Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
BrooklynsMom09
0 Kudos

Midnight Sun

I keep hearing that there's another Twilight book coming out...when is this supposed to be happening? What is it going to be about?

Correspondent
Funk-Love
0 Kudos

Re: Midnight Sun

if you go on meyers website from well last year she said she wasnt going to be making midnight sun  because her heart wasnt in it anymore and she put a partial draft up on the net... because she was tired of ppl trying to get to it and well yea...
the world is a huge ass mofo place, lets take advantage of it...

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

i'm mad that she's not writing it!

I was looking foward to reading the story from Edward's POV!

'...fear is the heart of love...'

DCFC

'i will follow you into the dark'

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

I think we all need to complain alot to stephenie because i think we all really want that book to be published ! we need to form a protest ! lol
" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

OK, my best friend, Kate 9aka silvermist24s_bestbuddy), told me that she's not going to make it because she's so upset. But she is gonna write a book about Alice and her visions instead. But that's just what kate told me. and her sister told her....
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

told you what...?

'...fear is the heart of love...'

DCFC

'I will follow you into the dark'

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Frequent Contributor
michaela27
0 Kudos

She was writing it but decided not to anymore (at least for now) because someone leaked what she had written so far and she was upset by that. If you go to her website it says everything about it and has a partial draft.
New User
chocolatecm
0 Kudos

hey i wish midnight sun was coming but im over it now but the host was awesome and i hjope she writes the seeker and the soul

PS: have you guys heard about robert pattinson getting hit by a taxi running away from fans...... man i  am glad i am not a celebrity it sounds HORRIBLE!

Frequent Contributor
-lookaftermyheart-
0 Kudos

Actually Stephanie Meyer said she may complete it or she may not. She said that she's upset that someone she trusted had leaked it

Inspired Contributor
KaylaNicole_MusicLover
0 Kudos

I think she should have gotten over it a long time ago. At this point i dont really know if i even want to read it anymore. with all the pandemonium about the whole thing, i have lost a lot of my love for the series. i think she may have lost some of her audience for taking such a long time. she needs to grow up and write it. moping isnt going to get her anywhere.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

yeah i heard she is upset too thats why she wont write; i agree she probably is losing fans...

the same thing happened to me too, with all the craziness I started to think less of the series...

& thats crazy he got it by a cab! I feel bad for the guy!

----------------------------------------------
Frequent Contributor
Serenity_
0 Kudos

Actually I heard she is no longer mad about what happened, and she will eventually get back to writing Midnight Sun when she feels inspired to start it up again.  No one should expect her to just sit down finish writing something because her fans are mad at her. That will only make it harder for to want to write it.  Writing is a process that should not be rushed.

"There is no great writing, only great rewriting."
-Justice Brandeis
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Serenity_ wrote:

Actually I heard she is no longer mad about what happened, and she will eventually get back to writing Midnight Sun when she feels inspired to start it up again.  No one should expect her to just sit down finish writing something because her fans are mad at her. That will only make it harder for to want to write it.  Writing is a process that should not be rushed.

I totally agree =)

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Frequent Contributor
-lookaftermyheart-
0 Kudos

actually Stephanie Meyer said that she's putting Midnight Sun on the back burner for now, because she is upset about it being leaked. I would be upset too, if someone I trusted just gave the whole web my personal writings, wouldn't you? And I've heard from some people in the book publishing business that she might be finishing it up. So I'm going to cross my fingers. I would love to have it in Edwards perspective for a change and see how he felt. And I'm guessing its going to be more detailed and longer than Bella's perspective. 

Frequent Contributor
Jess25
0 Kudos

I just want to say that she is not losing a fan in me. I love the way Stephenie Meyer writes and I loved The twilight saga and The host I would be devastated if something I was writing got leaked to the internet. Hopefully whatever she is doing now will please us all