Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

NEWS! NEWS! NEWs!

This is the news thread, here you announce news ,like  book is beign made into a movie, or a well-knowend and loved author announces the next book in a series, or the cast member list for an upcoming book-to-movie was poste, etc.

Find news? Pos them here!

Read news that interest you in this thread? Please laurel the author !

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Re: NEWS! NEWS! NEWs!

Okay soI got some news

The fifth book in The Blue Bloods Series is titled Misguided Angel and it comes out next year.

Melissa de La  Cruz will beTwittering little sneak-peaks of The Van Alen Legacy starting on September 6 so follow her if you are interested

http://twitter.com/MelissadelaCruz
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

Here is some news.

1. The Hunger Games is being made into a movie. Lionsgate has purchased the rights of the book. Collins is supposedly writing the film adaption herself. I don't know anything else.

2. The Ranger's Apprentice is also being made into a movie. All I know is that Paul Haggis will be Directing the movie.

3. Artemis Fowl is also being made into a movie. I believe that a branch of Disney will be producing, although I'm not sure. Nothing else is known at this time.

Correspondent
SpunkiiReader

[ Edited ]

All on the Mortal Instruments series by cassandra clare:

1st: there will be a fourth book, The City of Fallen Angels

2nd: there will be a movie

3rd: there will be graphic novels

check it out here: http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com/

Message Edited by SpunkiiReader on 08-26-2009 11:44 AM
Inspired Contributor
Think-Im-Listening
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
 I just hate that all the authors are making their series into graphic novels.

Laurie Faria Stolarz Made blue is for nightmares into a graphic novel: Black is for Beginning

Message Edited by Think-Im-Listening on 08-26-2009 01:16 PM
"If your heart wears thin, I will hold you up, and I will hide you when it gets too much" -Mariana's Trench
Inspired Correspondent
Ravenclaww

About Cassandra Clare

She will also be writing a Trilogy Prequel to The Mortal Instruments.

It's called The Infernal Devices Trilogy and the books are

The Clockwork Angel

The Clockwork Prince

The Clockwork Princess

Angel will come out September 7, 2010. It is said that the other two will be out 2011 and 2012.

TheSubtleChronicler.blogspot.com

Check it out :smileywink:
Wordsmith
Raestar15
0 Kudos

OMG! YAY!!!

Rae 

Zoey:smileyfrustrated:pirit is what makes us unique,what gives us strength,and it is what lives on after our bodies are no more.
~House of Night~

Laurel it if you like it!!!
~Rae
Inspired Correspondent
torusthetiger
0 Kudos

audrey niffenegger the author of the time travelers wife has a new book comming out next month called "her fearful symmetry"
"but why's she got to go to the library?" -Harry
"because that's what Hermione does........When in doubt, go to the library." -Ron (chamber of secrets)
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

Ellen Hopkin's new book Tricks is out. 
Contributor
Author123
0 Kudos

NO WAY!!!??? R u series?? I love the Mortal Insturments Series!!! Thats the best news I've heard in a week!!
I CAN READ
I CAN WRITE
AND I LIVE IN THE U.S.A
I'M RICH...
Inspired Contributor
writingenius21
0 Kudos

I've been looking into some new books. Are the Mortal Instruments books any good? What are they about? They seem interesting but I'de like a second opinion than what the official synopisis says.
Correspondent
SpunkiiReader
0 Kudos

The main characters in the series are demon hunters "shadowhunters". there are also the "downworlders" which consists of vampires, werewolves, worlocks, and fairies. the series is packed full of love and adventure, so as for your second opinon I will highly recomend them. they are my favorite books!
Wordsmith
Night_Angel
0 Kudos

writingenius21 wrote:
I've been looking into some new books. Are the Mortal Instruments books any good? What are they about? They seem interesting but I'de like a second opinion than what the official synopisis says.

Loved loved loved the books, and if you're tempted to put them down- don't. just read to the end. =) 

Frequent Contributor
GEEna
0 Kudos

LOVE the Mortal Instruments!!  Three of my favorite books :smileyhappy:

I would definitely reccommend them!

there ain't no rest for the wicked.
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Fourth book in The Immortals series by Alyson Noel is going to bo called Dark Flame!

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Siver by Maggie Stiefvater is beign made into a movie.

http://m-stiefvater.livejournal.com/128963.html

Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

thaisra wrote:

Okay soI got some news

The fifth book in The Blue Bloods Series is titled Misguided Angel and it comes out next year.

Melissa de La  Cruz will beTwittering little sneak-peaks of The Van Alen Legacy starting on September 6 so follow her if you are interested

http://twitter.com/MelissadelaCruz

OMG! thnx for the news! I am SO anticipating the next books in that series, I love it. lol, I'm actually re-reading them now. I'm on the second one, I forgot how to spell the name:smileytongue:

Ok, I have news! Well news that would matter to me and more my opinion.

Beatles Rockaband is out- and it's AWEOSME! (That's my news, if anyonne was wondering.)

Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

Rachel Caine author of the Morganville Vampires is doing Fade Out quote of the day on her myspace.

Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

cover for Fang 6th Maximum Ride Book

Photobucket
Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

KOOL!