Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

Martin Luther King Day

[ Edited ]

This is the remembrance of Martin Luther King Jr who would be turning 82 today. Us Americans have today off from school:smileyhappy:Although it is a sad reason:smileysad:.  Put a favorite quote or anything King related if you can. King died at 39.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Correspondent
esme_cullen24

Re: Martin Luther King Day

Not everybody had school off...:smileysad: but I really do appreciate the things he did for our country. Its hard to believe that when my parents were little there were segregated schools, bathrooms and even drinking fountains. Well, here are some quotes I found by him that I think are quite tremendous:

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars."

"We must live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

"If we do an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, we will be a blind and toothless nation."

There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

"The time is always right to do the right thing."  -Martin Luther King Jr.

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Beautiful Quote!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Correspondent
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

I agree :smileyhappy:

There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Yeah that and one of the ones that was already said are my two favorite of his.  The other one was, "Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."  -Martin Luther King Jr.

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/