Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

Me and Werewolfgirl....enjoy.

Okay this is another add on that me and my friend Werewolfgirl101 are going to do (like our add on about Kate and Jason if any of you saw that). So comments are appreciated but we'd like to just keep this 'add on' to ourselves if nobody minds. THANKS.

When Amanda walking into the room, I knew something was wrong. Her usually bright face was sinkien in, and her eyes held no light. She yawned at least twice on her way to our lunch table. Her golden hair was pulled back into a sloppy pony tail. The signs were all there. She hadn't gotten any sleep last night, due to her stranger power. The ability to live in her dreams, and sadly her nightmares. Her dreams are not normal, and she isnt exactly asleep during them. Amanda lives in her dreams, asleep and awake at the same time. it was hard to think it but she could actually die in her dreams. Take people who dream of falling off a cliff, they would just wake up screaming. But if Amanda had that dream and couldnt control her power, let's just say she wouldnt wake up at all. Amanda was like that. She was special. But so were all of us. Us, the teenagers who had our own different psychic abliliities.

step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101

Re: Me and Werewolfgirl....enjoy.

creepy ability haha

i think mine is original but ohwell haha

Amanda sat down in her chair and layed her head on the table. her eyes seemed to flutter but then they closed copletely and i could hear her ligt snore as she drifted slowly asleep. but she was soon awoken when she felt lindsey gradually lifting her up out of her chair. now the thing with lindsey, is she holds the gift of telekinesis, but she doesnt always use it like she should. Amanda soon walked up to the table dressed in her usual black outfit, with her piercings glistening from the small strip of light coming from the window. Amandas eyes flew open when she noticed she was inches off the ground. but that didnt seem to be the thing that caused her sudden jerk in movement. when lindsey saw this she dropped her immediately back into her chair and took the seat beside her. "Amanda, what happened? are you havin those nightmares again?" i couldnt stand to look at Amandas fear struck face. "Ethan, it was about you."

sry that its not so good but i havent written anything in awhile :smileyvery-happy:

lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hmm ok, but how come none can join... like isnt that abit rude? no offc but i havnt reli sin anyone do that up until now *shrugs* i mean i only join the odd ons when i see something that catches my eye, but wt if someone wnts to take part?, oh well its ur take anway  bye
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

I'm sorry if you think that's rude. It's just that my first post ever on here was an add on with Werewolfgirl and we kept that add on up forever, and we were pretty much the only ones to do it up until the end. And we just wanted to do that again. But i guess if it's okay with Werewolf girl then you could, but it's up to her, if she doesnt want any one to then i'd appreciate it if you didnt. also i did start another add on that you could join in.
step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

alright like i said its ur shot i just said it for anyone who wanted to join but felt they cudnt, nah it wasnt personal or anything, so if anyone feels like they wanna join thyell say it so yh i just said whatever i felt right then so its kool
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

thanks for bein so understanding :smileyvery-happy: and im soooooooooo sry

Message Edited by WerewolfGirl101 on 07-19-2009 05:15 PM
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody! We love you!

I restrained myself from showing emotion, not letting fear overtake my visage. Amanda's dream about me obviously wasn't a good one. But I couldnt be scared. I had to show courage for my team. They needed me to be a strong leader. Without me to guide them, and protect them, they'd just be the school freaks. I looked around blankly at my team of teenage psychic paranormal investigators. Amanda, Jaycie, Carson, Jason, and Lindsey. These people were extraordinary. Normal people always make up ubsurd stories about  vampires, witches, werewolves, you name it. But in reality it's people like us. People with extra abiliies. They were powerful people, but without a leader they're done for. That's why they needed me. But how could i be there for them if Amanda's dream came true?

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101

i replied in an insecure tone "what happened to me in your dream?" she looked down at the pasty potato on her tray and i saw a tear trickle down her cheek. "you can tell me, its okay." i reached across the table and tilted her chin up and looked in to her glistening blue eyes. "its horrible Ethan." i wiped away at a tear running down her right cheek before it reached her chin. "(virosus?? it means poisonous idk haha) was there" a shutter of fear ran down my spine at the mere mention of her name. "you, you were on the mountain that we all first met. the mountain that brought us all together. but you, you were laying there..unconcious. i couldnt tell if you were still breathing. but virosus was standing there, with her luminous smile as she conversed with the shadowy sky above. i couldnt understand what she was saying or what she was speaking but i know it wasnt good."

how is it?? tell the truth haha :smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

VERY GOOD!!

I hit the table with my fist, and everyone jumped at my sudden anger. Virosus was the most disgusting, putrid, vile thing on the planet. I had first met her at the mountain. The same day I met everyone there. The spirit queen had called us. The seven most powerful psychic teenagers in the world. We formed a group, a team dedicated to ridding the mortal world of evil ghosts. But Virosus had other ideas. She turned against us two years later, coverting to the dark entity that fights against us. And the worst part was, she was my best friend. We were the leaders, working together. Now she's our worst enemy. I looked up at Jaycie's face. I didnt have to know she had a look of pure malice in her eyes. Jaycie had it the worst with Virosus, because Jaycie's what we call a 'host'. The power she holds is really a curse, like the rest of us. Jaycie can be possessed by spirits. It helps in investigations, because we can figure out all kinds of things about the spirits. but it's hell on her. on the outside Jaycie looks like she's ten, she's cute, and fairieish. but on the inside she's tortured. In our last big rumble with Virosus, she caputred Jaycie and forced her to be possessed over and over. It was horrible.  And that's why i hate Virosus the most. Because Jaycie used to be the girl i loved. but now, there was nothing but darkness, and void inside of her, all because of Virosus.

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

Jacies tilted her head back up so she could see all of our fearstruck faces "how can we stop this from happening?" she asked her voice quivering as she spoke over all the mixed emotions she was feeling inside. we were all silent and i think jaycie got that none of us had a clue. it was weird because Amanda had never had a dream about us before. and this was the first time she had dreamed about virosus since the last time we saw her. we all jumped in our seats when we heard the piercing sound of the bell. "After school, my house." i notified them and we all picked up our books and went to our next class.

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

When the final bell rang I met up with Jaycie. I walked with her every day when she was my girlfriend. Now i do it because i feel like I owe it to her. It eats at my heart everyday. She used to be so fun, and full of light. And now she barely spoke, and it was my fault. I should have stopped Virosus sooner. I should have fought harder to protect Jaycie. When we met in front of the schook she still look scared out of her mind. "Hey." I said as we fell into step towards my house. She just nodded at me. As we walked i was dying to say something. i missed talking to her so much. And i wondered all the time what she was thinking. if she even thought anymore. And if so, did she think of me? Her shiny black hair was cut short, just above her shoulders. her face was made up with sparkly eyeshadow, and mascara. If i didnt know her, i'd think she was just shy. She still looked my Jaycie, but my Jaycie wasnt on the inside. "Jaycie?" She looked at me waiting for the question. "Do you still think about me? About us?" SHe stared for a second, then just shrugged. I could rip the sidewalk off with the amount of frstration i had. "Please Jaycie, I really need to know." I stopped and put a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me with those big green eyes, and looked as if she were really going to talk. maybe even hug me. but then she turned her face away and said "it doesnt matter." I picked up my walk again and pretended not to see the wet spots on the pavement.
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101

had she been crying? and if so, why? was something going on with her that i didnt know about? i ran up to her side. we were walking faster than usual. usually we would take our sweet time as i walked her home so that we could talk. i loved talking to her. she always put a smile on my face every time. even when my dad had died. when my dad had died it was as if a part of me had been ripped out, but she helped me get through it. she always made the days that i dreaded most, the days that i loved the most. but now, she was different. she wasnt the same jaycie that i had known. "jaycie whats going on?" she sped up her pace. "jaycie!" i yelled and she turned around to look at me with her puffy red eyes and her makeup smeared all over her face. "it doesnt matter! just leave me alone!" she screamed at me and then ran across the street. i chased after her as confusion ran through my head. what was going on? she had never been like this before. i wastched her as she ran up the hill that was behind the school. she disappeared into the forrest. i didnt slow down but did wonder if i should give her some space. but no. i had to follow her. at least to make sure she was safe.
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

I flipped open my phone and dialed Carson's number. He was my right hand man. Even though that spot was rightfully Jaycies. She was co-leader after Virosus left. Now it was Carson, the pyro. "What's up?" Carson answered on the first ring. "It's Jaycie, she ran into the woods because she's upset. I'm going to get her. When the gang get's to my house, come after us." "Sure thing boss." then the line went dead. I stuffed my phone back in my pocket and started jogging through the woods, calling Jaycie's name over and over. The sun was starting to set slightly, the trees took on a tint of pink and orange. I had to find Jaycie quick. Because she was absolutely terrified of the dark. She would go completely berserk if she were out here when the sun went down.

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
she was no where in sight and i was becoming more and more worried of what was going on. suddenly, i heard sobbing coming from just ahead. i followed the noise until i came across jaycie sitting on a fallen tree where her face was dug into her palms. i went over and stood in front of her. "jaycie, please. what is going on? youve never been like this before." she slowly began to tilt her head so that she could, not look into my eyes, but look behind me. "i have been having these strange visions for awhile now. and Amandas nightmare sounded just like a vision i had yesterday." this was all so confusing. could jaycie see the future? "the first vision i had was when your father died. i thought nothing of it cause i just thought i had zoned out or something. but later that day, i got a call from you saying your dad had died." she paused to wipe at a tear on her cheek. "every vision ive had has come true, Ethan. i dont want to lose you." i ran and sat down beside her and wrapped her in my arms. she curled into my shoulder and began to cry more than she had yet. "jaycie, lets go to my house and we'll all sort this out there." i grabbed her and pulled her along side me as i stood up. i felt tear trickle down my cheek as we began walking to my house.
Message Edited by WerewolfGirl101 on 07-23-2009 05:33 PM
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

The rest of the gang met us when we were just turning down my street. By that time I was carrying Jaycie, she had passesed out from all the stress she was having. And of course when Lindsey saw, she flipped. Lindsey is like the mom of the group. she always takes care of us, and she the one who worries the most. I know it's a bit much, but she even carries around a tiny first aid kit. So when she say Jaycie all zonked out, she went in to mom-mode. "Oh my god!" Lindsey pushed past everyone and took Jaycie from my arms. She pulled a water bottle out of her back pack, and sprinkled water across Jaycies pale face. As Jaycie started to wake up Lindsey made her drink more of the water. "Jaycie, waht were you thinking running off in the woods like that?!" Jaycie just shrugged, and it sent a pang down my spine. Then Lindsey put her palm across Jaycies forehead, and used her power. Lindsey had an awesome ability, she could take a person's memory, and show the person what good or bad  came out of that situation. It was great use in investigations. it makes spirits see what they've done and why they should leave the mortal world. I guess Lindsey was showing Jaycie how much her adventure scared everyone. Man, sometimes i could just kiss Lindsey for the good she does. It's because of her that Jaycie has any humanity left at all.
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

Just realized I messed up my last post. I'll change it to fit. LOL

The rest of the gang met us when we were just turning down my street. By that time i was carrying Jayce, she had passed out from all the emotional stress she was having. And of course when Jason saw, he flipped. Jason is like the Dad of the group. he always takes care of us, and he is the one who worries the most. so when he saw Jaycie all zonked out, he went into dad mode. "Oh my god!" He pushed past everyone and took Jaycie from my arms. He pulled a bottle of water out of his backpack, and sprinkled it on Jaycie's pale face. as she started to wake up Jason made her drink the rest of the bottle. "Jace, what were you thinking running off in the woods like that!?" Jaycie just shrugged, and it sent a pang down my spine. Then Jason put a plam across Jaycie's forehead, and used her power. Jason had an awesome ability, he could take a persons memory, and show the person what good or bad came out of the situation. it was great use in our investigations. it makes spirtis see what they've done and why they should leave this world. i guess Jason was showing Jace how much her little adeventure scared everyone. Man, sometimes i could just kiss Jason. It's because of him that Jaycie has any jumanity left at all.

Kyleigh

Hey I know that this is just supposed to be for you two, but I really like what you guys have written and I was wondering if it would be ok with you guys if I added on.  No biggy if you just want to keep it to yourselves.  I just really like it and have a few ideas.  ^.^
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

I think it'd be fine. This add on has been kinda slow, so i say go on ahead.
Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

i have no problem with it cuz i cant seem to think of what to write (thats why i havent added on yet haha) but yeah thats fine!! haha

Kyleigh

Jaycie stood up slowly, with Jason supporting her.  She waved him away impatiently.  I let out a sigh of relief.  I hadn't realized I'd been holding my breath.  Jaycie meant the world to me.  Seeing her suffer like this, especially over me, was something I didn't think I could deal with. 

"Come on guys, let's get to Ethan's house," said Amanda stepping forward.  She was playing with the many silver rings on her fingers nervously.  Her way of easing her worry.  I was just about ready to start towards my house when Amanda's eyes suddenly went wide.  She gasped as her eyes glazed over.  She doubled over and collapsed onto the sidewalk as if she had been punched in the stomach.  

"Amanda!" I shouted rushing towards her.  Her silvery blonde hair was covering her face as she laid on the ground.  Everyone crowded in after me.  Amanda rolled over, tears running down her face in black rivulets from her mascara.  

"Oh God," she whimpered, terrified.  

"What was that?" I asked in horror.  

"My visions are getting stronger," she whispered, "more violent.  It's enough for me to just be tired for them to break through onto this plane."  

"What did you see?" I asked, trying to break through her terror.  She looked me straight in the eye, her gaze penetrating me like ice.  

"You," she whispered.  

(You don't have to use it if you don't want to. Lol.  Just throwing it out there) 

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."