Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

My brand new book blog!

I just made my first blog and I would love for all of my B&N friends to follow me there!  For those of you familiar with me already, you don't need much info, but for any new users, I am mostly interested in young adult, fantasy, sci-fi, non-fiction, historical fiction, psychology (both fiction and non), dystopians and humor. 

I posted my first review (since I finished it today) and it was of Zombies vs. Unicorns.  I've also added my shelf of e-books and a couple widgets.  Feel free to offer any advice or feedback and thanks for checking it out if you do!  

Zombies vs. Unicorns

The link:  http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/

Spelling is for "loosers."
http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

Re: My brand new book blog!

Very cool!!!

Do the zombies or the unicorns win? Ha Ha just kidding of course the unicorns do!!

(I love the fish at the top!)

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am definitely Team Unicorn haha!  And thanks about the fish widget I set up.  I like it a lot too, it's fun to feed them food while I look at my new blog!  :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
REXx

HaHa OF COURSE the unicorns win!!!!! they're all majestical and what not...:smileywink:

" For the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure"-Albus Dumbledore

Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird

I'm glad that you made a blog! I most definitely followed it =) And I agree the unicorns will most definitely win! I also love your little fish widget thingy! Very cute =)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Thanks Zoey! 

I definitely agree RexX! 

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson

I really like your nook case! It looks like a rolled up painting!

(I tryed to post on your blog but wasn't sure how.)

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants

Thanks so much Hunger Games and I think you need to have a Google account or similar to sign in with for comments, but I can read them here too just as well!  I really, really, really love it too!  Haha.  I love how soft it feels in my hands and the texture of all the graphics.  If getting my NookColor inspired a renewed love of reading, then this cover definitely will too!  I can't wait to go select my next option to read tonight! 

Contributor
xStarbuckx

I just read your blog, and thanks, now I'm going to read Frozen ((or Skinned as it's called here)) because it sounds really good and I'd never heard about it before! :smileyvery-happy: Have a great day! 

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks!  It's so exciting to think people are stopping by over there and reading my reviews!  I had never heard of Frozen/Skinned either until I was drawn in by the interesting new cover while browsing, but I'm so glad I happened across it.  Not only for myself, but so I could share the story with other people too!  I think I'm going to start the second one soon.  I am just reading something different in between for a review.    :smileyhappy:

My brother just saw my blog yesterday and he said he could draw or design something for me, so maybe he'll make me a super awesome header!  He's extremely talented when it comes to art, so I can't wait to see what he does for me.  He works a lot though, so who knows how long it might take him. He likes drawing robots, guns, machina, etc. so the picture will probably having something like that in it, but I figured it would be ok because I love sci-fi and dystopians and I can be like a character in one of those books if he draws me like that. 

Contributor
xStarbuckx

Haha I know, I have just started my own book blog, but I can't imagne many people coming and looking at it! But I'm still going to do it, as it's something for me to do other than read books all day! Awesome, I don't normally go in book shops, my family don't really like books :smileysad: and my library is rubbish, they have hardly anything! Oh well, haha. Oh cool, I didn't realise it was a series! Now I'm excited, I can't wait to read it :smileyvery-happy:

Aw awesome, that sounds really good! I really hope he finds time to it for you!

Hope you have a great day! :smileyhappy:  

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Just read your blog sandra.

Looks like a scary book!

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Where are my manners??

I forgot to welcome you xStarbuckx.

Welcome to teen reads, the best book club of them all!! I hope you enjoy your time on here.

We are all very friendly and enjoy talking to new people.

If you have a queston about the book clubs just ask!

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Contributor
xStarbuckx
0 Kudos

Haha thank you, hello! Thanks, I have been around for awhile, just hadn't joined up until now! Thank you! 

I have one question now, haha. What are the "First Look" boards? ((sorry, i'm really stupid haha...)) Thanks! 

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

I think they are for discussing new releases, and you say good things then get a free copy.

Unfortunately they are being closed so they soon will not matter.

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
SandraPants
0 Kudos

Yeah, welcome to Teen Reads over at B&N, the best forums to talk about books anywhere! 

I like your name too Starbuckx, because I love Starbucks blended iced coffees.  :smileyhappy:  Now I'll always want one when I see your name though!  :smileysurprised:  Oh well lol.  :smileyvery-happy:

You should post a link to your blog on here.  I would like to follow it and I'm sure a bunch of the people here would as well!  This is a pretty supportive community.