Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Re: New Add-On

It made me mad i wanted to kill them all but then again im not that heartless but im sure one of the others could do it without losing any sleep at night.

when I was younger everything glittered now everythiing looks like its covered in ash and because of it we all suffer to find a place were we belong.

Of course we all knew in the back of our minds that there was a place for us where we fit in and no one looked at us knowing we were different or in there words Freaks, Where there were people like us we just had to find them and eventually we would in time.

I find it hard to talk to the others because im not like them or at least i dont care to find out.

One day i was practicing my transformations but i couldnt get my hair to go the color i wanted i got frustrated because i had done this thousands of times but for some reason it wouldnt work and i got pissed and swong my fist into the mirror.

After noticing what i'd done i looked at my hand pail like snow and just stood there for a moment to pull myself together.

When i finally cooled down i grabbed the towel off the rack and wiped my hand off and thought of what the others would think when they saw that i miss calm and patiante had just trashed the mirror and probably broken my hand.

But when i was done cleaning off the wound to see the damage i had brought on myself  there weren't any.

No scars, bruises or blood.

I looked at the mirror to see if i was going crazy. It was still dented in with blood seeping through the cracks id left and the sink carried the broken glass and the puddle of blood that dripped from my hand and the mirror.

Even the towel was drinched in blood, yet my hand showed no signs of the incident .

I clean up the mess and lay on my bed thinking of an excuse to explain the broken mirror befor my roommate returns.

Eventhough we all live together we all bunk up with eachother because the lack of space Tonk and Conner, James and Jerod , then theres Me Amee and Mally.

(Is mally a guy or girl? when you hear the name it kinda goes both ways)

~Love is a poison~
Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Come on guys i dont want to write this story alone its called an add on for a reason.

Do you guys need help did i leave it at an akward time?

Do you want me to do another add on to make it easier?

Itll throw everything off but ill do it.

~Love is a poison~
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

(oh! sorry! i really liked your post ^_^. ill try to add on tomorrow,today i have a lot of HW(and shouldnt actually be on right now hehe) and yes, Mally is a girl.)

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

Damn! I'm sorry, I couldn't coem on lately. I'll reply soon, I DID like your reply:smileyhappy:

Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Hahaha i thought no one was writing because of what i wrote hahah but good and i cant wait to read it.

~Love is a poison~
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

(oh no of course not! i really liked your post! ill try to add on tonight,  ^_^, but i wont be on at all tomorrow, so if i dont get a chance to tonght, itll be sunday,-_-.)

"I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing."
Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Okay lokkin forward to it.:smileyhappy:

~Love is a poison~
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

(URGgggg!! I hate that it wednesday, and i havnt posted yet! Hakuna Matata, im determimed to add! so right after im done with my math HW!)

Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

(done! woooo!)

I threw the now-blood-stained-rag in the laundry. Just as I stepped out of the laundry room, I ran into Jared. Literally. He and Tonk had been arguing, but it immediately stopped when they saw me. Jared looked over me (he is half a foot taller), into the laundry room, and saw the bloodied rag. He raised an eyebrow, and turned to see the mirror.

"You know, If you wanted to hide your random outburst of anger, you should learn to get rid of the evidence better." I glared at him, and he just smirked wider. 

"Thats why we shouldnt take her." TOnk mummbled under his breath. I turned sharply to look at him, and then turned back to at Jared. What?!

"NOt take me where?!" 

(urrrrg. apparently, i have WB. so its choppy. and can we change connors name to Devon?)

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

((could i add on?? :smileyhappy: ok so my post wont be perfect, cus kinda like what random was going through.. i have homework.. and really shouldnt be here.... so....................... loltiab.. it might be shorter!))

Jared shuffled on his wide feet, his silken ash brown hair fluttered across his face, and his bright eyes were clouded over in worry. Or was it fear?

"What the hell are you talking about?" I spat. 

By the look on my brother's face, I should have lowered my voice, or maybe been more nice to him. But the smirk on Tonk's face was enough to boil me over. I jumped over at Tonk and with my left arm, pinned him against the wall of the peach colored bathroom, and with my right hand, I pressed against his throat, and pressed myself into his chest to garentee he couldnt move anywhere fast.

"Listen," I growled into his ear. "You better tell me where you are going right now, our i'll-"

"Or you'll...?" Tonk grinned. He knew just as well as I did, that I had made an empty threat. I loosened my grip, and he pulled free. He smiled slyly, and turned to face me.

"I know you Jess. You couldn't hurt me. And even if you could, you wouldn't." My pulse quickened, and my face turned a deep shade of red. "Do you wanna know where we are going, skipper? We are going out." 

Now it was my turned to get pinned.

Tonk leaned in, and pressed me up against the wall. His arm held me in a choking grip, but my face was directed right at his, just so he could observe my defeat clear through my eyes.

"What do you think we are doing? Bailing on you lot?" He laughed. "What would any of you here be without Jared and I? Huh? Thats right..." He leaned right into my face. "You'd probably be lost. Dead. Forgotten. And listen toots, I'm not leaving for good. Not today atleast. But maybe tommarow. You never know with a guy like me, its like the life of a candle. It only needs a short breathe to be extingusished. Depending on how things go, I'll stay. But who can predict a thing like that? One new change, one short breath, and I'm gone." He grinned, and released me. Then, he slapped me lightly on the cheek.

"I'm not leaving you yet." He chortled. Then, backing out of the bathroom, Tonk and Jared left. Leaving me behind in the loo, with just my lost thoughts, and a bloody towel.    

"We could do pizza."
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Whatever happened to chivalry? Honor? Twin bonding? Anyone? I felt alone a lot of the time, but I took care of the younger ones a lot. They were honest with me, unlike Tonk. Tonk; aggressive, tall, handsome, and spontaneous. The typical bad boy. It was easy to see his natural charisma, why people naturally gravitated towards him. And then there was me. The tomboy who had anger management issues and was kind of tall and quiet and weird. Sure, I had the inner girly girl inside of me. I thought when I was little that maybe one day Devon (IS THAT HIS NEW NAME? OR CONNER?) and I would fall in love and live together, and we'd all be happy. I'd always sort of had a thing for him. But I've always managed to keep my feelings hidden, and to never let my guard down. If there's one thing I've learned from my powers, it's that everybody is an enemy.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

( ooo! i love both your posts. and djaq! especially "...its like the life of a candle. It only needs a short breathe to be extingusished. Depending on how things go, I'll stay. But who can predict a thing like that? One new change, one short breath, and I'm gone." it my status message now! hmmn... adding on....h and i dont think the love intrest, if any, should be in the group, however i do like the whole childhood fantasy, "at one time i though wed fall in love and everyone would be happy" thing. good. and the "everyones an enemy. ooooo maybe, that is a big thing in this! and the lover, she struggles to remember that, Everyone is an enemy. the whole, " But I've always managed to keep my feelings hidden, and to never let my guard down. If there's one thing I've learned from my powers, it's that everybody is an enemy."Oh! and maybe at one point, she is the one who leaves, and sets off on her own, and thats when she mets yet-to-be-named love. Everyone is an Enemy. hmmn. ill stop ranting and addd now...)

I sighed and looked out the window. The day was foggy, expesionless. Like every other day. I was done fighting with them today, I feel too emotionly exausted to deal with thier crap. A few hours later, they left, with out saying a word. If it wasnt for the sudden quiet from thier loud arguments and lame jokes, i would have never noticed they were gone. The day was passing way to slowly, but time was still seemed to slip by me too fast. That doesnt even make sense. But thats how it felt. Night eventually fell, and i was sitting on the window sill, looking out at the stars and moon i could barely see. 

I must of fallen asleep, because next thing i know, its 2:37 in the morning, and i had a cursed crok in the neck.  Surprisingly, neither Mally nor Amee were in the room. ANd if they had come into the room, they would of woken me up. Something wasnt right, I could almost taste it in the air.  I headed down stairs, still the clothes i had worn yesterday, and most likley hair sticking straight up and bags under my eyes. THere was only one dim light on, in the kitchen.

Amee was leaning over the island, elbows resting on the counter and hands covering her face, with a mug of coffee next to her. Devon stood leaning up against the counter, staring down, and Mally was sitting at the dinner table, the one that was rarely used.

When i walked into the room, Amee moved her hands through her hair and looked up at me, as did mally. Mally looked away after just a glance, staring off into nothingness.  Amee sighed. She looked stessed, her face was tear stained. It was one of the rare moments she did not look perfect, which means something very bad happened.

" Whats going on?" I said, to no one inparticular, just words said out to the world. The panic in my voice surprised even me.

NOone answered, just a long, awkward silence.

"WELL?!" My voice seemed to break a wall, and echoed through the house.

" Jess just calm down-" Amee came closer to me,

" Amee, how is she supposed to calm? She needs to know. and Now."  Devon spoke. I look at him, confused and scared. What could of happened?!

Amee sighed. "Fine. Tell her. I dont know if i can."

" Tonk is missing, and-" he swallowed," and Jared is dead."

I couldnt speak, my through was dry. I felt tears welll up, and i felt like the world was crashing down on me.

"Wha- What, uh Wha-" I stuttered, struggling.

" We dont know. We have no idea what happened or what they did. UR!" I jumpe dat his sudden anger. He swong his arm across the island, knocking Amee's coffee mug to the ground, glass shattering, coffe going everywhere. NO one moved.

" Im  so sorry Jess..." Devon whispered.

NO. No. THis, this cant be happening. I backed away, horror sruck, and ran. I ran out the door, and kept runnning, ignoring the the chilling bites from the brisk night. Everything rushed through my head, memories thoughts, what-if's, I-shouldofs, and so much pain an tears. It was overwelming. I cant- I cant anymore. I was shaking. I slowed to a stop. I was almost a mile away now, never had i ran that fast. I was at the park we used to play at, before the first time we changed, before our parents hated us. I sat down on a old rusty bench, leaned my head back to the sky, and closed my eyes. Im not anymore. I cant, I wont.  I knew what I had to do. I couldnt stay here anymore. Ill leave tonight.

I dont know how long i sat there, and I dont remember walking home. But there I was, Amee sobbing, words barley understandable as questions of where i was going and that i needed to be there, we needed to go through this together. I packed a duffle bag of essensials, clothes, bathroom supplies etc. Almost mindlessly. I made my way down the stairs, and headed straight to the door, ignoring mally and amee rants. Devon stood infront of the door, blocking my way out.

"Jess-" I just glared at him. He sighed and continued.
" YOu need to stay, we can all go through this together. It will be alright sooner or later..." These where empty words to me. It would never be the same again. My brother is dead.

"Devon MOVE. You cant stop me."

"I can try. but, you seem determined.... Jess, just come back. Please. When you dont find what youre looking for, or you need anything, please, just come back to us." He was looking down now. I moved past him, and he let me by with out effort to stop me. The door slammed with out another word.

Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

( WO! I hadnt realized how much i wrote!)

Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hey good to see you back here silver  good add on u gt here caught my eye like the whole shapeshifting idea and random like the charcters names we do have a gift for cool names what can i say *grins* jus thought id let yaal know im adding on so we dont end up addin over each other add ons, im just abit clueless though where is she exacly she supossed to be goin and if her brothers dead where is his body nobody said how he dies or who killed him... hmmm ill figure sumat out :smileyhappy:

here goes

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

i started to walk away Mallys sobs still ringing in my ears id always mothered her so much been so protective of her, id been like a big sister and a mother at the same time andk new right now she must be feeling like she just lost both, i wanted to run back and hold her and reasure her id be back soon, but i wasnt even sure when id be back if i came back that was. Jared was dead, his body only god knew where and that cocky bastard Tonks had ran away it was all his damn fault, but then i was to blame to wasnt i? if only i had gone with them, or put more of a effort to step in but no Jared for some reason had looked up to Devon since hed frst met him, it was supposed to be tonks and Devon who were going out that night but Jared had begged to go in his place to prove how worthy he was, for all i knew Tonks could have something to do with Jared' death i had to find the bastard and think what id do with him in due time. As my familliar surroudings seemed to fade further and further away i found myself starting to get anxious my shape **bleep**ing was nowhere near deveoped to protect myself, what would i beable to retaliate with? a freaking claw or maybe purple hair might just scare them away with its purpleness... yh right i thought with a sigh

The strret lights were starting to fliker alight every so often it was becoming dark and soon everything would be pitch black, i found myself feeling very much alone, my whole body ached with the walking but most of all i just missed them all until now i hadnt realised how much i really needed them but now i realised they were everything to me they were the only family i had and like a idoit full of emotions id just left them, i had no plan nowhere to go, what was i thinking we should have planned something together but id been selfish he was my brother only i had the right to avenge him but i really hadnt thought this through, how would i avnge Jared if i got killed before i even made it to his killers how foolish id been, finalyy deciding to rest i found a inviting tree and sat beneath it soking up the cool feel of the shade, closing mblue eyey eyes and resting my head on the trunck i felt a safeness take over and allowed myself to slowly drift to sleep

Who knew how long id fallen asleep for only that when i woke up everything was completly pitch black and i didnt feel so safe anymore, my senses alert i kept still keeping out sighs for any kind of movement,

"didnt you ever hear about the story where the little sweet red riding hood gets eaten by the big bad wolf" said a smooth silky voice she appeard out of nowhere how could i have not noticed her, she had long platinum blond hair with big blue eyes her long legs shown clearly through her short white skirt with it she work a beautiful silk matching blouse with cream boots she had a soft heartshaped face she was extremely beautiful, i felt all of a sudden very plain something i hadnt cared so much about before i was short and petite with long cherry red hair and green eyes with a tinge of gold, i was nothing special but id never felt so self concious in my life like i did now,  beside her out of nowhere stepped out a boy who looked very much like Devon but there was something different about him he had Devons dark looks his tanned face and dark hair but this guy  had his in spikes and i swear golden eyes to Devons ocean blue he was more built than Devon yet something was nt right about him he was gorg yes but that wasnt it, i didnt have time to think becuase two figures stepped out the shadows together, a blond haired boy he was on the tall slender side he was a observer i could tell at once the way he looked at me like he already had me all figured out and just to let me know sent a little smirk out my way and noticed he had a cute dimple on his left cheek huh kinda cute to like the dark haired boy he had golden eyes if that was possible both had defined jaw lined and were obviously hot, to bad i had a feeling they wanted to kill me,

"whoes the girl" said the girl beside the blond boy she stepped ot her features comming in view ahhh the thinker i thought with a faint smile she was the one i really had to worry about she had glossy brunette hair that cascaded in soft ringlets to her shoulders was nearly as tall as the blond girl only she had more of a athetic body she wore a long thin purple press which seeemed abit starnge to me in this time of freezing cold she was more of a softer beauty to the blonds more obvious one

"i say we get the info out of her and leave we should be getting back" said the blond guy chekng his rolex which i was pretty cirtian was encrusted in diamonds

"so what you doin here this is our turf" said the blong girl walking closer with a stealth like walk i found myself inching back to tree

"Sienna chill your scaring her" said the brunette girl i braved a smile at her in thanks but she just blinked back blankly

"just get the info of the chick and lets jet im starving" said the blond haired boy once more

"Gabriel get sienna im of" said the blond guy to the dark haired one who up until now had been completly quite, he started to walk towards me and stood beside Sienna you guys head back ill deal with her" he replied his face serious and expression stern i found my stomach churn what was he going to do... to me.. all of a sudden i didnt want them to go, sienna grinned at me with what i could only explain was as devilishly she was obviously satisfied and turned heading back to the others

"hey gabriel what are you talking about just erase her memory and lets go" said the blond haired boy who seemed to have a worried expression on his handsome face

"Avery" Gabriel said simply his gaze turning back to me

"its ok lets go Isaiah" she said with a comforting hand on his shoulder and he seemed to relax and all at once with such ease they transformed Sienna to a golden persian Feline Cat Isiah to a beautiful white bird and Avery a silky coated dark panther  and just as soon as they had shifted theyd gone leaving my dumbstruck they must have pratcised for years to finally choose a something that theyd become comfortable as shifting took years to train some never learn to shift properly at all or find there real place like Sienna being a persian cat it wasnt just you who chose what you wanted to be but just as much what the **bleep**er inside of you had chosen for you, these guys were the real deal,

"so what am i to do with you, kill you first or get my information why dont you pick" said Gabriel as he crouched down to my level making me freeze

"you dont understand im a shifter to"  replied terrified disgusted that id shown my fear so easily now hed only feed from it

"you a shifter wel why dont you show me then" he said with a amused smile, as i bit my lip nervously i couldnt show him what i could do it was to shamful it was way to shamefull

"hurry up im loosing my patience" he said unpatiently as terror took over i had no control my sense reated and i saw the worst thing imaginable was happening my hair... it was tuning purple, i stared at him dumbstruck his face was expressionless that suddenly his lip started to tremble and before i knew it we were both doubled over laughing what must have been mins we both cooled down

"well whatd you kn"ow" he said with a grin

"so youll let me go" i said hopfully with a smile

"no you comming with me im taking you back home with me" he said standing up

"no .. wait my brother i have to find him i crnt" i stuttured going back with him with the others thinking hed slit my throat no way was i going back to them

"he didnt dissapear today by any chance did he" he siad with a frown as i got up

"yh he did" i replied

"**bleep**, well im sorry abou your loss but hes probably not dead," he said "but he might as well be" i swear i heared him mumble that under his breath and didnt like it one but but decided to leave it for now

"you brothers pob one of them, you and me are after the same people, we leave in a couple of days we lost a member to them to so you might as well hang with us for now" he said with a shrug , i stood still taking it in my brother was still alive! and iit made sense what he said i couldnt do this by myself and these guys seemed to know what they were doing,

"ok kool" a replied with a nervous smile

"take hold of my arm" he said closing his eyes in concentration

"wait arnt you going to shift into like a cool creature like the others" i said with a grin

he whole face seemed to tense up so i dropped it, i took hold of his arm, and felt everything go blank and just like that found myself in a house,

"wow no fraking way that some teleprting **bleep**" i said in awe

"something like that" he said with a grin

"Gabriel about time" said Sienna mid sentense with a smile but stopped dead in her track as she saw me, Isaiah and Avery walked into the room avery i noticed had a faint smile on her lips and rewarded me with a secret wink.. im going to like her i though, Isiah i could tell just looked relived so teyd known i though when they left me so maybe they hadnt wanted me dead well apart from Sienna of course who was really pissed of right now, she was about to say somethig, but Gabriel stopped her mis sentence

"we have a newbie in the group, Avery i need you to show her the ropes her shifting is really weak, Isiah show her around im going out to get us some food Sienna Shell be sharing a room with you" he said leaving me horrified no way hed just given me a death sentence, Sienna ddnt look so pissed of anymore but she was planning and i had no idea what to do

"its jess by the way" i said just before he walked out the door

"yeh well welcome or whatever" he said abit arkwardly which i had to kinda admit was kinda cute, i caught Sienna' death stare and decided to follow Avery as she ushered me to follow her upstairs

"well this is Sienna' room which is also yours now dont mind her shes cool really"

"yeh right" i muttered

"your clothes are on your bed get changed and ill see ya downsatirs" she said with a soft smile and walked away gently closing the door behined her, Sienna room was gorg just like her and huge with a king size bed with silk pink covers and light pink wallpaper with inctricate designs it was lovely my bed was a single bed with white plain covers, but hey i couldnt complain theyd offered me a home here, i saw that Avery had set out a soft light pink gown  which was way to long for me since it seemed to drag everywhere with me, but thankfully i spotted some cute matched fluffy slippers  and made my way down,

Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

The house was old, but definatley not like the old creeky houses you feared as a little kid. The haunted one that no one would walk infront of on their own. No, this house had a warm atmosphere, that made you want to learn more about it, to live there, day after day. I crossed an old open room with large bay windows in the back wall, a moth eaten sofa, and a grand piano in the center.

I had never been a great shot at music. When I was younger, Massy tried to teach me how to sing. She had a soft and gentle voice that floated across the room, it was peaceful, and serien. Often, when I was still thinking about my parents, I would sit in the corner chair by the fireplace in our old kitchen, and just sit and think. Massy didnt even need to ask what was troubling me. She already knew. Wraping her arm around me, Massy would sing a sweet and beautiful lulaby, and she always staid besides me. There were times when I thought that this action alone proved that there was another "power" out in the world, greater then our ability to change form, or "shapeshift." This was a spiritual power I would think. One that didnt need to actually appear in any specific form, because it had the ability to show its sself without making a show of things. And as the years passed. I knew I had been right about this power. But unlike the one that I possessed, this was more natural. It was a power to be kind, care, and recieve love in return.  I'm not so sure about this anymore, however. If everyone really did have a power to live and love, then why was my brother dead?

Maybe this power isnt as common as once thought. Was it more a gift, then a common ability? Evidently.

Slowly, I stepped into the room, and over an old worn carpet towards the piano. It was missing some keys, and those that were remaining had turned old and yellow with the ages of time, but you could tell just from site alone that it had been well played many times.

My fingers traces over the body of the instrument, marking the simply niches and cranies on the fine serface. Then, I gently reached out to the keyes, and lightly tapped my finger down on a key.

A sharp note bouched off, and echoed around the room. Hurriedly, I slamed the piano shut, hoping to avoid my sharp note being noticed by the others downstairs. I heard the voices from the room below falter, then silence. Biting my lip, I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping they wouldnt be angry with me snooping around. But then, the voices started up again. I couldnt hear exactrly what they were saying, but i had a feeling that it meant I wasnt in trouble.

Standing up, I decided enough sneaking around for the present time, and went to go back down stairs.

"You dont have to go yet,Jess."

The back of my skin crawled. Slowly, I turned around. Standing in the door frame was Avery.

((Avery is a guy right???? i couldnt remember...agghh!))

He had an amused look on his face that caught me off guard.

"Oho look, erm.. I really am sorry I just.." I began to stutter. But Avery didnt seem upset. Infact, he smiled.

"It's ok," he said. "I'm not going to kick you out just because you played one note on my piano." Ohoo.. so it was his piano. "You might need to loosen up though Jess, if you were freaking out that I was going to get mad at you." My face flushed. Thankfully though, he didnt notice. Just turned around and opend up the piano again.

"Can you play?" he asked.

"No," I admitted. He smiled thoughtfully.

"It helps me keep my mid off things, playing this I mean." He stated. "I mean, having this weird power... well.. lets just say I like to do more.. human.. things at times. You know what I mean?" I nodded.

"Just so you know that you are still there?" I added. "Like, doing something so you know that you havent really lost your self just yet?"

Aveny smiled again. "Yeah," he said. "Thats exactly what I meant." He sat down on the stool, and let his fingers roll over each key.

"I am sorry," I said. "I shouldnt be sneaking around your house like this."

"No, Jess. It is ok, forget it."

"Are you sure?"

Avery rolled his eyes, and I felt my heart miss a beat. "Yes, Jess. Please, dont keep appoligising. Its not your best feature." I noticed his eyes follow down my figure, and I wasnt sure to feel embarassed, creeped out, or intrigued. All of the above, prehaps?

Determined, I sstood up again.

"Maybe I should go rejoin the others?" I offered.

"Well...erm.... ok. I guess so." I couldnt help but notice the disapointment that lingered in his voice. "Yeah, your right. Go back down. You can find your way right?" I nodded. "Ok then, I'll meet you downstairs in a minute."

"Ok," I said. Then began to back out of the room.

"Oho and Jess." Avery began.

"Yes?"

"You can come here whenever you need to ok? Ya know. Whenever you need to feel more.. "

"Normal?" I asked.

"Yeah," avery smiled. "I'm always here. Ok?"

"Um.. sure." I responded. Not knowing what to say. Avery turned back to the piano.

"I'll meet you downstairs in a bit." He finished, and said nothing more. I backed out of the room quickly, and headed down the main staircase. But as I did, I stopped, and listeed back for Avery. I heard the first sweet, and beautiful notes of a song, as they drifted down the hall. But then they wavered, and stopped. Curious, I turned around, and to my surprise, I saw Avery, still sitting at the piano, but with a single tear running down his tired cheek.

((sorry i wrote a lot.. haha .. ))

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

( i like it djaq. Except two things-i believe Avery is a girl, so we can make it like Gabriel (Gabe for nickname?) or Isaiah ( ok omgosh i know both a gabe and isaiah, they were both in my classes last year...little wierd...). Also- Whos massy? We have A Mally, who is 14, and Amee....whos 18. Could we make it Amee? good job djaq. whos next?)

Correspondent
Notjustphysical
0 Kudos

Okay wait this is crazy i havent been on for awhile because everyone has been so busy now im on and everyone wrote but me so am i next? Or does it not matter

~Love is a poison~
Inspired Wordsmith
random97
0 Kudos

(sure why not? i dont think it really matters)

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

ohoo wow. i guess i failed then..... wow i was thinking "avery" as ferns brother in charlottes web...and "Massy" as in that cartoon mouse thing...... ugh.. ok.. woops.. sorry bout that random! :smileyhappy: ok so lets just say that it wasnt gabe or w/e.. cus it should definatley be the other guy!!

"We could do pizza."