Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Re: Movie talk!

OMG!  I LOVE Zombieland!  Funniest most brilliant movie ever!  I think I've rented it 3 times!  The first time I saw it, like I immediately caught on to the rules.  As soon as the zombie flew through the window I shouted "DOUBLE TAP!" and I fell in love.  :smileyvery-happy: 

I can't BELIEVE they're remaking NIghtmare.  Just watch the original, then you won't be afriad.  It looks like an exact copy of the original.  Just better.  :smileyvery-happy:   Omg.  I watched like the first 3 minutes of the Unborn and was like "Okay... this is too Donnie Darko for me" and changed it. 

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

haha I watched a trailer of Unborn and thought it was really stupid. It seemed more like the twin brother was trying to kill her then try to help her. Really stupid, but I can't wait for Nightmare on Elm Street to come back out. I love Freddy and always will xD!  Oh and Zombieland made me lmfao! One of the funniest movies ever! Another really really funny movie was Cloudy with a chance of meat balls. Now I know it's a kids movie but at one part I laughed so hard it made me fall to the ground literally xD. It was when the sky was snow icecream and the scientist started shooting people with icecream balls and then suddenly went inside and shot random people out of no where lol like a old lady and a little girl and boy HAHA! it's made me laugh so hard when he hit the man in the chair and the man spun around in his chair and then fell down on the floor, with his eyes open looking like he was dead, but he only got hit my a icecream snow ball xD hahaha! So does anyone else like funny movies? I really hate funny movies that make it seem icky and all not that funny to kids but only to adults lol idk why.

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I adore funny movies!  I LOVE Mel Brooks.  Like you have no idea.  Robin Hood Men in Tights,  Dracula Dead and Loving it, Blazing Saddles, Space Balls, and Young Frankenstein are my favorites.  :smileyvery-happy:  Hot Fuzz too!  OMG!  I love SImon Pegg!  So yes I adore kids movies too!  I love Disney movies (the old time ones) and Princess and the Frog is amazing!  Pixar and Dreamworks movies rock too.  :smileyvery-happy:  Has anyone heard that there is going to be a Shrek 4?  I kind of feel like their beating a dead horse.  Anybody else think so?

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Haha when i rented that movie, Zombieland, i was screaming all the rules and just really wanted to through a twinkie at the poor guy! Ahaha(:

Funny Movies are the way to go, cause you will either laugh because it's really catchy and up too date, or you will just laugh at the bad, raw cheesiness(:

I love the classic Disney movies(: Grew up with those; Beauty and the Beast, Jungle Book, Lion King, Bed Knobs and Broomsticks.

& I head of the Shrek four too...probably wont watch it unless one of my really little cousins bring it. I can't resist their pouts.

----------------------------------------------
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

lol Same here! I love Disney movies too! =D For me I grew up and still are growing up with Disney. For my family and I we go to DisneyWorld almost every year or maybe even twice. So yeah my parents are a little obsessed xD. Princess and the frog was awesome but I don't really think it will become a classic like the other old Disney movies. I might be wrong but it seems like it's going to die down soon. Oh and there will be a new Disney princess movie coming out soon and Cars 2. There also will be so many other movies too but those are the two that really shocked me when I last went to Disneyworld.  Oh and there is going to be a Sherk 4 O= I had no idea! I love Donkey =D "I'm all alone. No one is here beside me. My troubles are all gone. No one here to surprise me!!! But you gotta have a best friend!!!" -Donkey. lol Funny as hell xD

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

I adore Donkey!  And Dragon of course.  :smileytongue:  Shrek is seriously one of my all time favorite movies.  Excluding the third one that is.  That one kind of sucked.  I love The Incredibles and Madagascar and all of that good stuff as well.  Hahaha. 

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

Hahaha i like Puss in Boots(; & Gingy& the Three Blind Mice ahha

I love Toy Story& i cant wait to see the 3rd! Andy going to college...he kept his toys for a while!

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I know right! I would have never thought he would keep those toys for that long! Maybe something amazing will happen and Andy will still have them lol. I love Litttle Mermaid! That's my favorite princess movie from Disney, but my favorite favorite Disney movie is Pirates of the Caribbean lol Jack Sparrow rocks! xD Oh and I just watched Zombieland again hahaha! funny funny funny! I think my favorite part was when Tallahassee shot all those zombies that was amazing! Or when I saw the zombie clown ha or or or when the little girl found the ring and got like over $400 dollars. lol funny funny funny!

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Dude, there are so many funny parts in Zombieland I can't even begin to list them.  I think one of my favorites though was when Tallahassee hit the zombie with the banjo after playing it.  Greatest thing ever.  Or the Hostess truck.  Or "Thank God for rednecks"  Tehee!  Omg.  If he wasn't so ugly I would marry him! 

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Haha Same here! xD I also love when they started to break all those things in the store! funny funny! Oh and I just watched Vampire Assitaint =P It was really good and nothing like stupid Twilight. So is there any other funny horror movies out? Or just really awesome horror movies that just came on Demand? Cause I would love to watched them like now xD

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

If you watch Paranormal Activity alone, in the dark, or basement it is truly terrifying.  Omg.  Scared me so bad.  Uhm.... good scary movies...... hmmmm sorry can't help you out.  Any horror movies I can think of are either bad remakes of good japanese or chinese films or they're remakes anyway.  Nobody can freakin do decent horror anymore.  :/ 

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i love in Zombieland when they shoot Bill Murray. I was cracking up!

& I havent seen paranormal activity yet, but im still a little...nervous about it haha. Imma big chicken with just horror movies Lol idk why

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

I just watched Finally Destination and it was really stupid. I always hated finally destination movies! In the end they all still die! lol It makes me laugh haha I am a bad person =(

xD

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Omg I love Final Destination movies!  It's just entertaining to watch all the inventive ways that you can die!  Head caught in an elevator, sliced in half by a barbed wire fence, tanning booth death bed, escaltors... the list just goes on and on!  Lolz. 

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

haha lolz! I really do think the funniest and weirdest ways they die was getting thrown off a roller coaster and falling to the ground or getting a race car wheel come flying towards you and letting it knock your head off xD

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Lolz or having a railroad magically send a piece of sheet metal and it slices off your head!  XD

Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

have any of you seen ferris buellers day off? thats a funny movie

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

I love all the classic 80's movies(:

My favorite is Breakfast Club

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

I'm going back to Final Destination. Those movies are soo weird. I am also horrible because I find them all getting into accidents funny. :[ Oh well LOL.

And now moving onto the current movie topic 80s movies... ummm... wow, I haven't watched one of those in a while. Wait, I just remembered. I rewatched Sixteen Candles last weekend. =]

Now I'm remembering more movies... What about Back to the Future? So cool!!! (I'm such a geek XD)

Correspondent
molie111
0 Kudos

Back to the future is good! oh and breakfast club,,, i like that movie. umm ferris beulars day off is pretty good too.

My favorite movies will probably be

Iron Man

Transformers

The Patriot

Gladiator

Troy

the Crow

alot more too........