Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Miley Cyrus

What's your opinion on the teen pop sensation? Personally I think she's a waste of millions of dollars...
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Wordsmith
twilightfann
0 Kudos

Re: Miley Cyrus

Thank you! Finally someone else who thinks that, lol. I just don't think she's very talented. It seems to me like Disney is making all of these teen singers famous, but none of them are all that great. I mean, don't get me wrong, they have some talent but there are people out there who are a LOT better than them.
The persons of their world lived in an atmosphere of faint implications and pale delicacies, and the fact that he and she understood each other without a word seemed to the young man to bring them nearer than any explanation would have done.
-The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

yeah. she's okay. But she's like tryin' to be all rock-pop. um. like no.

I would say to her. "Stick with ur Disney Channel friend,  you wanna be!" 

pain is inevitable. suffering is optional.
Inspired Contributor
winterrain
0 Kudos

well i do like seven things by Miley Cyres (or how every you spelled) but other wise yeah I really don't like their music.
" Laugh, Cry it's all good."
Frequent Contributor
twilightislove
0 Kudos

i have like like 3 of her songs, but i hateee her, she was sweet when she wasn't so famous, but now you can tell she thinks she is all that. I think its wayy funny how perezhilton calls her slutty cyrus
"im perfectly capable of driving myself home!" - bella
"of course she was but i wasnt capable of letting her go"- edward
-midnight sun
xoxo
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation

Some of her songs can be pretty catchy if you ask me. I don't know her personally, just what the media shows of her. So I try not to judge her by who the media makes her out to be. She's only like 16. She still has time to grow up and stuff.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

Even though I don't like her music, she probably is a nice person. I just hope she doesn't turn into the next Britney Spears!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

shesaxsensation wrote:
Some of her songs can be pretty catchy if you ask me. I don't know her personally, just what the media shows of her. So I try not to judge her by who the media makes her out to be. She's only like 16. She still has time to grow up and stuff.

the question is "will she ever grow up"

You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Wordsmith
Arielle

_K3LS3Y_ wrote:

shesaxsensation wrote:

the question is "will she ever grow up"

I dont think thats the right question, I think it is "will you let her grow up". She is young and just doing what she loves. Sure she can be annoying but I think she just knows what she wants in life and isnt afraid to try it, even when she knows there are going to be millions of people out there who dont like her. 

Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Yeah I kind of feel bad for her. Or for any celebrity of that matter. It must be really hard to have people follow your every move. She's a teenager, teenagers do stupid things. For example, the risque pictures, a stupid thing. But I think people forget that she is still a teenager.

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Wordsmith
Arielle
0 Kudos

Yeah. I mean look at how much pressure people put on her [and other celebs]. I bet that anyone of us wouldnt be the same we are now, if we got famous. We would be starstruck and totally out of our comfort zones. We would do stupid things. I think we should just leave them all alone. Some do it for attention, but others dont yet they get attention anyway and they didnt want it in the first place. 
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover
0 Kudos

I just have a problem with her parents. Like letting her boyfriend live with them. I dont really know if there realationship is to much for a teenager but it just seems like the parents are to leintent.(think i spelled it wrong)

Did you guys see she just made a new movie that is going to come out.

"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob
0 Kudos

I agree with bella_swan_lover! Isn't her boyfriend 20 something (They make fun of her on the Soup!) And she's 16! I just think that's a little freaky and the fact it's a felony! He he he! I got that from the Soup!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Contributor
littlelotte143
0 Kudos

i agree she's telented but she not THAT amazing.. ill admit i watch the show when theres nothing else on n i like a few of her songs but to put her face on just random things like cookies and chairs (idk its all at target lol) is a little over board.. n the wig creeps me out lol
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
~William Shakespeare
Frequent Contributor
marisab20
0 Kudos

yea she can be annoying but she is a better singer than i am. plus i think its cool that she writes her own songs. i like when artists do that, like taylor swift. it shows that they are really into what they do.

i heard she had a 20 year old boyfriend but i didnt know he lived with them. wouldnt you get really annoyed if u where with ur boyfriend all the time??? thats queer

You know you love me,
Marisa
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

I heard it was just a rumor that they're living together. I saw in a magazine that Miley and her mom were helping Miley's boyfriend move into an apartment.

- Edward Cullen
New User
chicagokidd
0 Kudos

I'm exactly like that too!!! I was born on friday the thirteenth and my friends jokes that, that is why it is an unlucky day, because I came into the world on that day!! But anyway I hate Miley Cyrus!!! She has some okay songs but honestly I mean come on could someone really be that fake!!!! She is soooo annoying and some people say it is just the pressure of being famous.. well that is crap (pardon my french)!!! There are soooo many other famous people that are level-headed, normal, not stuck up brats!!!! I'm sorry but I just flat out can't stand her!!

By the way I love twilight too!!! It is like my life, it is what I live for!

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

Hey chicagokidd

That's two things we have in common! We both hate Miley and we're both from Chicago. Welcome to the boards.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Frequent Contributor
alllyyx0
0 Kudos

Uhm .. all you guys are CRAZZZZZYY !

i love miley cyrus/ hannah montana .. no homo ,, lmao*

but think what you want .. i mean she is a tad slutty but who in the meddiia isnt these dayyss ,,, cut her some slack yo (:

Inspired Wordsmith
silverwings
0 Kudos

There's only one thing I like in Miley Cirus-her clothes and that's all. The rest of her I hate. I hate her voice (not just her singing voice), i hate her acting, I hate her wig (ugh, why does she have to wear that thing?) and I mostly hate her movie (hannah montana)!
"I'm asleep, but that doesn't mean I'm awake."