Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Re: Movie talk!

kierstinlerman wrote:

yeah, my fav movies are...

1. percy jackson

2. avatar

3. the number 23

4. angus, thongs, and perfect snogging :smileyhappy:

5. law abiding citizen 

Law Abiding Citizen was really good. It was a guy movie worth seeing. I always hate all of those dumb guy movies where the comedy is so stupid that it makes you wonder who the hell came up with that crap. But I like action guy movies. :smileyhappy:

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
kierstinlerman
0 Kudos

AGREED! 

And while everyone is rambling on about the Tiger Woods scandal. i'm just thinking who the hell names their kid Tiger? (:
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Omg I know right?!  I liked the version where she just came up the stairs with a knife in her hand and blood all over her and then slit her own throat in front of the camera.  Though the one where she like ate the camera scared the crap out of me.  O.O  

Omg.  I'm watching The Rocker right now.  It is so hilarious.  :smileyvery-happy:  Plus Teddy Geiger is in it.  And he is just so pretty that I can overlook the horrible faces the old guy makes.  Lolz.  HAHAHAHA!  Omg.  :smileyvery-happy:  This movie is the perfect combination of cheesiness, awesome music, and humor.  Ah Teddy Geiger.....

My mom actually loves scary movies.  She watches them with me all the time.  Plus she gives me good recomendations on the classics.  :smileyvery-happy:

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Has anyone saw Stepfather, yet? I just watched it again and it's kinda weird and funny. (I laugh when people die. I know I am a bad person =(). If you have watched it already did you like it? Oh and I totally agree about the man action movie thing and when she cut her throst lol nasty sh*t. xD

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Contributor
kierstinlerman
0 Kudos

haha! i saw stepfather.&& it s'kay. i laugh tooo! :smileyvery-happy:

And while everyone is rambling on about the Tiger Woods scandal. i'm just thinking who the hell names their kid Tiger? (:
Correspondent
b00kwerm

Kyleigh wrote:

OMG!  HAve you seen Shutter??? I predicted that WHOLE MOVIE!  No joke!  I was going "Ope... she's going to kill that dude first."  and "She's going to be in the reflection of that picture on the wall."  And where the guy is like cutting up all those pictures with the razor?  My friend leaned over and asked me "What is he doing?"  and I replied "He's cutting up confetti so he can throw it when he dives off the balcony." Sure enough,.... what happens?  He dives off the balcony.  I laughed.

I hated Shutter. Then again I hate all scary/horror movies. Even though the movie was totally predictable, I was still scared. And I watched it in broad daylight in my den.  I was soo freaked out. Then my brother made me watch Mirrors. I couldn't look in the mirror for TWO DAYS!!! Good thing I know how to fix my hair without one.

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

HAHAHA!  Mirrors was good until it was all like "she's an evil demon possessed creature who will kill you all if the demons travel through the portal!"  I was just like "rolls eyes".  It would have been way better if everyone had died and he couldn't stop them.  :smileyvery-happy:  I hate hope in scary movies.  I mean come on, utter despair and hopelessness would have been way creepier. 

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Agree! lol Mirrors was a okay movie and it is one of those types of movies I wanna see again but one I really dont want to see again that I havent see since I was like 6 was children of the corn lol I think because I was so young it affected me more then the other movies but srsly I wouldnt sleep for I think 2 weeks and I was only 6 haha but I have to say I do like horror movies much much better then when I was a kid. Oh and I heard of this movie coming out called Black Waters of the echo's pond? What's that about?

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

:smileysad: Sadly I don't know any of these movies because I dont watch horror or scary movies. I'm more of a chick flick girl or an action packed guy movie. But I hope you all have fun with your horror flicks

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Never heard of it..... sounds interesting though.  Hmmm.  I just wish they'd make a decent horror movie.  They either remake an old one or make crappy ones based off of "real stories"   puh-lease

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Kyleigh wrote:

Never heard of it..... sounds interesting though.  Hmmm.  I just wish they'd make a decent horror movie.  They either remake an old one or make crappy ones based off of "real stories"   puh-lease

I know srsly it's getting annoying lol And how many of Halloween or Saw movies will there be? I mean really we know blah blah blah some guy comes kills people and comes back again. It's getting old! lol My cousin and I were making fun of those movies one day saying like there will probably be a 20 saw when we are 35 xD

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Isn't Saw like contracted for about 20 something movies?  More perhaps?  Lolz.  I love watching Saw.   It's just so horribly cheasy.  I loved Saw 5 and the pendulum of death at the beginning.  My friend was hiding in my shoulder that whole scene and I was just like "WAHAHAHAHA!  Pit and the Pendulum!"  Bring on the rats and the moving room!  :smileytongue:

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Yeah I did the same thing on Saw 5! xD I also just saw Saw 6 again with my cousin yesterday and I was totally laughing at her when she jumped everytime something bad happened. Funny! xD

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Ah man!  I haven't seen 6 yet!  Actually I've only seen bits of 1,2, and 3 and all of 5.  :smileytongue: 

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

haha o well that's cool xD for me Saw 6 is the best out of all of them so far xD

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Ah man!  Now I really want to see it!

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

Lexa555 wrote:

I'm more of a chick flick girl or an action packed guy movie.

I usually watch movies with romance or ones that make me cry. Action movies are ok.

I don't watch horror movies of my own free will. My brother or some other relative usually starts watching it, and by the time I figure out it's scary, I'm too afraid to leave the room by myself. lol

New User
xTRIGGER092x
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have so many favorite movies that it would take about an hour to list, so I'll just say I have a lot. Most of them fall into the drama category, but I like comedy, action, and some horror and musicals.

My favorite actors are Leo DiCaprio, George Clooney, and Brad Pitt. I don't really have a favorite actress, but I might have one soon, because I recently saw An Education, starring Carey Mulligan, and she did a terrific job in her role.

As for the movies mentioned in this thread, I haven't seen Clash of the Titans, and after all the bad reviews and mixed-to-negative word of mouth, I have no intention to. The 3D was really bad too, apparently. Instead, I saw How to Train Your Dragon in 3D, and so far, it's my second favorite film of the year next to Shutter Island. Also, I rented Law Abiding Citizen recently, and I enjoyed that pretty well. It was completely ridiculous and goofy, but I found it to be an entertaining little romp.

As for Saw, I love those movies. I normally stick to critically acclaimed films, but I find them to be one of the more clever and entertaining horror films out recently. Only one other horror film tops them: a little Halloween-themed movie called Trick 'r Treat. It might not be the right time to watch it now, but I highly recommend watching it come October.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Whoa you guys are crazy & make me feel like a baby! ahhha

i saw the Unborn in theaters with my friends, and half the time i wanted throw up, & i spent most of the movie behind my friends shoulder haha.

So that same friend lovesss horror movies and she says you just gotta laugh it off, and so now when the new Nightmare on Elm Street comes out, we are going to watch and i will try to laugh. haha i think i could handle it, but i will probably have a ton of freaky nightmares for weeks.

i saw clash of the titans saturday, and i thought it was really good. The 3D was ehh but the movie itself was pretty entertaining. Someone on here posted, sorry i forgot who, that didn't Andromeda get perceived as blonde? haha when i saw the movie i thought the same thing, just because the movie from the 80's had her blonde & all the pics make her blonde, but the Andromeda in this movie was much...stronger you could say. Less fragile. But really, i didn't care what color her hair was :smileytongue:

Has anyone seen Zombieland? Love that movie! the actors and actresses are so great! plus the movie was hilarious(:

----------------------------------------------
Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

Zombieland was good. Super funny!!! =] I was the one who made the Andromeda hair color comment. She did seem stronger, and I don't think it was because of her hair color.