Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
A-B_Trammell
0 Kudos

Need a new Series to read.. Ideas anyone.. ??

Loved everything about the Twilight Series

Liked the Hunger Game Series

(Love the characters, but the reading was a little slow at times - the first half of the last 2 books, dragged out to me. Loved the second hate of them though.)

Hated the Herry Potter Series

So my question is... Anyone have some ideas for another Series for me to read ???

Tried Witches & Wizards and just couldn't get through the 1st book.. :smileysad:

Thanks..

April Trammell
Reader
Eina

Re: Need a new Series to read.. Ideas anyone.. ??

Hi! I will recommend:

The Mortal Instruments or The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare

The Steampunk Chronicles by Kady Cross (thought only the first book is out)

& A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin.

Distinguished Correspondent
bookluvr11
0 Kudos

The Vampire Academy Series (6) by Richelle Mead. Also, the Perfect Chemistry Trilogy by Simone Elkeles.

Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?
If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked.
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
Contributor
booklover200
0 Kudos

Vampirates-justin somper
New User
tammyrobo
0 Kudos

city of bones and the books to follow by cassandra clare or vampire academy series by richelle mead, or blue blood series.. i cant remember who its by though something de la cruz

Contributor
eodwife
0 Kudos

The vampire academy books are my favorite!
Please help save the vision of my babies and visit
http://blastblindness.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

I have tons of books to recommend when it comes to Vampires and Romance.  Here are some of my favorites; give them a try.

Vampire Kisses Series by Ellen Schreiber

Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J. R. Ward

Evernight Series by Claudia Gray

Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.  ~Paul Sweeney

Frequent Contributor
lev924
0 Kudos

read beautiful creatures it's amazing! I love the same books that you've posted(except I love hp) but this is just such a amazing paranormal romance book. And I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

New User
OneDisneyHeart
0 Kudos

°o° OneDisneyHeart °o°

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

This has been on my wishlist for months!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Correspondent
Open-Peacemind
0 Kudos

Good series is A Wrinkle In Time by Madeliene L'engle

If you don't like it,

try the Tiger's Curse,

Awesome love and adventure series.:smileyvery-happy:

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
"It's your decision:
are you going to do the right or the wrong?"
~me
New User
Jaypaw24
0 Kudos

The Tiger's Curse series by Colleen Houck, Beautiful Creatures series not sure of the authors.

Contributor
GamerchickRaven
0 Kudos

How about another trilogy with a stong female lead?

I read the Hunger Games simply to be able to speak on it as someone who read it. I didn't care for it, at least not in the way most of the people I talked to seemed to. I kept hearing how it was such a great story, very empowering for a girl... I didn't get that from it at all. But from the Trylle trilogy, yes, I got that. I may be missing the mark for your tastes, but I still recommend these books by Amanda Hocking.
A little bit of magic, but nothing on the Potter scale... lols of struggle, much of it being a personal battle for the lead... a bit of romance... and a little more than a bit of coming of age, or coming into one's own.

Switched (Trylle Trilogy #1)  

New User
Valerie_Me
0 Kudos

I'll also recommend the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead and the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.

I love the Mara Dyer books by Michelle Hodkin. The third and final book comes out next year.

New User
Cheryl_Rogers
0 Kudos

I've written a Christian mystery/adventure called Lost in the Woods: A Bible Camp Mystery. It's the first in  a new series of Bible Camp Mysteries about a group of 10 to 16 year old boys who set off into the Florida backwoods for back-to-nature retreats. They're relatively inexperienced, so they're in for some big surprises.

In Lost in the Woods, a 13-year-old camper disappears in the middle of the night! When a hurricane takes an unexpected turn for the Gulf Coast, they must find him in a hurry. It's tough going though, because more than half of the campers succumbed to food poisoning!

The book is headed for the B&N Store, but in the meantime it is available from Smashwords at 99 cents. You can get it at: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/274958

Please feel free to contact me with your feedback! Thanks.

Mrs-Smith
0 Kudos

I hope no one minds my adding my books to this list. :smileyhappy:

Cloud Nine (A Paranormal Romance of the Guardians of Man) 

What happens when a Guardian Angel actually hates you?

What if you did nothing more than fall in love?

What if they have the ability to make you give up?

New User
Sammie_184
0 Kudos

House of Night series P.C cast and kirstin cast its somewhat like twilight but in my opinion better then twilight
New User
TheCover_Crystal
0 Kudos

If you liked Hungar Games and want somthing a bit quicker try

Divergent (Divergent Series #1)  Insurgent (Divergent Series #2)   

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance
0 Kudos

This is not necessarily a series, but more like 3 really good books by Talia Jager.

The Ultimate Sacrifice  

Contributor
Bookworm29JT
0 Kudos

I agree this is a fantastic series and book 3 comes out October 22nd 2013 :smileyhappy: