guy to play fang for when they make the movie!!!! OK, I think that maybe Munro Chambers looks a lot like what I imagine Fang to look like, you know, from Degrassi??? If you don't know who I'm talking about then Google him, Google him right now and tell me!!!!! Tell me if you agree, or if you think I'm CRAZY!!:smileyvery-happy:

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Hmm I think he looks kinda like what I imagine Fang to look like, but not quite!

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller