Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
salander_9277
0 Kudos

Matched by Ally Condie

I searched but didn't see a thread on this book.  Did anyone else read this yet?  I love dystopian novels so I enjoyed this and am looking forward to the rest of the trilogy.

To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. ~W. Somerset Maugham

http://greatexpectationsbookreview.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
avalonpriestess
0 Kudos

Re: Matched by Ally Condie

I read this book before Christmas. Loved it!!  I'm a fan of dystopian novels.  I'm reading "The Uglies" now.

Donna

B&N Bookseller
Bonnie_W
0 Kudos

Matched was so good.  I really enjoyed it!  One of the best YA novels of 2010, imo.  I got to read an ARC of the first in Lauren Oliver's new trilogy, Delirium.  It's coming out on Feb. 1st, and I have to say--I liked it even BETTER than Matched...and I LOVED Matched.  You guys will have to read it! :smileyhappy:

http://abackwardsstory.blogspot.com for ideas on what to read next!
(Last author interviewed: Michelle Madow; Last book reviewed: CADET OF TILDOR; Giving away: CADET OF TILDOR until Jan 31! :smileyhappy:
Contributor
Livr
0 Kudos

I purchased Matched by accident when I first got my NookColor and I am really glad I did because I was glued to the book and finished it in two days.  I kind of got a little annoyed with Cassia though because I felt she and Xander were made for each other and that she should have forgot about Ky.  By as the story went on I started to really like Ky as well and could not make up my mind about which boy she should go with, I feel like in still conflicted even though she made her choice, did anyone else feel this way?

salander_9277

Bonnie_W wrote:

Matched was so good.  I really enjoyed it!  One of the best YA novels of 2010, imo.  I got to read an ARC of the first in Lauren Oliver's new trilogy, Delirium.  It's coming out on Feb. 1st, and I have to say--I liked it even BETTER than Matched...and I LOVED Matched.  You guys will have to read it! :smileyhappy:

Putting it on my list! 

Livr - I think I just understood that her heart was with Ky, he was who she thought about all the time, who she wanted to spend time with.  Xander was like a brother/close friend whom she felt comfortable with and cared deeply about but didn't feel a spark for.  I can also see that her relationship with Ky is "forbidden" so it's more thrilling as well.  

To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life. ~W. Somerset Maugham

http://greatexpectationsbookreview.blogspot.com
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

My friend let me borrow her copy and I'm really glad I read it! I love books like this and waiting for the 2nd one!

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Reader 2
Bonnie_the_book_lover

I just finished reading Matched and it was AMAZING!! LOVED it!! Better than the Uglies trilogy, in my opinion (though it does make a point against plastic surgery). And I felt like I could see how Cassia shifted between wanting to be with Xander and needing to be with Ky. I like watching the characters fall in love, and figuring out exactly what point they fell in love. It's more natural, more REAL.

BLUEICEGAL

It's pretty tough when it comes to choosing what is better, Delirium and Matched are both amazing reads in my opinion, definitely must reads!

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Matched was one of my favorite dystopian novels ever.  I cannot wait for the next one to come out.  Many compare it to the books by Lois Lowry, specifically The Giver, but I found enough differences to feel like I was reading a unique novel.  I also read Gathering Blue (a sister-novel to The Giver) right before Matched, so I can verify that they're unique enough to want to read both.  As far as dystopians from recent times, the only ones that can compare (in my opinion) are the Hunger Games series.  I am just finishing Mockingjay now, so I can recommend the entire series to anyone who liked Matched. 

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
ley2003grad
0 Kudos

I bought this book because the book club was reading it and I 'm really glad I did. At first I thought it was a little weird, but the more I got into the more I loved it. I do wish Cassia had gotten with Xavier instead of running to work...and we know she's going after Ky. I can't wait for Crossed.

Pages of Adventure
My blog ley2003.blogspot.com
Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

My least favorite thing about reading a good book that is new and the beginning of a series is that you have to wait soooooo long to read more.  I hated reading the Harry Potter series for that very reason, but at least Matched is only going to be a trilogy apparently. 

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/