Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

My Mom Your Dad: Happily Ever After

What if, you had a crush on a girl... And you didn't know it but, she had a crush on you? What if, you really wanted to talk to her, but just couldn't bring yourself to muster up the nerve.  Then one day you decided that you had enough it was now or never.  Finally you crack... You find the balls to approach the girl and you find out that not only do you like her but she likes you... Then you two start dating... Hmm life is sweet!!

But then what if... Your mom and his dad decide to call a "family caucas".... Then you find out that... the girl of your dreams that took you forever to get with is about to become you little sister. @:@ WTH???? 

My name is Bryce Rawlings Tyler and I go to Central High and for reals; I'm not making it up.... Welcome to my life...  

My Mom Your Dad  

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Re: My Mom Your Dad: Happily Ever After

Forgot to mention that  

Taming The Golden Boys of Central High   is now only .99 cents.  

Growing up is hard; NOT Impossible....

Disclaimer:

This is not a story about vampires, werewolves, little green-bluish monsters from a far away distant galaxies chasing, hunting and killing off teenagers who are hiding out here on earth until some appointed time with destiny. Nor is this the love story of a regular girl or boy in love having a paranormal love affair with someone whose life depends on having to snack off of her/him. Ha, ha; my life is much more complicated than that. Hi, I’m Nevada Tate and you may have read the first two parts of my story about how my life suddenly changed when I transferred to middle America high school Central High and met the four most popular and richest guys in the school collectively known as: The Golden Boys of Central High. Btw…. The world won’t come to a sudden end if we don’t grow up; cuz growing up isn’t exactly optional.

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
Wordsmith
Jefferson_Thomas
0 Kudos

AlmH wrote:

What if, you had a crush on a girl... And you didn't know it but, she had a crush on you? What if, you really wanted to talk to her, but just couldn't bring yourself to muster up the nerve.  Then one day you decided that you had enough it was now or never.  Finally you crack... You find the balls to approach the girl and you find out that not only do you like her but she likes you... Then you two start dating... Hmm life is sweet!!

But then what if... Your mom and his dad decide to call a "family caucas".... Then you find out that... the girl of your dreams that took you forever to get with is about to become you little sister. @:@ WTH???? 

I have to say, when I was a teenager, if I had cared enough about the girl, I'm not sure I would have cared much about what our parents had to say.  After all, why didn't they reveal that they were dating until now?  Why/what were they hiding?  And since my brand-new "sister" and I aren't biologically related, I would think they would have a hard time making a case that our relationship is incestuous.

OK, am I a completely morals-free holdover from the late 1960's and early 70's? :smileyhappy:

Jeff

Correspondent
AlmH

[ Edited ]

Hey Jeff thanks for the reply and perspective... People feel differently about dating and marriage across cultural lines. There are some cultures (more than I could have guessed) that consider once parents marry the children they are put into the registry of the father and become "his" children.  Not only that, but there are taboos about marrying in-laws, and 2 brothers marrying 2 sisters, and cousins etc.; the list can be endless.  Since this is a fiction story, I combined quite a few culture customs, attitudes and religious beliefs when creating this story line.

I had a lot of fun writing it and at one point as the story was coming along, there were readers engaging in open debates about the topic and even not liking the mother for being so selfish and thinking only of herself. That was one of the things that I enjoyed about this story; engaging the readers to ask questions about things that they may have never considered or even thought it was any big deal.  I can even tell you I got a little heat myself when a couple of readers didn't know that a Nun didn't have to be virginal material... lololo... I actually had to pull out my research and  list the reference sources for this plot point in the story.  What was interesting to me is, one reader in particularly stated that she had been "Catholic" all of her life and she knew without a shadow of a doubt that Nuns had to be virgins.  Can you imagine the eye opener she received finding out that was not the case?

I think that's what had so many of my readers saying, "you've got me going crazy and pulling out my hair... I've vested a lot of time in this story, they better end up together..."  One reader even asked me point blank should she continue bc she was afraid of the outcome of their story... 

It was a fun story to write and as you can probably tell I enjoy talking about it... 

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

“What’s going on?” I asked again.  The kids were the saddest that I had ever seen since knowing them.  Dad had that look on his face that I had only seen a couple times in my life and they were all during the times of Angela’s disappearances. My heart began pounding against my chest and I could feel a slight tremor building in the pit of my stomach.

“Will somebody please tell me what’s going on?”  At my words Nina broke down and started sobbing heavily. Cortez and Sophia went to console her. The twins were huddled together in a corner, being distant from everyone.  Mom’s eyes were filled with tears and I could see that she was wrestling with keeping her composure. Dad stood restlessly looking out the window; a sight I had grown accustomed to all while he stood by the window waiting, hoping to glimpse a sighting of Angela again. My eyes darted about and Nick was missing.

“Where’s Nick?  I asked and I was livid immediately.  What had he done to cause this kind of uproar with everyone? I had warned him to think before doing something stupid again. I had told him not to worry his sister like this; she had enough to deal with.  I guess my warnings went unheeded. Oh God, I wondered if the boy was dead.

“Karen what is it?” I asked. Karen turned to me and her voice slightly shook.

“It’s their sister Selena.”  She began and suddenly I started doing a head count in my head and eyeballing each of the kids individually.  Yes, she was missing also.

“What happened? Did something happen to Selena?” I demanded; even though a part of me was scared to listen to the rest, I forced myself to hear her out.

“She’s been kidnapped by 3X Mob.” Karen finally finished.  It was like she was reliving her own nightmare when she had been kidnapped.  Just like that, I felt as though I had suddenly been slammed back into my past.  I couldn’t believe her words. My knuckles turned white as I clenched my fist at my sides.  My teeth grind against each other as my jaw went stiff.  This couldn’t be happening again; not twice in my lifetime.  Hadn’t we suffered enough?

“What the hell? What? Why her? What happened?” I asked as I sat down trying to get some understanding as to what was going on. Why had Selena been taken hostage by the gang?

“Apparently 3X Mob had been trying to recruit Nick.  And when he wouldn’t go to them voluntarily, they decided to force him to come.”  Suddenly I began flashing my run-ins with him.  Our first meeting the gang of boys who had been chasing him; then when LeSaw and Romba showed up at the center looking for him; they were teasing him about how he had barely escaped the Mob.  I couldn’t believe this was happening.  It felt like all over again twelve years ago when Angela had been kidnapped by One Nation.  I began to shake violently.

“How long has she been gone” I asked.

“Over a month…” Karen continued.

“What?! Why haven’t you called the police?” I demanded.

“Cuz Nick begged us not to.  He said if we called they’ll kill her for sure.  They’re holding her hostage to make Nick do what they want him to do.”  I was told.

“What exactly is that?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” Karen said.  Suddenly I had another flashback.  Phat Mike had sent LeSaw to fetch Nick saying that he needed Nick to come over and work his computer magic that time. Nick was good with computers and had a gift of learning computer languages even doing a little of what I do; hacking computers and Internet sites.  Suddenly I remembered the conversation on the plane with Phat Mike: “For the twenty-first century, everything is digital, optic fiber, wireless, Broadband, Internet and satellite. That old street hustle has got to move with the times; it’s the only way to survive.” 

Where’s Nick?”  I demanded.

“He’s over there with them now.  He said they promised after this final job, they would let her go.”  I then turned to Nina.

“Where is 3X Mob’s headquarters?” I gently questioned her.  Nina didn’t or couldn’t answer she just sat their sobbing on her sister’s shoulders.  I went over to the twins who were in their own world sitting quietly in a trance-like state.  I kneeled down beside them.

“Tell me, where your sister and brother are? Tell me, I’ll bring them back; I promise.” I quietly said and suddenly their eyes were filled with tears and their faces came alive with hope. 

“Rex no! REX No! Rex listen to me. No… No… No… I forbid you to leave this house!”  Mom became panicked-stricken as she began crying and dad was quietly watching as if he was thinking.  But I was beyond mad.  I was ready to kill.  I was fed up with these freaking gangs preying on the lives of the innocents and screwing with their families’ lives.

“Thirty-ninth and Rhodes the basement of the projects.” They said in succession of each other.  I patted each one of them on the back and gave them a reassuring smile. 

“I’ll be right back, wait for me.” I said to them as I got up. Immediately mom jumped in front of me attempting to block my path. Gently I pushed her to the side as I walked around her heading down towards our basement. She jumped on my back grabbing me by the neck attempting to slow me down.  I reached up and gently undid her hands from around my neck and grabbed her and put her back down.

“Rex stay put.  Don’t you dare!”  Mom continued her ranting as she continued following me down the stairs through the second hallway and back to the hidden locked supply room. The flip-flopping of her slippers echoed throughout the enclosed space.  She knew what I was about to do as I pulled out my key and unlocked the door.

“Don please do something.  Stop him! Don… Don don’t let him go.”  Mom pleaded and cried.  But I wouldn’t be deterred as I flipped on the light switch and revealed an abundance of firearms and ammunition. I grabbed my Double Magazine, M16, Bowie Knife, Ruger 9 mm and of course my favorite; the Ak-47. I wanted to do some damage.  I wanted to introduce myself properly; I wanted them to feel my presence.  I threw them in my duffle bag as I then turned to the other side and opened a glass cabinet stocked wall-to-wall with ammunition. I threw a supply for each of my weapons into my duffle bag also. I was about to declare war on 3X Mob and I was determined I wasn’t coming back without Selena and Nick.

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

That awkward moment when you suddenly realize that your girlfriend is about to become your little sister.

My Mom Your Dad  

eBooks by Alm Hlgh