Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh

Movie talk!

So I'm sick and tired of every single thread on here being "Any Good Book Suggestions" or "Online Bookclubs" etc.  There's no point in actually reading the different threads if they're all the same.  So a few of us older users have decided we need to spice things up and actually make the board INTERESTING.  

Sooooooo, who's seen Clash of the Titans??!!!!!  Lolz.  Sorry.  I'm just recently obsessed with this movie.  Along with Sherlock Holmes, Blindside, etc.  I'm a big movie buff so I love to obsessively talk about them.   Oh oh oh!  And has anyone seen How To Train your Dragon yet?  I want to see it SOOO BAD!!!!

What's your favorite genre of movie?  Favorite actor?  Actress?  I wanna know!  Lolz.  :smileyvery-happy:

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

Re: Movie talk!

Hahahahaha this is why I love ya girl I so agree interesting it shall be :smileyhappy: I haven't seen Clash Of the Titans, remember me saying I'm not going to watch it, OK I i might do, but online sometime ,

as for Sherlock Holmes hell yes! Jude law thank god can act because I don't find him good looking or interesting as an individual at all, whilst Robert Downey junior, actually seems like a very amusing man! You can't not like that guy, as for blind side! I'm hearing a lot about this movie, is it actually any good? Not even heard of How to train your dragon ! LOL doesn't really sound all that though, hmmmmm you know I love my romance, and it makes the movie more interesting and more likable for me if has some action, you know where there fighting over the girl, Ooh and if there is a fight scene involved i prefer swords and some matrial arts !, especially if there's a great love story in there, but i like it to be more realistic rather than mushy,

favorite actress?  Kate Beckinsale she's kick ass as can be

Favorite actor, there is no competition Vin diesel of course muwhahaahaaha :smileyvery-happy:!

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Kyleigh

How did I know you were going to say Vin Diesel?  Lolz.  I love Kate Beckinsale too!  Partially because I adore Underworld.  :smileytongue:  

Oh what like Pearl Harbor?!  *rolls eyes*  Can't believe you.  *shakes head*

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Oh Ky I saw Clash of the Titans last night at a drive-in movie place. It was pretty cool just sitting all cozy in the car seeing the movie. I thought it was good but it didn't wow me. If you paid close attention Jerry Brockhimmer (sp?) included a whole bunch of stuff from other movies. Seriously come up with some new ideas!

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i havent seen clash of the titans yet, but i really want to. it looks interesting and i love greek mythology

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Kyleigh

Haha ya.  Like it wasn't super amazing or anything like that.  But I enjoyed it.  :smileyvery-happy:  Plus I like watching Sam Worthington get all sweaty and swinging a sword.  :smileytongue:   Hehehehehehehhehehehehe. 

Contributor
kierstinlerman
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

hey. im new and i saw this. Saw ''MOVIE'' actually and thought of....

PERCY JACKSON - THE LIGHTNING THIEF! 

omg. im in love with the movie and actors. 

i loved the books ever since they came out too! 

LOGAN LERMAN. one word on him... YUM! :smileywink: tehheee 

And while everyone is rambling on about the Tiger Woods scandal. i'm just thinking who the hell names their kid Tiger? (:
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Hahaha!  I'm glad it's good!  I haven't seen it yet.  I've never read the books so I didn't know what to expect.  I really want to see it now.  :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
kierstinlerman

yeah, my fav movies are...

1. percy jackson

2. avatar

3. the number 23

4. angus, thongs, and perfect snogging :smileyhappy:

5. law abiding citizen 

And while everyone is rambling on about the Tiger Woods scandal. i'm just thinking who the hell names their kid Tiger? (:
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami

Mine are:

• Nightmare on Elm Street (a new verson is coming out this month on April 30 O= Can't Wait!)
  • It
  • All Harry Potter movies
  • All the Tim Burton movies
  • Lord of the Rings 1,2,3
  • Pirates of the Caribbean 1,2,3
  • Golden Compass
  • Oprhan
  • Stepfather
  • And well kinda almost every horror and scifi movie out there xD

Blog: http://booklover-bookchicks.blogspot.com/
Correspondent
MilkshakeLMS
0 Kudos

I'm like movie theater deprived. Nobody takes me. So on that note I probably wont see clash of the titains or how to train your dragon until we can get them on netflix. *sigh*. Sherlock Holms I saw and so loved it. But then again im in love with Sherlock Holms so I guess that was figured. The Blindside I have at my house right now but I just need to get around to watch it(curse you evil teachers that give me so much homework!).

Fav actor would have to be Sandra Bullock with Brendon Fraiser at a close second. My fav movie would have to be Ever After with a person in it that I cant remember her name. Goddarn it!!!! Anyway totally love action and romance movies.

On a new note has anyone seen Remember Me?? Rob Patterson's acting was supposed to be allot better than his twilight movies. If so how is it im sooooo dieing to see it.

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

LEX HOW CAN YOU LIKE IT?!  I AM TERRIFIED OF CLOWNS BECAUSE OF THAT MOVIE!   UGH! 

I love classic horror flicks, but I can't believe they're remaking Nightmare on Elm street.  I mean come on!  Get your own flipping ideas and stop trying to hit it big off of a previously successful movie!  Seriously!  

I haven't seen Remember Me but I did also hear that Rob's acting was actually decent.  He's good in everything but Twilight.... same thing for Kristen Stewart..... noticing a trend here.  I don't think any of the actors actually like being apart of twilight.... lolz.  Which is totally understandable.  Maybe that's why they act so horribly.  So they'll get fired.  :smileytongue:

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

LexieVamp wrote:

Mine are:

• Nightmare on Elm Street (a new verson is coming out this month on April 30 O= Can't Wait!)
  • It
  • All Harry Potter movies
  • All the Tim Burton movies
  • Lord of the Rings 1,2,3
  • Pirates of the Caribbean 1,2,3
  • Golden Compass
  • Oprhan
  • Stepfather
  • And well kinda almost every horror and scifi movie out there xD

Nice set of movies!

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

I have not seen Clash of the Titans yet but I'm dying too!!! Glad to know you liked it, Kyleigh. I have seen Sherlock Holmes and I loved it! I wasn't expecting to, since they didn't base it off an original Arthur Conan Doyle story, but I was pleasantly surprised. Robert Downey Jr. was hilarious, I loved it when he was playing the violin to the flies and when he would say how he was going to beat people up in his head before he actually did. Jude Law was the perfect Watson, he's so cute and a really good actor!

"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Correspondent
MilkshakeLMS
0 Kudos

Kyleigh.......lol.......... I heard Kristen Stewart is makin a new movie where she's playing as Joan Jett. I was like w.o.w. thats gonna be interesting. I wonder how she's gonna be sexy...... and...... ya know.... all that..........

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

OMG!!! I heard about that movie, The Runaways. It is supposedly pretty good.

**SPOILER**

Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning kiss!!!! EWWW

Anyway, I just saw Clash of the Titans.

**WARNING!!! Following may contain spoilers!!!**

The title makes NOOOOOO sense. The only time the Titans are even mentioned is in the beginning. If you are into mythology the movie is decent.

Just a question. Don't you always picture Andromeda as blond?? In all of the illustrations I have seen she is blond. But in the movie she is a brunette. Any comments?

Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Kyleigh- Hehe I just like that movie xD idk why I just find it enjoyed when a clown finds scared kids and brings them to him with balloons. But I didn't really like The mist. It was kind of stupid and not fun to watch. The end was also really really bad. Oh and another bad horror film is the happening. Blah!

MilkshakeLMS-  I heard that she is making a new movie too and it's called the Runaway's or something. Dakota Fanning is going to be in it too. I like the song kinda lol.

Kyleigh
0 Kudos

djaq:  Haha!  I know right!  I adore Robert Downey Jr.  I like the part where he's like "physical recovery 6 weeks, full psychological recovery 6 months"  TEEHEE!  Omg.  So great.  :smileyvery-happy:

Isn't that a remake????  Cuz I thought Hillary Swank stared in it originally???  Of course I could be wrong.  Lolz.  Maybe I'm thinking of a different movie.  Now I'm going to have to go to IMBD. 

Omg.  The Mist is sooooo bad!!!!!  I watch it to make fun of it and it still bothers me.  Like that ridiculous religious lady.  I would have gotten a shot gun LONG before that dude shot her in the head.  I swear, she would have been gone the second day at max.  I laughed at the ending.  I was like "HAHA!  Way to go moron!  Kill your family and friends just merely minutes from rescue!"  I loved how that one woman who left to get her kids actually survives!  I was laughed sooo hard when I saw her in the truck.  :smileyvery-happy:DDDDD 

OMG!  HAve you seen Shutter??? I predicted that WHOLE MOVIE!  No joke!  I was going "Ope... she's going to kill that dude first."  and "She's going to be in the reflection of that picture on the wall."  And where the guy is like cutting up all those pictures with the razor?  My friend leaned over and asked me "What is he doing?"  and I replied "He's cutting up confetti so he can throw it when he dives off the balcony."  Sure enough,.... what happens?  He dives off the balcony.  I laughed.  :smileyvery-happy:  OH OH OH!  And Darkness Falls?  With the killer Tooth Fairy?  LOLZ!  Though the beginning TERRIFIED ME!  Omg!  I was so freaked the first time I saw it.  I love cheasy scary movies.  :smileyvery-happy:DD  Omg though! Paranormal Activity?! EEP!  Me and my mom watched it in our basement.  WE were both in separate chairs and every time it was night in the movie I was soooo tense!  Lots of screaming ensued.  Lolz.  But when I watched it with friends everyone kept talking and making fun of it so it wasn't scary at all.  :smileysad:  Though it WAS funny to make fun of.  Teehee. 

Okay wow... that was long. 

Correspondent
dholland08
0 Kudos

My favorite actresses are Keira Knightley, Meryl Streep, and Scarlett Johanssen. My favorite actors are Channing Tatum, Zac Efron and Cary Grant.

"Good. I was afraid for a moment that I'd killed you a bit too early."
"Waiting for a special occasion to kill me? Christmas is coming." :smileyhappy:
Inspired Wordsmith
Morigami
0 Kudos

Same here! xD me and my friends make fun of horror movies all the time. Oh and in the mist with the crazy lady I would have killed her the second she said God has cursed us or whatever lol I hated how the girl and her boyfriend died I mean srsly she HAD to get bitten by a bug and everyone just had to throw him outside to get killed? Weird religoius people xD My parents went pn a date to go see Shutter but I never saw it yet, but I will this weekend on my birthday =P I also laughed at the end when he killed his whole family and friends! It was so stupid even my 9 year old sister started laughing so hard she feel to the floor, but my parents just had there mouths open the whole time just staring at the screan that made my sister and me laguh more lol Oh and has anyone saw Haunting of Conneticut? It was okay to me well kinda stupid lol Oh and Parmoral Activity that was really weird and when at the end she liked acted her boyfriend and then came up really close to the screen I like totally jumped back hahaha didnt see that coming lol.