Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

MLIAers?

I was just wondering if there were anyone else here who likes mylifeisaverage.com If you haven't tried it check it out. If you like it great if you don't fine! Doesn't matter, just curious.

There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
musicangirl
0 Kudos

Re: MLIAers?

lol hey Esme. Yes me and my sister are big at looking at mila. I haven't had time to check it lately though, Iwonder if my story of almost running over an elderly women got on there. ***going and checking***

~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

cool :smileyhappy: I don't recall anything about an old lady but then again I am pretty new. Best wishes though!

There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

Teehee. That Website was like made for me...oh the MLIA moments Ive had...ahaha some of you guys know how right i am... But yaa I love that site..*le sigh* makes my day...

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Correspondent
iluvhersheys_andbooks
0 Kudos

I have never heard of that website before. But I have heard of http://www.fmylife.com/ its really really funny the things people post on there. It is kind of like my life is average.

www.blackandblueink.blogspot.com ------- Funnest Place on Earth...well to me!!!
Frequent Contributor
AzazeL_bby
0 Kudos

haha...i was curious so i went and checked out the site. It's freakin hilarious! I'm supposed to be getting ready to leave soon but I just can't tear myself away from the screen!

“Well, you’ll have to wait til tomorrow. I’m out of commission.” (he points to his shirt) “Look. Jammies.”
-Jace

esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

I know! It is hilarious but yes...It does tend to steal your time from you like the thief it is.

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

i love mlia :smileyhappy:

"We could do pizza."
Frequent Contributor
AzazeL_bby
0 Kudos

today I decided to start at the end and read forward. Wow. It was boring. I'm waiting for it to get funny again. haha.

“Well, you’ll have to wait til tomorrow. I’m out of commission.” (he points to his shirt) “Look. Jammies.”
-Jace

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I am so glad you posted this you made my day mlia is the best website ever other than this one.

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

I know! Whenever one of my friends is in a bit of bad mood or just down I tell them and it makes 'em happier.

Frequent Contributor
bananasandGREENink
0 Kudos

i love mlia too!!!

mayb we could start posting our own mlias here

lol that would b funny

"Painting the roses red, and then a tear we'll shed. Because we know they'll seize to grow. Infact they'll soon be dead. And yet we go ahead, painting the roses red! Painting the roses red, we're painting the roses red.
*love alice in wonderland*
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

Hmm...maybe we should :smileyhappy: I have tried submitting a couple stories but they haven't been posted.

Frequent Contributor
bananasandGREENink
0 Kudos

we would hav to come up with a different name tho lol

that reminds me... i havnt gone on mlia in about a week

nows a good time lol

"Painting the roses red, and then a tear we'll shed. Because we know they'll seize to grow. Infact they'll soon be dead. And yet we go ahead, painting the roses red! Painting the roses red, we're painting the roses red.
Frequent Contributor
emma23
0 Kudos

i love mlia. its 1000000 times better than fml. yet i'm the only person in my class that likes it. the rest love fml.

Frequent Contributor
bananasandGREENink
0 Kudos

agreed...

its wayyy better than fml

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

nahh nothing beats mlia. fml fails epically.. its like something that should be on www.failblog.org or somehting.. hehe

"We could do pizza."
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Really? I like FML better. I like the IDEA of MLIA, because it's just awesome, but I hate how all the stories are the same. Over 50% involve

-Waldo

-Harry Potter

-Best. Day. Ever.

-I love my school.

-The look on his/her face was priceless.

-Without skipping a beat

-That's what she said

-I win.

-Pi

-Random things that happen in a supermarket/Walmart

Out of the thousands of stories, I say it's FAR too many which encompass those topics. I like the more average ones at the beginning, which actually were MLIAs.

I do enjoy reading www.averagecats.com

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Frequent Contributor
bananasandGREENink
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

o- i love cats and those are all so cute!

but i think that http://cleverbot.com/ beasts

its wicked random but i once had a three hour long conversation with it....

you just hav to start talking to it like you were im-ing or watever

its soo funny!!

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

a 3 hour conversation?

your life is average. lol :smileyvery-happy:

"We could do pizza."